"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We are going to be at MK prior to the party on our party day. Is it possible to pack our costumes in a backpack and either carry them with us or put them in a locker and change into them at the MK once the party starts?
Yes, that's not a problem.

My wife and I attended last night. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. We already had tickets to an October party, but were worried some merch might have been gone by then. Plus, an extra Party is always good, right?

Yeah, not so much. It was way too crowded. It was difficult to even walk around pretty much all night, and not just in the hub. We really regretted going, and are very apprehensive about our October Party now.

We go to a Party almost every year, and this was by far the most crowded one we have attended.

Which email address are people using to voice their displeasure about the event?

ResortTV did a good job but I hated the spot they stayed in for the parade, I’m glad I canceled the dessert party after watching that. The light from that spot was also horrible. Why they weren’t looking towards main street like the first party did?
I didn’t watch the feed, but for other parades that utilize the flagpole for viewing, the entire area is reserved, so you could choose to sit in any spot around it. I’d imagine the spots facing Main Street are the first to fill up.

My wife and I attended last night. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. We already had tickets to an October party, but were worried some merch might have been gone by then. Plus, an extra Party is always good, right?

Yeah, not so much. It was way too crowded. It was difficult to even walk around pretty much all night, and not just in the hub. We really regretted going, and are very apprehensive about our October Party now.

We go to a Party almost every year, and this was by far the most crowded one we have attended.

Which email address are people using to voice their displeasure about the event?
You can email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

And for what it’s worth, I read somewhere that the number of tickets sold for each party this year was increased (I believe by 5,000). So this makes me quite nervous about the crowds as well.

And for what it’s worth, I read somewhere that the number of tickets sold for each party this year was increased (I believe by 5,000). So this makes me quite nervous about the crowds as well.
I've really been on the fence about keeping the dessert party since we are doing 2 other dessert parties during our trip, but that makes me want to keep the Hallowishes dessert party even more.

Watched the you tube live broadcast last night- made me soooo excited for our party in October! And from everything I saw, it didn’t seem any more crowded than our parties the past two years. ( which weren’t bad at all to us) except for character lines, which we don’t do. I truly believe it’s all in your perspective of things!

I didn’t think it was crowded. Yes I agree with long treat lines at the beginning but if you wait later in the evening trails were empty. I met Belle and Gaston with no wait. Multiple picture stops again no wait. I have done a Tuesday, Thursday, and now Friday party and they all seemed the same in crowds. There were multiple rides down which can cause the park to feel crowded.

We have tickets for Halloween night. This will be our first MNSSHP. Does Halloween usually sell out?? I am just trying to get a idea of what the crowds will be like. I have heard the ride lines are shorter, but the character lines can be crazy. Is this true?

I truly believe it’s all in your perspective of things!
This is so true. And having a plan helps immensely. Even on non sellout nights, party exclusive events will be crowded. That’s why the majority of people go to these events, so that's where the masses will be found. People expecting to walk around an empty park will leave disappointed. That’s why these boards are so important, IMO. They help people better plan their nights and know when to do what to avoid as much of a wait as possible. I always feel so bad for people who didn’t know they could get in at 4, or didn’t realize certain characters start meeting before 7. Thank you to everyone here for reporting their experiences for the rest of us to build from!!

We have tickets for Halloween night. This will be our first MNSSHP. Does Halloween usually sell out?? I am just trying to get a idea of what the crowds will be like. I have heard the ride lines are shorter, but the character lines can be crazy. Is this true?
Halloween will almost certainly sell out. However a sell out is a sellout, regardless of the night. And the party exclusive events will be crowded every night. With a good plan you’ll be just fine. See you there!

I didn’t think it was crowded. Yes I agree with long treat lines at the beginning but if you wait later in the evening trails were empty. I met Belle and Gaston with no wait. Multiple picture stops again no wait. I have done a Tuesday, Thursday, and now Friday party and they all seemed the same in crowds. There were multiple rides down which can cause the park to feel crowded.
I think the fact that not just multiple rides, by multiple POPULAR rides went down was a huge factor.

We went last night and enjoyed it but we have no previous parties to compare. My son's list was pretty simple so we did everything he wanted! We weren't let in a minute before 4:00 but did 5 rides (3 with fastpass) and then dinner at Columbia Harbor House before 7:00.

Once the party began we did 6 more rides and 7 trick or treat stations (3 twice). All of the lines moved quickly and we filled our four supplied bags which was plenty! Also, there is a trick or treat station as you are exiting Journey of the Little Mermaid in addition to the one listed at the Grotto that surprised us. We watched both parades, the first from the hub at the last minute (totally jam packed) and the second from Liberty Square where we got a first row spot 30 minutes before. We saw the Headless Horseman and then followed the parade out to leave once it passed.

For photos we did the one in the bypass when we entered and two by Haunted Mansion. The Haunted Mansion photo lines were extremely short right after the fireworks as compared to earlier in the evening when they were crazy.

We were thankful for the boat transportation back to Wilderness Lodge. Only 30 minutes from us getting in line to walking into our room!

The party last night was great. The weather held off, for the most part. Just a light rain for maybe an hour. When it started we jumped in the line for PP which was about 25 minutes so we hardly were aware of the rain. A lot of people just carried on....no ponchos or umbrellas.

It felt VERY crowded but the longest we waited in a line was 25 min and that was pretty early on. Somewhere around 8pm the line for 7DMT dropped to 30 min and stayed there. We got in that line but it was only 20 min. We walked on to a lot after that. We arrived on the Tomorrow Land bridge at 10:10 and got a perfect spot including a place to sit for the fireworks. There was still lots of room available. Then we went back to see Stitch. We then went towards PoC and cut through the walkway at Aloha just a couple of min before the second parade started and again got a great spot without even looking for it. Watched the parade then rode PoC which was a walk on. After that we took our time and went back to get the bus for the resort. Even that was a walk on. The bus pulled up loaded about half full and immediately left. We were in our beds by 12:45.

We had a look at some of the party specific treats but nothing grabbed us. We were quite happy to munch on some of the treats from the trick or treat stations that we collected. Which by the way we both left with two full bags. Not sure what we are going to do with all that. Might be sharing with the TSA :rotfl2:

Overall we had a great time. Did way more than we probably would have on any regular day at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter