"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Under Know before you go:
Pre-assigned seating is available at the dessert party—every table has great views of Cinderella Castle.

So is it preassigned once you check in? :scratchin

My interpretation of pre-assigned is it's done before you show up, other wise the wording would be seated on a first come first serve basis, I think.

I believe that verbiage is dated not to mention confusing. If you look at any of the dessert reviews they all state it's first come, first served. It's when you arrive at the desert location a CM will take you to your table. It's not run like a wedding reception where your name is on a preassigned table.

Last edited:
FPs are not available during the party so we will be there during normal park hours when we are using our FPs. I have never heard of anyone ever being turned away from their FP window as long as they arrive no earlier than 5 mins before their FP begins or within 15 mins after a FP ends. This window is preprogrammed into the Disney system and not up to CMs to decide.

You were referring to the grace period not the hour window and I was replying to the same. Yes, it has happened many times for the past few years. If your FP is on your party ticket then the grace period is not guaranteed, it is up to the ride CM to determine what the best course of action is. They might let you go through but they do not have to. If your fastpass is between 4pm-5pm or whatever yes, you are allowed to ride anytime between that threshold. But if you arrive at 3:45 and expect to go on the ride, you might encounter an issue. This too is called the grace period. Confusing right?

Last edited:
Who the heck knows. I'm pretty sure, under normal circumstances, that the seating will be assigned well ahead of check-in time.

At this point, I'll just be happy to have a seat with some desserts without mass confusion.

And I'm still waiting on my fastpass. :earboy2:

I just hope not to get under the overhang like another diser said happened to them and couldn't see well but as one person stated prior if its not a good enough view for us I guess we just leave

I just hope not to get under the overhang like another diser said happened to them and couldn't see well but as one person stated prior if its not a good enough view for us I guess we just leave

Last year we got seated at the table that was right against the railing and we were nowhere near the first to arrive. There were already people in the tables behind us. They were larger groups though and we were only 2, not sure if that makes a difference.

Last year we got seated at the table that was right against the railing and we were nowhere near the first to arrive. There were already people in the tables behind us. They were larger groups though and we were only 2, not sure if that makes a difference.

How was it moving around to get desserts or was this after you had them? Did you wait there long before the fireworks started?

How was it moving around to get desserts or was this after you had them? Did you wait there long before the fireworks started?

It was relatively comfortable moving around and the line at the buffet table didn't seem as long to me as previous years where I've done the non Halloween version of the dessert party. It definitely seemed like less people, but I don't know if it was just not well booked or if they were just not selling as may tables.

I know you can’t use fast pass during the party but does anyone know if the Disability pass can be used during the Halloween party?

Here is our view last year. Great view of the castle, but the overhang blocked most of the fireworks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.40.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.40.00 PM.png
    703.8 KB · Views: 59
Here is our view last year. Great view of the castle, but the overhang blocked most of the fireworks.

Thanks for sharing this. I can’t tell- were you in the second row of tables after those at the rail?

Thanks for sharing this. I can’t tell- were you in the second row of tables after those at the rail?
There was a counter type thing in the front with regular chairs. Then 3 top tables in the 2nd row and the 3rd row was for larger groups. There were 5 of us so we were put in the back.

There was a counter type thing in the front with regular chairs. Then 3 top tables in the 2nd row and the 3rd row was for larger groups. There were 5 of us so we were put in the back.

Gotcha, thanks.

This is a great view of the castle! WOW! And I can see the overhang you mentioned too. If I remember correctly you have the Plaza now?

This is a great view of the castle! WOW! And I can see the overhang you mentioned too. If I remember correctly you have the Plaza now?
Yes, we decided to go for plaza this time. Was shocked when they said they would still honor the parade viewing with it.

:drive: What do you guys think, how hard would it be to get Uber on Oct 31st at 3:20, 4:20 and 5pm. So THREE separate trips. Has anyone used them on Oct 31st at WDW? Are they easily obtainable?
Currently I only have Uber gift cards so Lyft and Minnie Vans are not an option. I have never used this type of service before and have no idea of what to expect. Thank you

Update: I found the Uber Thread :D
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/page-104

Last edited:
I have only read the last couple of pages so I apologize if this is redundant, but I booked my fastpasses the other day and ran into an issue that I thought I would share. I booked most of our days FPs, then the FPs for our MNSSHP, then went to book FPs for my daughter (who has an extra day on her ticket ) and it would not let me. I called and the first CM gave me bad advice. So I called again, and the second CM told me to always book the MNSSHP FPs last :confused3 she was knowledgeable and helpful and added the FPs for me - assured me I can definitely have FPs for the party. Just letting anyone know it might be easier just to leave them for last if you are booking for other days as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter