• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would wait until you definitely have plans to go. You can also buy tickets on the day of the party as long as it's not sold out.
Lol, thanks for the reply, and yes that would be the smartest thing to do. However . . . I am one of those anxious overplanners and I like to have my stuff nailed down ASAP. I will try to be patient!!

Ok, I received a call as a follow-up to my e-mail about the dessert parties including parade viewing. I can reiterate that I received the same information:

MNSSHP - NO parade viewing included
MVMCP - Parade viewing included

The CM was extremely nice and told me WDW Guest Communications has received an influx of "inquiries" (I assume complaints) about the parades since the dessert parties were released. She claims she also contacts Magic Kingdom Guest Relations daily to see if anything has changed so she can provide updated information about the dessert parties. She then explained that the parade viewing area for MNSSHP could be added to the dessert party at any time and that Disney is still finalizing the details for MNSSHP and tickets have only been on sale for about a month whereas the first party is not for more than two months (good point).

As @FoxC63 suggested, let your inquiries and frustrations be heard! It really does sound like Disney is listening to its guests about this. I shared with her why I thought the parade viewing was going to be included and that I was confused how it could be the same price as the MVMCP's dessert party when it includes less. I was very happy to receive this call, and am off to compose my emails from multiple accounts. I remember a few months back Disney advertised the "Highway in the Sky" dining experience and then started changing its details. Once guests started contacting Disney about their frustrations, Disney reinstated the original itinerary.

Lets see what happens this time! :)

Ok question. What time would it be wise to start lining up to see Jack and Sally? They come out at 5 it says.

Ok question. What time would it be wise to start lining up to see Jack and Sally? They come out at 5 it says.

Last year, Halloween Night, I got in line @ ~4:10pm and still waited ~40 minutes. More PP have MYW tickets/PH and are already in the parks using PP realize. MY 2:30pm ADR ran over & had be behind on "my timeline."

Last year, Halloween Night, I got in line @ ~4:10pm and still waited ~40 minutes. More PP have MYW tickets/PH and are already in the parks using PP realize. MY 2:30pm ADR ran over & had be behind on "my timeline."
Will they let you line up early for this? Is there already a line or barrier set up and do you think if I got in line at 4 would that be a problem.

How crowded are the sold out party's? The last few MNSSHP we went to were packed and they were a good times. We went to MVMCP last year and it was hardly busy at all. We don't really like to plan but we do because we know it's necessary. That's why I like the parties. We can just have fun and go where ever. No agenda. Our trip 10/25 to 11/1 so the parties will be busy. I just wonder how bad it will be.

We've done each party- both were sell outs. Our first experience was the Christmas party, and trying to hold our spots for the parade was exhausting. It was a mob. So I happily booked the dessert party last year for MNSSHP, and it was worth every penny not having to fight people off my parade spot I held for two hours. The meet and greets at both parties were pretty crowded, rides were not, and it wasn't bad. MVMCP definitely felt more chaotic because we didn't have the reserved seating for parade and fireworks viewing.

Will they let you line up early for this? Is there already a line or barrier set up and do you think if I got in line at 4 would that be a problem.

Yes, line had already started before 4pm. When I got in line, i was at the crosswalk from Gazebo that leads to Adventureland. Not a barrier yet. PP will let you know that they are in line for J&S. Very friendly. My family of 3 joined me around 5pm with no problem. CM came around 4 and moved line along (get a little closer) and passed out Signature Cards. PP knew where the line started.

Yes, line had already started before 4pm. When I got in line, i was at the crosswalk from Gazebo that leads to Adventureland. Not a barrier yet. PP will let you know that they are in line for J&S. Very friendly. My family of 3 joined me around 5pm with no problem. CM came around 4 and moved line along (get a little closer) and passed out Signature Cards. PP knew where the line started.
Thanks for the information. I am super excited for this. Any advice about characters besides those two you can throw my way feel free to let me know. Thank you!

Does anyone know if you could just get a character signature card for those meet and greets that have them without waiting in line? For example, if you have no desire to actually meet the character, but would just like the signature card.

I'm hoping the lack of parade viewing in the MNSSHP dessert party means it will be part of a Villains soirée experience. Here's to hoping!

What if Disney has no plans to offer anything new like a Villains Soiree or Parade Package, what then? Are you going to cut into your Halloween party time just to secure spots for a parade or not attend them? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Thanks for the information. I am super excited for this. Any advice about characters besides those two you can throw my way feel free to let me know. Thank you!

If you line up early for J&S and are done by 5:20/5:30 you could easily get in line for another character that comes out at 7pm. Pooh & Gang are an awesome M&G and are in their Halloween finest or Capt. Jack Sparrow. Who would you like to see?

I would be so excited if they offered a Villians Soiree this year!
Is that a rumor or are we just hoping?
Which characters have been there in the past?

Does anyone know if you could just get a character signature card for those meet and greets that have them without waiting in line? For example, if you have no desire to actually meet the character, but would just like the signature card.

Hmmm, that's really a great question! I don't think I have ever read anyone posting that they did this. Though out of curiosity why would you want a signature card of a character you didn't meet? It would make sense for like a 'Signature' scrapbook page - sounds fun and interesting!

I am a new DIS member, but have been following this thread for quite some time. Thank you to all who have posted very helpful advice!

I booked Hallowishes Premium Dessert Party for 10/26. I contacted Signature Services after reading on this forum that it didn't include the prime parade viewing location, and they confirmed that it does not this year.

I e-mailed Disney guest services, who reiterated that they take guest concerns very seriously and will share them with management. We will cancel our Hallowishes dessert party reservations if it doesn't include parade viewing spot.

Since CRT is listed as one of three table service locations open for dining during MNSSHP, it seems unlikely Villains Soiree would be held there. But possibly somewhere else? Here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter