"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

You many not necessarily want to go by the forecast as this is most likely what you'll see:

View attachment 341100

From now until mid-late September it will rain a portion of almost every single day so if you look ahead you'll probably see this. Reality is though that the majority of those days you'll get a good ole dump of rain mid-afternoon to early evening but before and after that it will be sunny.

The first time I went to Disney for a quick trip I made the mistake of turning on the weather channel in the room (this was long before iPhones and weather apps), saw the forecast and almost cried! All this money to be rained out??? I quickly realized that the weather is a snapshot of the entire day at a distance and not hour by hour.

Not sure if this helps but wanted to share my experience.

Except those of us in the US will see considerably higher numbers on those temps as we do F and not C... :P

I'm looking at that one too. I think I will wait until maybe the Friday before to buy tickets though. If the chance of rain is 20% or less then I'm in. :cool1:

I know I would just be annoyed the whole night if I had to wear my rain poncho. We're planning on being BB8 and R2D2, more Disney bounding than true costume so we'll wear them on HS day if we don't go to MNSSHP.
Well, I will almost assure you that the forecast for the "day" will be more than 20% that whole week. It seems like weather apps just post the percentage at 40 or higher for Florida at all times, because it will most likely rain at some point. Maybe during the day or maybe in the evening. It's hard to tell at this point.

Out of the 3 MNSSHP events I have been to, it has rained at some point during the party. This is for September or October parties. I have only seen the Headless Horseman ride one time. One party was a washout for about half of it. The other two parties, it rained for about an hour at the start of the party.

I think it is safe to say that there will be rain at some point during the day. If you are looking at booking this party, with it being on a holiday, I would book now if you have any thought of actually going. I realize you want to wait for a more accurate rain forecast, but I can see this party selling out with it being on a holiday.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great vacation and enjoy MNSSHP if you decide to go. :)

Well, I will almost assure you that the forecast for the "day" will be more than 20% that whole week. It seems like weather apps just post the percentage at 40 or higher for Florida at all times, because it will most likely rain at some point. Maybe during the day or maybe in the evening. It's hard to tell at this point.

Out of the 3 MNSSHP events I have been to, it has rained at some point during the party. This is for September or October parties. I have only seen the Headless Horseman ride one time. One party was a washout for about half of it. The other two parties, it rained for about an hour at the start of the party.

I think it is safe to say that there will be rain at some point during the day. If you are looking at booking this party, with it being on a holiday, I would book now if you have any thought of actually going. I realize you want to wait for a more accurate rain forecast, but I can see this party selling out with it being on a holiday.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great vacation and enjoy MNSSHP if you decide to go. :)

I agree. Don't stress over something you can't control at all.

I'm hoping for the weather we had the first week of September last year, minus Irma. We flew home the day before they closed MCO. I have read that the African dust is keeping hurricanes away this year. Hoping that is the case for everyone in the potential paths.

We were there the same time last year, and the weather was beautiful! Except that we had to leave two days early due to Irma's impending arrival, of course. We flew out the morning that they were closing MCO.

Are those brownies, or those chocolate squares that they used to sell the gray stuff on at BOG? I couldn't eat those, they were way too hard for me...

• Aloha Isle – chocolate tart filled with chocolate ganache and topped with Oreo panna cotta and a white chocolate Haunted Mansion-inspired portrait.
  • Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – chocolate tart filled with raspberry compote and topped with white chocolate mousse and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
  • Liberty Square Market – chocolate tart filled with chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter icing and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
  • Storybook Treats – chocolate tart filled with lemon curd, strawberry compote and topped with strawberry mousse and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.

We were there the same time last year, and the weather was beautiful! Except that we had to leave two days early due to Irma's impending arrival, of course. We flew out the morning that they were closing MCO.

What was the airport like?

• Aloha Isle – chocolate tart filled with chocolate ganache and topped with Oreo panna cotta and a white chocolate Haunted Mansion-inspired portrait.
  • Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – chocolate tart filled with raspberry compote and topped with white chocolate mousse and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
  • Liberty Square Market – chocolate tart filled with chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter icing and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
  • Storybook Treats – chocolate tart filled with lemon curd, strawberry compote and topped with strawberry mousse and a Haunted Mansion-inspired white chocolate portrait.
I'm not sure if the BOG ones were called chocolate tarts. They were the same shape but they weren't filled with anything, they just had the gray stuff on top. I guess I'd better not risk it, I'd hate to spend the money and not be able to eat it! Thanks anyway!

I'm a little stressed/possibly confused. We are booked for the HalloWishes dessert party, which starts at 8:45, but it seems that the HalloWishes fireworks won't be until 10:15 that evening. Do we really need to be there for an hour and a half before the fireworks start?

I'm a little stressed/possibly confused. We are booked for the HalloWishes dessert party, which starts at 8:45, but it seems that the HalloWishes fireworks won't be until 10:15 that evening. Do we really need to be there for an hour and a half before the fireworks start?
i just recently did the HEA dessert party. We checked in an hour and half before the fireworks, they took us to our table and put a reserved sign on it and told us we could leave and come back whenever we wanted.

i just recently did the HEA dessert party. We checked in an hour and half before the fireworks, they took us to our table and put a reserved sign on it and told us we could leave and come back whenever we wanted.

Oh, this is good to know! With so much to do in such a limited time, I didn't want to miss out on too much.

For those concerned about the weather...You're not alone! We're heading to the first party (the only one that's happening during our stay) and I know it definitely rains basically every day in August from past August experiences. I'm stocking up on rain ponchos and holding out hope that it's just a typical Florida afternoon rainfall, followed by an AWESOME party!

Just booked for the September 3rd party!!! I can't wait! I don't usually like celebrating Halloween, but this will be my 4th MNSSHP!!! :)
I'm right there with you! Going to my third party on Sept 3 (maybe our paths will cross now that I know what you look like!) and my fourth on Sept 7!! (part of the Fall Into Magic package) Wish I didn't have to wait a month! :bored:

We’ll play it by ear, it’s not a make it or break it for us. My husband would rather just hang out in the club lounge all night if it was up to him, but it’s not. :rotfl::rotfl::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

For those concerned about the weather...You're not alone! We're heading to the first party (the only one that's happening during our stay) and I know it definitely rains basically every day in August from past August experiences. I'm stocking up on rain ponchos and holding out hope that it's just a typical Florida afternoon rainfall, followed by an AWESOME party!

We had to cancel our whole trip last year for MNSSHP and F & W because of IRMA I am hoping this year we can come rain or not. We really want to experience both. Ponchos packed.

I'm right there with you! Going to my third party on Sept 3 (maybe our paths will cross now that I know what you look like!) and my fourth on Sept 7!! (part of the Fall Into Magic package) Wish I didn't have to wait a month! :bored:
@gberg! It would be great to run into you! I will probably be running around like a crazy person during that party since there will be a lot of things to do. However, hopefully I will get to see you at some point on this trip. If you know me well, there is a good chance you can spot me consistently at one location throughout the week. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter