"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I genuinely cannot comprehend a temperature like that - I sincerely hope it cools down in the next 4 weeks! I’m Scottish: we all complain about the heat if it gets above about 70F, and when we had a “heatwave” in June when temps reached 80F, the roof of the science centre in our largest city melted!

Good luck, everyone going tonight!

I agree. Way too hot for me.

Next four weeks, so you'll be at WDW the second week in October?

Watch a little on youtube if you want to get a feel for the show beforehand.

I’m not the person you quoted, but I have been trying not to “spoil” too much of the WDW shows and rides by watching them on YouTube. Which makes sense for stuff I’m excited about, like fireworks, and makes absolutely zero sense when I’m talking about stuff I don’t want to see anyway! :sad2:

Wow you get to go for almost a month! I’m so jealous!!

I’m so excited! We are meeting up with 4 groups of family and friends while we are there, so basically a week each, including some that we haven’t seen in many years. My husband and I are WDW newbies, as are 2 of the 4 families we are meeting, so it should be interesting, but a lot of fun!

You never know what you're going to get in October! In 2015 it was too warm to wear a light halloween costume for me!

Hmmm. Maybe I need a back up plan in case it is too hot for my costume.

I’m not the person you quoted, but I have been trying not to “spoil” too much of the WDW shows and rides by watching them on YouTube. Which makes sense for stuff I’m excited about, like fireworks, and makes absolutely zero sense when I’m talking about stuff I don’t want to see anyway! :sad2:
I definitely only watch what I'm on the fence about. I've resisted the temptation to watch FoP videos, fireworks, and other things I haven't done yet. The anticipation is half the fun!

You never know what you're going to get in October! In 2015 it was too warm to wear a light halloween costume for me!

We went to Tokyo Disney Resort that year. In 2014 it was warm at first then later in the evening it was cooler. We wore Alfred Hitchcock "The Birds" costumes. I had a sleeveless dress with a matching jacket and I didn't put that on until 9pm. The cool breeze and damp air especially when taking the boat back to Wilderness Lodge felt chilly to me and we live in Michigan.

Woof! That's a long time! During the third week in October 2017, the temps dropped to 63° and on Halloween night it dropped even further catching most travelers off guard. Got to keep an eye on the weather!

Definitely a long time! Once we decided to go to WDW I didn’t want to fly all over the US seeing other people, so it was much easier to ask them all to come to us.

That’s good to know about the temps towards the end of the month, thank you. Maybe I will pack a sweater after all!

Hmmm. Maybe I need a back up plan in case it is too hot for my costume.

You can say that again. Back in 2014 I started the party melting in my costume and by the end of the night I had to buy a sweatshirt to brave the cold front of October 31st. So yeah. Like my pal Scar like to stress, be prepared!

Last edited:
This is why I am struggling with Halloween costumes for mid October....I know we can layer etc but some costumes work better than others for that type of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter