"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I’m worried I’m trying to meet too many characters.

I might cut a few non-essentials. I’d really love to get Jack (got Sandy Claws at Christmas) and 7 Dwarves (never bothered with them before).

The only other one I’d *really* like is Cruella. Kicking myself that I didn’t do the villains mix and mingle when it was a thing.
Line up for Jack & Sally right at 4 then head immediately to the dwarfs. You’ll have both finished by 7. Cruella is really an amazing M&G, so I’d recommend fitting her in if you can. She’s close to the dwarfs, so check her line when you’re done there. If it’s before 7 you may get lucky and it will still be shortish. We lined up at 6:30 last year as she was our priority M&G that night, but the line didn’t really start building until she showed up. It’s kind of hidden, which is both a blessing and a curse!

Oh I would not be happy if I saw 20 people join in line. I would probably say something. I don’t mind if it’s like a parent waiting for their kids or something but a whole group would make me mad. I would definitely use a fp for a character if I could.
The only good thing about the dwarfs is it’s 1 picture with your group, then you’re ushered on. Keeps the line moving. We got super lucky 2 years ago that they let my hubby take this pic of DS and Doc before the next family was in place. It’s one of my favorite pictures ever!
70FB1E6D-47A3-4E41-B11F-6163E188E755.jpeg

I've seen a lot of posts about weather & rain during the parties. Obviously there is no way of predicting if a party will be rained out but is there any historical data on how many are rained out each year? Hoping the odds will be in our favor.
I'm not aware of them ever cancelling a party due to only rain. Last year was different due to hurricane Irma and all of the parks being closed. If there were party dates scheduled on the days the parks were closed due to the hurricane those parties would have been cancelled.

Basically it rains at least a bit almost every day from Aug - Oct. It's just FL. My suggestion is that anyone going to a Halloween party should be prepared for rain until close enough for a more accurate forecast.

If it's torrential rain I believe some people attempt to exchange tickets for a different party at Guest Services. I believe some have had success doing that. Does anyone have experiences they can share about trying to exchange party tickets for another day due to rain?

I haven't listened to the music yet, I made one of the songs into a ringtone a few years ago. Maybe I'll have to change my ringtone to that one. I thought it was from the parade, but the song says HalloWhishes. It's the bit from HM where they say "Hurry back, hurry back, if you want to join us make sure to make final arrangements..."

First post on Disboards. Wow, a whole world of knowledge and tips I never previously appreciated. Six-day pass August 25th through 30th, and MNSSHP on August 31st. Very excited. So many great tips on this site. And it sounds like I need to find this MNSSHP theme music in advance to help get the family excited....

Oh, the reason I'm posting on this thread.....

I was able to book two FP (between 4-6, first one starting after 4pm) with our party pass on the 31st. I'll certainly let folks know if we get an email or have problems using them. Thankfully, it sounds like the worst case outcome is our last day FPs getting removed by Disney, which, for us, would be the MNSSHP-related FPs. If we lose our FOP FP, my wife will never speak to me again!

:welcome: to the DIS! Even if you have to cancel your party FP's, you can call to get them restored.

I haven't listened to the music yet, I made one of the songs into a ringtone a few years ago. Maybe I'll have to change my ringtone to that one. I thought it was from the parade, but the song says HalloWhishes. It's the bit from HM where they say "Hurry back, hurry back, if you want to join us make sure to make final arrangements..."
That’s the end of the fireworks show :)

I'm not aware of them ever cancelling a party due to only rain. Last year was different due to hurricane Irma and all of the parks being closed. If there were party dates scheduled on the days the parks were closed due to the hurricane those parties would have been cancelled.

Basically it rains at least a bit almost every day from Aug - Oct. It's just FL. My suggestion is that anyone going to a Halloween party should be prepared for rain until close enough for a more accurate forecast.

If it's torrential rain I believe some people attempt to exchange tickets for a different party at Guest Services. I believe some have had success doing that. Does anyone have experiences they can share about trying to exchange party tickets for another day due to rain?
They do not cancel do to rain. The headless horseman will not go if raining and neither will the Hocus Pocus show or the parade, but the fireworks will go on and so will handing out candy, they just slightly move the candy. We went one year where there was a river flowing through future land and everything was pushed back or canceeld and wen't to guest services and they offered to give us another ticket for later that week, but we were leaving, so when we got home we sent an email about what happened and were given a full refund.

The only good thing about the dwarfs is it’s 1 picture with your group, then you’re ushered on. Keeps the line moving. We got super lucky 2 years ago that they let my hubby take this pic of DS and Doc before the next family was in place. It’s one of my favorite pictures ever!
View attachment 340947
That’s such a cute picture! I hope they don’t let people start lining up at 2. That wouldn’t be fun at all

That’s such a cute picture! I hope they don’t let people start lining up at 2. That wouldn’t be fun at all

It wouldn't be fun for those coming in at 4 and certainly wouldn't be fun for those coming in at 2. If someone is willing to stand in line at 2 until after 6 for a 60 second photo opp then they deserve to be first in line and maybe get an extra 20 seconds.

I can't imagine anyone starting the lines that early, the Florida heat and humidity in Aug, Sept. & early Oct. are just too much even in the shade. If they start forming lines early it could be around 3:45-4pm. Last year DISers reported as soon as they got to certain character lines there were about 15-20 people already there. This could very well double especially if CM's aren't checking wristbands, which they normally do.

We just have to see what's being reported including if the wristband distributions locations inside the park are in fact releasing them at 4pm per their usual time.

The other odd ball question @OhioStateBuckeye brought up is with DVC entering at 2pm does this mean in costume? How early can adults enter Magic Kingdom? Many have regular park tickets plus party tickets. :ssst:

We're going to the second MNSSHP, can't wait! The parade is my #1 priority, what time should we look for a spot and where is a good location for prime viewing? :thanks:

My kid's #1 priority is trick or treating. :rolleyes1 How are the candy lines?

Does Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear sign autographs? If he doesn't, does his line move a little faster? Debating whether or not to get a pic with him. Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter