"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered my tickets for Sept 10th Party. Its officially official we are going :jumping1:
Sadly i dont think we will be dressing up. I was in a car wreck 2 weeks ago (on my 30 days till date so it was too late to cancel the trip). My van which is what we always drive to Disney was totaled so we are having to get DH's car up to par for the road trip. Im saving where I can but DH said to order the party tickets so i did. But i'll skip costumes to save some money.

We will be going to the same party! Trick or treating is the best non-parade/firework activity :D Will you be wearing a Halloween themed shirt?

Im doing OK, fortunately I was the only one in my car so the rest of the family is fine. I am super sore and have the typical (according to the doctors)neck and back pain. I have to go to Physical Therapy for 6 weeks. It has changed our plans alot, Im not allowed to ride anything with that lovely "neck and back pain" warning. So I will be doing A LOT of trick or treating and meet and greets.
I may have to rent a scooter. We are waiting to see how I am feeling after next week.
As they say "Any day in Disney is better then a great day at home" ;) I am going to enjoy the heck out of my trip no matter what my limits are.

Glad your ok, yeah that does change plans a bit but at least your able to go and Disney do plenty of other things compared to just rides.

Where? Did you experience this? What characters went where?

This was two years ago, but my rain + character experiences over 4 parties that I remember (I had really bad luck that year)

Minnie/Daisy/Goofy/Donald all met together at the train station exit
Cruella met on the side of the bathrooms (I think the rain had stopped at this point?)
Tarzan/Jane/Terk met at the Adventureland Bridge (covered)
Jafar met under the breezeway near the bathrooms
Jack Sparrow met at Tortuga
Gaston met inside his tavern (this was pre-Belle)
Jack/Sally were back in Storybook circus, so already under cover

The only characters I can remember being problematic were the 7 Dwarfs since their setup was outside the castle walls (where the princes meet at Christmas). Everyone else was either inside or I met when it wasn't raining.

I got my itinerary emails to me from Disney today for the Hallowishes Dessert Party on the 29th. It still makes reference to parade viewing and I got all excited for a minute until I checked the times on the website and realized nothing had changed there. I guess they copied the text from last years emails. Here's the logistics details from that email:

Credential Pick Up
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM:
Check-in once inside the park at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Pick up your credentials at the podium located just outside the Main Street entrance of Tomorrowland Terrace once inside the Magic Kingdom® Park.

If credentials were not previously picked up at Tomorrowland Terrace, they will also be available for pick-up beginning at 7:45 PM when the parade viewing location opens for Dessert Party guests.

Important information about your HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package
Admission to this event requires a separately priced ticket valid only during specific event dates and hours. There is a 5-day cancellation policy and full payment will be charged if you cancel within 5 days of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation. Credential identification is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Disney Dining Plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event. This offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. The area for Mickey's "Boo-To-You" Halloween Parade is outdoors and standing room only. Seating is not available for the parade viewing, but wheelchairs and ECVs can be accommodated. Seating will be available at the dessert party, where it will be pre-assigned. Fireworks Viewing with Dessert Party are outdoors and uncovered. In the event of inclement weather, the parade and/or fireworks may be delayed or cancelled. However, the dessert party will occur regardless of the weather. Please choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive. Entertainment offerings subject to change without notice.

do you recommend we eat dinner before the official party starts?

Personally, if I was taking children that had never been before, I would eat dinner beforehand, arrive full at 4:00, and let the kids snack all night.

I did not get hard tickets - mine were "Print at home" which is the default selection.
I didn't even know there was a hard ticket option or I would have selected it.

When you purchase tickets, Disney's default is to try you to accept an electronic option, a paper you print out, or will call. If you click "Other delivery options" (or something like that), you see further choices, one of which is "Mail tickets to you home" which is free shipping.

I was in a car wreck 2 weeks ago (on my 30 days till date so it was too late to cancel the trip). My van which is what we always drive to Disney was totaled so we are having to get DH's car up to par for the road trip. Im saving where I can but DH said to order the party tickets so i did. But i'll skip costumes to save some money.

If you want to PM me, I have costumes in a variety of sizes; maybe I could send you something?

We will be going to the same party! Trick or treating is the best non-parade/firework activity :D Will you be wearing a Halloween themed shirt?
If you want to PM me, I have costumes in a variety of sizes; maybe I could send you something?
Thank you for that sweet offer :) I have a few costumes but they are all long/hot. Our plan had been to do Scooby doo gang but all the parts and pieces would cost over $100 so we though maybe just The Incredibles T shirts but I would have to order those and they are $15 each x5 people. I looked up the "DIY Bleach T-Shirts" I may try to buy some $3 t-shirts and do Bleach out Jack O Lantern Mickey faces. Its the most cost effective and easy.

IMG_6962.JPG IMG_6963.JPG Sorry I'm commenting so much! You go away for a day and this thread grows another 10 pages so I was catching up.

Anyways, for those interested for either the party or a park day I saw these two cute girls items at Target today and figured I'd share them!

I'm in there almost every day and will continue to keep an eye out for Disney Halloween things for everyone.

I assume if arriving at 4 or earlier for the party that we would have to make our way back outside the park in order to get the headless horseman magic shot? Also assume there wouldn't be an issue getting back in as long as we have our wristbands?

I assume if arriving at 4 or earlier for the party that we would have to make our way back outside the park in order to get the headless horseman magic shot? Also assume there wouldn't be an issue getting back in as long as we have our wristbands?
Does it need to be dark out for this magic shot???

Those are great questions - last year I don't think I saw any photographers for the Headless Horseman shot when we entered right around 4, but maybe I missed them. We were able to get this on our way out, well past midnight. There was a bit of a line, maybe 5 minutes of waiting. Totally worth it!

Nope, that picture is inside the front gates, but before the train station underpass.

We will be going to WDW in mid September. I see that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party already started and the prices increase as we get closer to October. Since we're going to be there during it's on, it is worth going? What kinda of events or activities are there for the kids? Also, do they only sell limited tickets those nights?

Last edited:
We will be going to WDW in mid September. I see that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party already started and the prices increase as we get closer to October. Since we're going to be there during it's on, it is worth going? What kinda of events or activities are there for the kids? Also, do they only sell limited tickets those nights?
You need to read the beginning of this post many activities going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter