"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify for me which rides and attractions are closed during the party? I want to make sure we hit as many of them as we can before since we aren't doing any actual park days. It's just about killing me to not be able to get our FPs yet but it's supposed to rain both nights that we are going to be in florida so I'm waiting a few more days to hopefully pick the less rainy one.

The open attractions are on Disney's website on the page for the party https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...alloween-party/#/drawer=drawerOpenAttractions

Im going to MNSSHP on Sept 29 and Oct 1
Excited but freaking out at same time.
Pirate Kenny helped some but not a lot of info of what characters will be out this year. Heard of a lot of new characters that werent there 2 yrs ago. Hoping to come up with a plan of which I want to see.
MNSSHP is alot of fun but so much going on
I love trick o treating, the parade, fireworks, food.
Cant wait
Anyone else going those nights?
We will be there Friday the 29th

I was not expecting tonight's party to sell out! We Now have had both our parties sell out (went the 24th)!! Oh well we did almost everything we wanted at the first and got a late start to tonight! Probably won't be on maybe phone much but I'll post a pic later of our costumes from Sunday!

Can someone clarify for me which rides and attractions are closed during the party? I want to make sure we hit as many of them as we can before since we aren't doing any actual park days. It's just about killing me to not be able to get our FPs yet but it's supposed to rain both nights that we are going to be in florida so I'm waiting a few more days to hopefully pick the less rainy one.

See Post #1

We have 5:10pm reservations for The Wave before mnsshp and were planning on arriving in costume. Is that gonna be a problem? We dont wanna stick out like sore thumbs but we wers planning to walk to MK after.

Also, we are renting a minivan and plan to drive to CR for The Wave reservation. Can we leave our vehicle there until we are done with the party? If not, we maybhage to figure out alternative transpo other than disney buses. I dont really wanna wait a long time fter midnight to get back to our resort.

Hey y'all! just got back from our trip today and definitely feeling the Disney blues.

we attended 2 MNSSHP. (the 22nd and sold out night 24th)

even thought the 22 wasn't sold out, it still felt crowded. Most rides were walk ons both nights. we waited 20 min for seven dwarfs on the 24th during fireworks and Peter pan was 15 minutes. was able to use FPs both nights before the party started. We only met goofy and his wait was 20 min on the 24th.

Had dinner reservations at BOG on the 22nd. it was ok, i would do a QS next time. not worth missing out on party time.

I was there on the 22nd too and also thought it was quite crowded. Loved the short lines for the rides though and the Hocus Pocus show was fantastic!

We head over to Frontierland to watch the 7:15 Cadaver Dans performance, which ought to be called Cowboy Cadaver Dans. I go to the spot marked on the app in front of the Trading Post, which turns out to be wrong. It was further down, in front of the last building before you hit the gap before Country Bears. I dash over there and about five minutes in after people leave, manage to get a front row standing spot. They were great, but the only Halloween song was the Boo to You song. I was really hoping for the HM song or something from Nightmare. This is a Halloween party after all. They finish at 7:30. I think it is much better at Disneyland, which I've managed to go to once- better costumes, better staging, better song choices, no cowboy jokes. If you've seen the Disneyland version, you may be a bit disappointed.

Good to know-Those are the Cadaver Dans I am used to. Now this gets an asterisk next to it on my plans (a do if you have time but don't sweat it if you dont)

We have 5:10pm reservations for The Wave before mnsshp and were planning on arriving in costume. Is that gonna be a problem? We dont wanna stick out like sore thumbs but we wers planning to walk to MK after.

Also, we are renting a minivan and plan to drive to CR for The Wave reservation. Can we leave our vehicle there until we are done with the party? If not, we maybhage to figure out alternative transpo other than disney buses. I dont really wanna wait a long time fter midnight to get back to our resort.
You can pay to valet at CR and leave your vehicle as long as you like. Otherwise you are limited to 3 hours with an ADR. And the monorail resorts DO check and ticket (or tow!)

Just looked at the WDW and if u click the character icons it tells u where each will be during MNSSHP. Looks very helpful.
Going Friday and Sunday if anyone wants to say hi.
How hard is it to get a Party exclusive shirt? Anyone know the price?
Cant wait, one more day of work then off to WDW.
Anyone care to know my party day plans let me know

Anyone at tonight's sold out party? Was checking the wait times on MDE app and it doesn't look bad. Going next Tuesday and hopefully crowds will be great.

Anyone at tonight's sold out party? Was checking the wait times on MDE app and it doesn't look bad. Going next Tuesday and hopefully crowds will be great.
We were there. It didn't seem that crowded. Long waits for characters, but that seems to happen every night. It really didn't seem that crowded, but we avoided Main Street, so that might have been bad.

Was there tonight much more crowded for the Halloween party then the park earlier in the day. Did get our pictures with the seven drawfs and Cruella Deville. The temperatures are through the ceiling though wasn't expecting 94° Still had a lot of fun and going again on Friday night

Went to the party last night, but I may not be a great person to ask since we don't do character meet & greets or magic shots! Park was definitely crowded until the fireworks, but not unmanageable. After the fireworks, the park really emptied out. Definitely save your trick or treating until 11pm. We trick or treated for 30 minutes in Storybook Circus and filled 4 bags no problem (between 2 people). We walked right up to the 12am Hocus Pocus show and got a great viewing location. When it was busy from 7pm to 8pm, we enjoyed the Cadaver Dans and the Haunted Mansion story tellers. We walked around to see the characters (i.e. Jack & Sally and 7 Dwarfs) and got some great pics of them, but didn't line up to meet them. Just seeing them is enough for us. Ride lines were very light. We watched the first parade in Frontierland, and then walked to the grassy area in front of Casey's for the fireworks and found a great location just 20 minutes before the show. It did feel crowded for the first 3hrs of the party, but totally manageable with a plan.

What time did you get your parade spot in Frontierland and were you front row? We like to watch somewhere near Diamond Horseshoe and hope that 30-40 mins early will be enough! I also planned on walking over near Casey's for fireworks after the parade. What path did you take and do you have any crowd advice or wish you would have done it differently?

That was a fun night! We've been up since 7:30am though and are just getting to bed at 1:30am! So I'll talk about my experience as a person who wasn't interested in character meet and greets in the LATER morning.

I'll also put a few pics up of our costumes!

I've attended MNSSHP every year since 2013 and I can't wait to go again this year! We're attending October 26 and have a hefty plan but I'm 95% positive we can get it all done. We're APs so we'll be in the park all day.

Here's our schedule:

1:45 ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern

Depending on what time it is/wait times/FP+ availability: Ride Haunted Mansion

3:30/3:45 I will line up for Jack and Sally, DBF to nearest wristband station for wristband (what seems closer Tortuga Tavern or Philharmagic?)

He returns to stand in line and I’m off to get my wristband then get in line at Liberty riverboat popcorn stand for Oogie boogie bucket

Hopefully done with Jack and Sally by 5:15

5:15 Head to Storybook Circus to line up for 7 dwarves. Not sure where we’ll be in line since I’m sure the line will have formed by the time we get there. Alternate shopping at Big Top Souvenirs for party merchandise.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) done with Dwarves by 6:30?

6:30 Line up for Cruella

Depending on what time we’re done with Cruella, head to either Cadavar Dans or HM for the Madams/magic shots. If we do HM first, we will head over to Cadavar Dans after.

Trick or Treat on our way to Ariel and Prince Eric to hopefully be arriving early for their 8:50 set.

9:15 Make way to Main Street , trick or treat on way to get Magic shots then find a spot for Hallowishes
Random question that I've never looked into before. Does the bypass stay open through the whole party? We'll miss it since we'll be in the park already and I'd like to do it if possible.

10:30 meet Mickey if wait time is short or just find spot for Boo-to-You (I’m sure we could use some extra sitting at this point)

11:15 Watch Boo-to-you on Main Street

After parade, walk very briskly to Tomorrowland to see if meeting Lotso is an option (we did this for MVCMP with Nick and Judy and it worked!)

12am: Again walk briskly to Main Street for Hocus Pocus show

Afterwards, back to resort to collapse in exhaustion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter