"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

You can call to make your own package - I’ve done this before with regular items, so would think you could do it with the holiday ones? I made one basket for the kids with 2 stuffies and several other additional items (lanyards, candy, etc).
I made one last year for my Halloween vacation. I got the Minnie tote with balloons and a bunch of snacks that my dad enjoyed eating.

We are doing the party October 28th. I booked all our FPs this past Sunday at my 60 window. Now I just booked 2 FPs for October 28th between 4-6.
Is this okay? It's not going to cancel any other of my FPs?
Wait what? I thought the FP were 60 day? Which wouldn't be until July for September/October trips.:confused3

Does anyone have experience with customizing a Halloween package? Can you remove unwanted items (like the autograph book & pen) or build your own gift set? Or do you have to purchase as shown?

Thanks!

@Cluelyss posted she created her own. See: Post #3635

According to the (WDW) Disney Florist, click on "Custom Gift Builder" and follow the prompts.

upload_2018-6-29_0-6-27.png

Here's the Disney Florist - CUSTOM GIFT BUILDER - Link: http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/category/custom+gift+builder.do?nType=1

This is awesome and I love your costume ideas too! So for now it looks like there will be a total of five gal pals enjoying the parade together. My friend will be Sherlock Holmes and I'll be Dr. Watson! As of now we can tag this as a Girls Only party! Woot!!! As my girl friend would say, "No Boys Allowed!" :flower1:

Also I noticed this is your First post, :welcome: to the DIS newbie!

Awe thanks for the welcome :ccat:

I am so excited! And I love your costumes - Sherlock and Watson are classics. To be honest my DS and I were originally going to go as two of the fairies from Sleeping Beauty but.......after a very tough week we decided Evil Queen would be better :teeth: (me, DS and her 3 kids went to my mom's house to take care of her after she had surgery - the whole thing was miserable)

YAY girls party!!!!!! I'll make sure to stay in touch :earboy2:

Are you terrace or plaza for the party?

Yes this is exactly the case. I would call though and see if maybe they will let you add it now and say it is unfair or something and see if they cave in to more pressure from people saying it is unfair that some get it and others don't who pay the same price. Report back if you do though.

Right, those who booked while the dessert party description still included parade viewing are eligible for the reserved area.

Just to clarify for you @buzzrelly, the dessert party was never intended to include parade viewing. Once disney realized their error, they removed it from the description on the website. They then offered to include it for anyone that has booked while the parade viewing was still showing on the website (so prior to 6/18), after many angry calls and emails from quite a few DISers.

Thanks, everyone! Sounds like I missed the boat on that one. That'll teach me…I guess I need to focus more on my Halloween trip starting in May!

Hey guys how do I get the Passholders rate applied to my tickets.

I have not purchased yet, but I would think that if you log into your Disney account before trying to buy the tickets, the passholder rate would apply -- assuming that you have already been to Disney World and gone to Guest Services or a ticket window to activate your Annual Pass.

If you purchased your Annual Pass but have not gone to Disney World yet to activate it, then it's possible that the passholder discounted rate would not show on the website and you would have to call to get the discount. I'm just guessing about this, based on what happens for some people if they purchase an Annual Pass, have not activated it yet, and try to book a hotel room with the passholder discount.

Mainly I'm just trying to bump up your question (of how you get the Passholder rate applied to your tickets).

I have not purchased yet, but I would think that if you log into your Disney account before trying to buy the tickets, the passholder rate would apply -- assuming that you have already been to Disney World and gone to Guest Services or a ticket window to activate your Annual Pass.

If you purchased your Annual Pass but have not gone to Disney World yet to activate it, then it's possible that the passholder discounted rate would not show on the website and you would have to call to get the discount. I'm just guessing about this, based on what happens for some people if they purchase an Annual Pass, have not activated it yet, and try to book a hotel room with the passholder discount.

Mainly I'm just trying to bump up your question (of how you get the Passholder rate applied to your tickets).
You are correct, you must be signed in to see the passholder rates (assuming you have an active pass). You’ll then click the button to see pricing for passholders. HOWEVER, not all dates are discounted, so you may have to switch back to “pricing for all guests” if your date does not appear on the calendar.

Thanks, everyone! Sounds like I missed the boat on that one. That'll teach me…I guess I need to focus more on my Halloween trip starting in May!

Still wouldn't hurt to call and ask. Worst thing they could say is no. I am going on Oct 16th Party and have Terrance with the parade. Tell them you were waiting to buy but planned to go. Might work lol

Still wouldn't hurt to call and ask. Worst thing they could say is no. I am going on Oct 16th Party and have Terrance with the parade. Tell them you were waiting to buy but planned to go. Might work lol

Thanks. Maybe I’ll give it a try!

@Cluelyss I think your right, this has the potential to get messy. Yikes!

I totally agree! Which is why I'm really surprised with how they have chosen to deal with this. Don't get me wrong, I love that they are giving me the parade viewing, but how on earth do they possibly think they can pull this off without causing more issues? Social media is already all over and what about the night of? I'm thinking it's going to be pretty hard for those without parade viewing to not notice that some are getting parade viewing and with both those groups paying the same price, you are opening yourself up to upsetting a whole new group of people. If they have found a way to honour the parade viewing for some, they should just add it in for everybody and if that is not possible, they should have never offered to the pre 6/18 bookings only.

I certainly appreciate their effort to try and do the right thing, but I really feel as though they have not completely though through all the implications on this one. It will make it very interesting to see how it all pans out.

Does anyone have experience with customizing a Halloween package? Can you remove unwanted items (like the autograph book & pen) or build your own gift set? Or do you have to purchase as shown?

Thanks!

I have not done a Hallowe'en one specifically, but I do a welcome basket for my son at the start of each of our trips and I always just do the customize one and put in exactly what I want. You should be able to do the same for Hallowe'en themed stuff. Or, if there is a pre-done up package that you really like except for an item or two, I would just call them and ask for a substitution, they can probably do it. I know in the past one time something I ordered was not available and they called me and we subbed stuff out easily.

I had an idea this week for costumes for my son and I to go as Squishy and Squishy's Mom from Monsters University. I'm just trying to decide if I'm really brave enough to walk around in curlers and a tacky floral robe.
Omg please do this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter