"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ErinsMommy Yes it was a big price increase and I totally agree it is expensive.
But just to keep things in perspective, any vacation is going to be $$$. Last year took a Ski Trip to Colorado that cost just as much.

@ErinsMommy Yes it was a big price increase and I totally agree it is expensive.
But just to keep things in perspective, any vacation is going to be $$$. Last year took a Ski Trip to Colorado that cost just as much.

So true - which is why we keep coming back. I rather be riding in Disney than snowboarding in the cold in Colorado. :)

I've done parties on the 13, 14, 16 and 17 that were all sellouts. However, most sold out only a week or two in advance (one was day of). So you will likely be able to see a 15 day forecast before buying....but in Florida the weather can change by the minute, so not sure I'd base my decision on that.

Good to know. We'll just keep an eye on the weather and make a decision closer to the date. I don't want to risk the tickets being sold out. Hopefully we can get a date earlier in our trip and, that way, if the weather turns nasty that day, we can hopefully get a rain check for the next party later in the week.

We will be in Disney from 8/23-8/28, so the only day that will work for us is the 25th I'm hoping I can get 4 tickets for us.

Any clue when they will be released for sale? I called today and a cast member said that she had no idea, and that they will announce it "on the blog" first (I wasnt sure what she was talking about)?

We will be in Disney from 8/23-8/28, so the only day that will work for us is the 25th I'm hoping I can get 4 tickets for us.

Any clue when they will be released for sale? I called today and a cast member said that she had no idea, and that they will announce it "on the blog" first (I wasnt sure what she was talking about)?

Speculation is they'll go on sale in May. And I believe that's the blog CM referred to. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

@OhioStateBuckeye Glad to see another familiar DISer! What are your dates this year?

Hey, nice to see you again. What are you guys planning on this year?

I might not be going this year, which is why I haven't been on the thread much. We are trying to plan Hong Kong and Tokyo for this fall. Though I will be tempted to fly to Orlando for a weekend just for MNSSHP and the headless horseman event. We'll see.

Wow! I'm shocked the dates are finally out, I thought for sure we'd see them at the beginning of May. But I'm happy to see you got the dates you were hoping for - Woot! Any chances you'd be willing to give us updates while there?
Of course! :)

Thank you so much for the info!:D

Also, can I buy tickets for this online? Is a good way for me to keep checking for when they go on sale to see if I can buy them at Disney's website?

Yes, you can buy them online. You probably only need to keep on eye on this thread to find out when they go on sale. ;)

Hey, nice to see you again. What are you guys planning on this year?

I might not be going this year, which is why I haven't been on the thread much. We are trying to plan Hong Kong and Tokyo for this fall. Though I will be tempted to fly to Orlando for a weekend just for MNSSHP and the headless horseman event. We'll see.

Thanks for asking, we'll arrive on Oct 26th and depart on Nov. 1st. :flower3:

Wow! Hong Kong?! That sounds so cool. This will be your second trip to Tokyo? We were there in 2015 March/April for two weeks. LOVE TDR. Wasn't able to meet with my Aunts & Uncles so DS really missed out.

The Headless Horseman event sounds perfect. We'll be doing this event as well as two MNSSHP's this year and staying at BRV, which is new for us. Can't wait. I really hope you'll be there during the fall. It's really great seeing you on the boards again you were so helpful last year.:hug:

I'm confused about the costume rules for adults. The first bullet point under 'inappropriate attire' states that costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older but later on down the page it states that all guests may dress as their favorite character (and continues to give costume guidelines). ??? Am I missing something or is that a direct contradiction? I've been known to have reading comprehension issues! :tongue: I hope the first 'rule' is a typo - I've been planning our costumes for weeks!! :jester:pirate::hippie::firefight:shamrock:

Edit: Yep, reading comprehension issues. Now I get it, the rule is for non party days. Duh.

Yay for the August parties!!!!

I was confused at first then realized it listed the rules for regular park rules then special event rules. It's just so Disney! :upsidedow

It's 32° here in MI, cold, snow & raining - Boooooo!
Looking forward to :beach: , :hmghost:, :dancer:and :grouphug: now that the dates have been released!

We're going October 1st! Question (total newbie here): How late do the rides stay open? The party is until midnight, right?

I'm undecided whether to go to my first MNSSHP on September 19th. I'm not really into the character meet and greets or trick or treating. Are the entertainment options that much better than an ordinary MK day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter