"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

By special request, for @Cluelyss --

I was standing next to the water, across from Country Bears in Frontierland, watching the fireworks, when I looked over a little bit and saw a Photopass photographer. He was taking pictures of people standing next to the big pumpkin, DURING the fireworks! He was getting pictures of people with the fireworks in the background. (The big pumpkin is next to the water across from Country Bears.)

Results may vary, because you don't know which fireworks will go off while you are standing there.

P.S. Please don't put these on Page 1!

These are fabulous and appreciate you sharing this!

I'm having a "discussion" with my SIL about the early entry (4PM) to MNSSHP. He insists that people cannot get in that early every night and he wants to use one day of his park ticket to go to MK early in the day and stay until the party starts at 7PM. I've explained it over and over to him that party guests can enter as early as 4PM. Is this information printed anywhere that I can direct him to? Or are there any exceptions to the 4PM entry rule and he is correct? I told him I think he should save a day of his ticket to use later in the week because he will have a full 8 hours at the party from 4PM to 12AM.

I'm having a "discussion" with my SIL about the early entry (4PM) to MNSSHP. He insists that people cannot get in that early every night and he wants to use one day of his park ticket to go to MK early in the day and stay until the party starts at 7PM. I've explained it over and over to him that party guests can enter as early as 4PM. Is this information printed anywhere that I can direct him to? Or are there any exceptions to the 4PM entry rule and he is correct? I told him I think he should save a day of his ticket to use later in the week because he will have a full 8 hours at the party from 4PM to 12AM.
I saw it in a Disney parks blog a couple days ago but can't remember for the life of me how I got there

It is every party. You get let it at 4pm for sure and sometimes as early as 3:45. Good luck trying to convince him. Although I must say party days are usually really nice to do MK because the park is a lot less busy since it closes so early.

I thought we had a choice of which parade to attend?

"Checked in to dessert party. Choice of 1st or 2nd. Can come at 7:30 to eat before parade.
View at flagpole
." Post #6077 :scratchin
Yes, there is the option of parades, but the poster I was replying to specifically asked how they could do the first parade AND the dessert party ( without a dessert party that included parade viewing)

Anyone know if there Halloween postcards in MK? Any specific for MNSSHP at all? I can't find a mention of postcards online, and I don't want to waste time searching for Halloween postcards during the party if they don't exist, but I really hope someone has spotted them somewhere and can give me the info. Thank you in advance for your help!

Correct...BUT the Military MNSSHP tickets can NOT be bought online or over the phone. They must be purchased in person. When we arrive we will go buy these tickets with our son.

Not true - we purchased them in a combo of online form and then SoG calls for credit card number. It was super easy! They are wonderful. Arrived via Fedex. My DD had to sign the form.

Tuesday August 28th party. Supposed to be third smallest crowds according to touring plans. Family well in front of us were in line at 455 and they finished at 635. We got in line at 610 and were done at 750.
Sorry for the possibly stupid question but TP does party crowds? I’m subscriber and haven’t seen this fetaure!

I agree. If people are bothered by it, maybe they should skip the posts. Like I have done for many, many times on topics that don't pertain to me (I'm looking at you dessert party!). :P

:jumping1: Double yes. No interest in the dessert party minutia - THAT should have been a separate thread! I added to the weather discussion because this thread was currently about people deciding to go out in the rain or not and the resulting experience.

Yes, there is the option of parades, but the poster I was replying to specifically asked how they could do the first parade AND the dessert party ( without a dessert party that included parade viewing)

Oh, so sorry. I need my glasses! I left them on the plane in California when we landed! Sorry @SnowWhite2000 I hope I didn't confuse you! I'll delete to prevent anymore. :grouphug:

Oh, so sorry. I need my glasses! I left them on the plane in California when we landed! Sorry @SnowWhite2000 I hope I didn't confuse you! I'll delete to prevent anymore. :grouphug:
No worries! I've honestly confused myself, trying to follow over 390 pages of notes about this Halloween party! I think I fully understand now, and we'll either forgo the dessert party or try to stay up for the second parade. Many thanks for everyone's patience.

But is that option only for people with parade viewing included? @TISHLOVESDISNEY Did you have parade viewing included? I don't. I am obviously a less experienced poster and I cannot seem to link to all the relevant posts. If they let everyone who books the dessert party start eating desserts at 7:30, my problem is solved. The website, which I know is often wrong, only says I can get into the dessert party one hour and a half early, so 8:45, making the first parade a rush, like @Cluelyss notes. This question right here seems to be the crux of the matter. Anyone who did not have parade viewing included want to share their experience of being let into the dessert party at 7:30? Thank you!
Couldn't you go to the parade in the hub, then walk over to the dessert party and have plenty of time?

Thanks so much! :) Great advice- this gives me a lot to think about re: whether I cancel the dessert party. It certainly sounds stressful to rush to/from the parade and party... I'll have to give some thought to whether DD can make it to the second parade which would be ideal. Too bad they cancelled the parade viewing for those of us who waited to book!

Looking forward to hearing more reports from party goers -- both good and bad -- about the dessert party!

This is not really a great option either, but I think I'm planning on going to the garden early and putting DD on my shoulders and letting her watch from there. I did this last year with DS. You're certainly off Main Street and it's not ideal, but up on my shoulders the view is reasonable and there are no issues blocking others (unless a bunch of people have the same idea, which isn't likely). Not great for my back though. :-)

I just hate waiting around for a parade and I'm also not always certain my kids will make it to parade #2, so this was a make-shift strategy that kind of worked last year, so may try it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter