"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how I wish we could've managed a September trip! Oh well it's Disney! We likely won't be back at the Halloween Party time of year again. It'll be fantastic and great memories will be made! Sticker shock will be a distant memory when we're watching Hallowishes:jumping1:

I saw this info regarding military discounts on a group I'm in so I thought I'd share. It's not official or fro my normal "source", so take it with a grain of salt.

"The dates for military discounted Halloween and Christmas parties are as follows (the list is not long unfortunately):

MNSSHP:
August 25, 29
September 1, 7, 10, 12, 17, 24

Adults- $51.80
Children- $48.30

MVMCP:
November 9, 12, 14, 16"

These are pretty limited. Seems they are more limited each year, but I guess with the steep discount that makes sense. At least there are more Halloween parties due to the early start.

Thank you for posting! It looks like they are still offering the same amount of days 8 with slight increases. Here's what 2016 looked like:
2016 Military Ticket Prices*
September 2, 8, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, & 25 - Adult $50.40 plus tax, Child (3-9) – $46.90 plus tax

Here's a link to a CM website in FL:
https://collinsrace1.wordpress.com/

Heh, thanks. I actually had just left my question as a comment on their 2017 MNSSHP post on that blog.

Their 2016 MNSSHP post had a screenshot of the CM discount announcement for that year's tickets... But it is a bit blurry, and some of the bullet points under "Details" on it seem to bounce between talking about FL-based CMs only and what sounds like all CMs with Main Entrance Passes/Self Admission passes. Hopefully they'll be able to clarify for me, otherwise I get to tell my California CM friend to go have fun digging for info on their Hub. XD

I leave the board for one night and this is what happens... holy smokes!!

I left my Disney GC at home today so I will have to run back over my lunch hour to grab it and then order my tickets.

Glad to see that our party date (Sept 17th) is on the lowest end of the price spectrum.

For those who have ordered in the past or already ordered for this year - if I order online can I have the plastic party tickets shipped to me? Or do I have to order over the phone in order to get them in the mail?
I opted to have ours shipped and did it on the computer.

Hi Everyone,

We are planning a trip in mid-September and are trying to decide on which day to attend the MNSSHP, either on a Sunday or a Tuesday.

We had assumed that more locals would attend on a Sunday. However, Tuesday tickets in September are more expensive than Sunday tickets in September. Given that Disney charges more based on demand, this would indicate that Tuesdays are busier.

If anyone has insight into this, we would really appreciate it as we would prefer to attend on a less crowded night, if there is such a thing anymore. :)

Thanks!

Why would you assume that? They would have to get up early the next day for work or school.

I bet those Military Tickets are spot on and I would guess CM Discounts will mirror those dates.

2017 Military MNSSHP:
August 25, 29

And if that's the case the Sept. 24th party will most likely sell out.

I bet those Military Tickets are spot on and I would guess CM Discounts will mirror those dates.

:sad::sad::sad: At least we'll have the 19th as a hopefully quieter party and will likely be our party to get the parade and shows in on.

Yes you can assign your tickets to ANY account. And you don't need Magic Bands to enter the party you just need the party ticket.
I think this is my exact plan...buy the hard tickets and have them mailed. Then carry those and my bands, the bands so I can scan those for pics! But... will I still make my fp times with that card as I do with my band?! Did that make sense! Lol

Why would you assume that? They would have to get up early the next day for work or school.

We typically do the first week in october. Since they stopped the race the first weekend i had expected crowd level on that Sunday to decrease, but it really hasn't.

Did the first weekday one (tuesday?) two ago and it was far less crowded

Rates for us woud be discounted approx $10 pp on the Sunday vs the Tuesday. I'm torn as Sunday is our travel day and it would make for a long day indeed.

2017 Military MNSSHP:
August 25, 29

Yep, what I suspected! I'm thinking I may need to secure my 24th tickets in the next few weeks! I could do the 22nd party instead but I don't want to have to change all my plans! Grrr

Yep, what I suspected! I'm thinking I may need to secure my 24th tickets in the next few weeks! I could do the 22nd party instead but I don't want to have to change all my plans! Grrr

I can't see the 22nd being any different because that's a Friday. I'm waiting until July to purchase mine.

This! The 24th is our CRT breakfast and BOG late lunch as well as DD's BBB appointment. i'm not touching that date!

Now that I finally was able to buy my tickets I don't know what to do with myself. This was one of the last pieces of the puzzle we were waiting to fall into place - most of all our other planning is already done. I guess the only thing left is FastPass+ research and trying to decide which ones our family wants for each park.

Idk if I'm ready to go down that rabbit hole.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter