"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Ironically enough (and y’all may think I’m crazy) but I just cancelled my ADRs for the dessert parties that would have otherwise been eligible for the parade viewing.

I had my misgivings when I booked but was intrigued by the parade viewing. But ultimately I’m not a huge fan of the view from the Terrace, and I still have memories of doing the dessert party last year which ate into time I’d personally prefer to be doing other things. Plus every year as DS gets older, staying up for the second parade becomes more of a reality.

Anyway, now I get to live vicariously through all of you! Someone remind me of this foolish move if I come back complaining about having a hard time finding a spot for the first parade! :rotfl:

I honestly might end up still canceling after we get the reports back with the specifics and how it all effected peoples evenings. For all we know the parade viewing spot sucks and we are all just being made puppets and have the strings putting smiles on our faces.

I just got a call from Matt. My wife and I, booked the garden viewing on June 1st.

UPDATE!
I also have the Plaza Garden Viewing Hallowishes Dessert Party booked (for 10/4), and I just received a call letting us know that we will be getting the parade viewing.

@scrappinginontario maybe this is why guests cannot add anyone to their original dessert package. The parade viewing location will be a shared with both dessert parties! This makes perfect sense! And I'm very pleased with this new development as it's giving me options! :D WOOT!

Ironically enough (and y’all may think I’m crazy) but I just cancelled my ADRs for the dessert parties that would have otherwise been eligible for the parade viewing.

I had my misgivings when I booked but was intrigued by the parade viewing. But ultimately I’m not a huge fan of the view from the Terrace, and I still have memories of doing the dessert party last year which ate into time I’d personally prefer to be doing other things. Plus every year as DS gets older, staying up for the second parade becomes more of a reality.

Anyway, now I get to live vicariously through all of you! Someone remind me of this foolish move if I come back complaining about having a hard time finding a spot for the first parade! :rotfl:

I was just about to include you in a post! Obviously you didn't book the Plaza while hoarding the Terrace! You're so funny! :hug:

I was able to book FP on my party ticket several days ago but cancelled them due to what another Diser stated. Then I got this email today and rebooked my FP's. No additional emails from Disney but if they say I am going to get my FP's cancelled, I will fight about it nicely. With all the confusions going on, Disney should respect their guests with all we are buying from them.

This can be a long drawn tedious process, last year many called Internet Help Desk (407) 939-4357. This information is posted here in case anyone needs it.

NOTE: This post has been edited. This is the direct number to Internet Help Desk.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will add this in October as I would like to go to this also lol
I hope not because there are only 2 nights of the week in October when we go that do not have MNSSHP. I would hate for another night to be taken away for going to Magic Kingdom.

Apparently not since I canceled Terrace, booked Garden, but he made me rebook Terrace to get my parade...>:(:DHonestly, just glad to have the parade spot.

I read on another site that Pinocchio and Geppetto are being replaced this year in the parade, but they can't say with whom. Has me curious.
Well shoot!

I hope not because there are only 2 nights of the week in October when we go that do not have MNSSHP. I would hate for another night to be taken away for going to Magic Kingdom.
It would stink, but at the same time DAH is absolutely amazing!

I almost thought this thread was the dessert party thread

I just scanned through new posts and did not see a 2018 MNSSHP Dessert Party thread, can you please give me the link. I'd like to add it to the Itinerary thread. Thank you so much!

Hello Fellow DISers,
Thought I'd through in my experience with the Hallowishes Dessert Party too. I have the Terrace view Hallowishes dessert party booked for October 31st (booked on 6/1) and I received my call today from Disney guest services around 2PM. I was in an afternoon work meeting so the CM just left me a voicemail, but I kind of preferred that and it is going to remain saved in my voicemails until after my trip for proof....lol.
Here is what she said (definitely sounded scripted):
"Hi this is Susan (? sounded like she really said Season) calling from the Walt Disney World travel services guest service. I'm just calling in regards to your upcoming Hallowishes fireworks dessert package on October 31st. I just wanted to let you know that because your booking was made on or before June 18th, your dessert party will still include the parade viewing for Mickey's "Boo to You" Halloween parade. The Hallowishes dessert party doesn't typically include parade viewing however at the time of your booking there was an error on our website and we want to make sure that we're honoring the details of your reservation. You'll also still be able to enjoy the reserved viewing for Happy Hallowishes nighttime spectacular fireworks along with the buffet of desserts. We do apologize for any confusion, but again we are happy to invite you and your family to experience reserved viewing for both the parade and the fireworks."

Hello Fellow DISers,
"Hi this is Susan (? sounded like she really said Season) calling from the Walt Disney World travel services guest service. I'm just calling in regards to your upcoming Hallowishes fireworks dessert package on October 31st. I just wanted to let you know that because your booking was made on or before June 18th, your dessert party will still include the parade viewing for Mickey's "Boo to You" Halloween parade. The Hallowishes dessert party doesn't typically include parade viewing however at the time of your booking there was an error on our website and we want to make sure that we're honoring the details of your reservation. You'll also still be able to enjoy the reserved viewing for Happy Hallowishes nighttime spectacular fireworks along with the buffet of desserts. We do apologize for any confusion, but again we are happy to invite you and your family to experience reserved viewing for both the parade and the fireworks."

That is a very nice, professional message and what I would expect from Disney.
Thank you for sharing.
:mickeybar

Hello Fellow DISers,
Thought I'd through in my experience with the Hallowishes Dessert Party too. I have the Terrace view Hallowishes dessert party booked for October 31st (booked on 6/1) and I received my call today from Disney guest services around 2PM. I was in an afternoon work meeting so the CM just left me a voicemail, but I kind of preferred that and it is going to remain saved in my voicemails until after my trip for proof....lol.
It's definitely scripted, because that's basically word for word what I got when I answered the call.

Well, I'm excited. We booked the tickets for 10/12 and have the dessert party with the garden view for Hallowishes. It's our last night in the parks, so we're going out with a bang!

I got my call today, and the guy I spoke to was very nice. He did indicate twice that it was for the first parade, and I asked him about timing of getting to dessert area after parade, and he indicated that viewing area would be close to the terrace, and that there would be cast members guiding us. He also indicated to check in at the terrace restaurant at 4:30 to find out further info.

I got my call today, and the guy I spoke to was very nice. He did indicate twice that it was for the first parade, and I asked him about timing of getting to dessert area after parade, and he indicated that viewing area would be close to the terrace, and that there would be cast members guiding us. He also indicated to check in at the terrace restaurant at 4:30 to find out further info.
When we did the villains soirée a few years ago, it came with reserved parade viewing right in the hub. It was a great location and it would be very close to the terrace...

When we did the villains soirée a few years ago, it came with reserved parade viewing right in the hub. It was a great location and it would be very close to the terrace...

Exactly! I was just looking at 2014 reviews! Great minds think alike! ::yes::

It would be nice if Disney added some elements back to the dessert packages.
The lanyard with instructions on the back sounds cool as does receiving a cool mug filled with candy per person vs one bag of chocolates for your entire group.

I'm thinking if this is the location for parade viewing it should take about 10 minutes to arrive from Frontierland.

Last edited:
Just to add the FP reports, we have 4 day tickets plus MNSSHP tickets for 8/28. I booked my four park days and then got two fast passes for MNSSHP which is in the middle of our trip. The fast passes ended at 6 (i.e. my second fastness is for 5:25-6:00) not the usual one hour. That was this morning, and so far no email that I will lose another day of fast passes. I hope it works!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter