• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

We went to Tues night’s party and had a great time! We were delayed leaving our resort by 2 hours as I waited for the lightening to pass. Caught a bus around 5:15 then we’re delayed by an accident close to the MK that had traffic backed up so arrived at the MK byvabiyt 5:45.

It rained for the first hour or so we were there but it didn’t dampen our spirits! Our goal was to ride rides, trick or treat, watch the fireworks and the parade.

Most rides were walk-ons or near walk-ons. Waited 35 mins for 7 dwarfs mine train but that was right at 7:00 and our choice. Since it was running we went on in case the rain came back and they shut it down again.

Ended up going on 11 rides, visited all but 2 t or t stations (many more than once), watched the fireworks from Frontierland bridge (personally wouldn’t do that again) then called it s a night. I could see on my dd’s face that while she was willing to watch it she was concerned about beingbfrightened. I didn’t want to frighten her so made the choice to skip the parade and t or t instead.

Very happy with our choices and enjoyed the party although will go to mvmcp next time as that party just works better for our family.

We arrive on Sunday 9/16 and don't have anything planned that day. We get in at like, 6am. Would it be ridiculous to get a party ticket that night, even though we already have one for 9/18?

We arrive on Sunday 9/16 and don't have anything planned that day. We get in at like, 6am. Would it be ridiculous to get a party ticket that night, even though we already have one for 9/18?
I don’t think it’s ridiculous if you have the extra money to spend. We’re going in October and land at 9 am but we are doing the party that night and the one 2 days later.

My grandson wants to see Stitch. He doesn't care if it's Elvis Stitch or regular Stitch. Does regular Stitch do an M&G somewhere? Rather not wait in the long Elvis Stitch lines if there's another option to meet Stitch somewhere during our trip.
You can also book a breakfast at O’Hana. Stitch and Lilo are there. They come to each table so you can take pics and have them sign autograph books. They are only at the breakfast seating.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous if you have the extra money to spend. We’re going in October and land at 9 am but we are doing the party that night and the one 2 days later.

Is there enough to do to fill two parties? We have never been to WDW before so we just don't want to waste the money if not. We also were looking at adding a day to our tickets and maybe doing the night at one of the other parks.

Is there enough to do to fill two parties? We have never been to WDW before so we just don't want to waste the money if not. We also were looking at adding a day to our tickets and maybe doing the night at one of the other parks.

That would depend on what you want to do during the party. Do you want to do a lot of M&G? Rides? Parade & Fireworks? ToT? Magic Shots?

Some of the M&G lines get crazy and it can eat up a lot of the party time. I think I read a few pages ago that Moana’s line got to 3 hours wait at some point.

That would depend on what you want to do during the party. Do you want to do a lot of M&G? Rides? Parade & Fireworks? ToT? Magic Shots?

Some of the M&G lines get crazy and it can eat up a lot of the party time. I think I read a few pages ago that Moana’s line got to 3 hours wait at some point.

The only M&G we definitely want to do are the Winnie The Pooh characters and Elvis Stitch. Everything else we are ok missing. We definitely want to do rides, the parade, fireworks, villain show, ToT and as many magic shots as we can.

I used a dynamite screwdriver Philips #0. It’s got a nice sturdy handle and is longer than those in the eyeglasses kits. Don’t know if I’m allowed to link out - purchased on Amazon.

Just FYI, you can post that link, no worries.

If by chance you post a link that is not permitted, the board software will filter the URL and it'll show up as www.****.com", or something similar.

The only M&G we definitely want to do are the Winnie The Pooh characters and Elvis Stitch. Everything else we are ok missing. We definitely want to do rides, the parade, fireworks, villain show, ToT and as many magic shots as we can.

You can just see how you feel after the first party. September dates (other than the first party) don't usually sell out I don't think.

We went to Tues night’s party and had a great time! We were delayed leaving our resort by 2 hours as I waited for the lightening to pass. Caught a bus around 5:15 then we’re delayed by an accident close to the MK that had traffic backed up so arrived at the MK byvabiyt 5:45.

It rained for the first hour or so we were there but it didn’t dampen our spirits! Our goal was to ride rides, trick or treat, watch the fireworks and the parade.

Most rides were walk-ons or near walk-ons. Waited 35 mins for 7 dwarfs mine train but that was right at 7:00 and our choice. Since it was running we went on in case the rain came back and they shut it down again.

Ended up going on 11 rides, visited all but 2 t or t stations (many more than once), watched the fireworks from Frontierland bridge (personally wouldn’t do that again) then called it s a night. I could see on my dd’s face that while she was willing to watch it she was concerned about beingbfrightened. I didn’t want to frighten her so made the choice to skip the parade and t or t instead.

Very happy with our choices and enjoyed the party although will go to mvmcp next time as that party just works better for our family.

Sounds like a near-perfect night to me (minus the early rain of course). Thanks for sharing your experience. :-)

We went down for Irma last year - this was our attitude.
DH thinks it was our best disney trip.
I went down 2 days earlier than planned last year so I'd be there when they closed the airport. That was really the best trip ever! I keep telling everybody I'm going to head back down as soon as I see another hurricane headed to Orlando! I'm scheduled for the exact same time this year and I'm planning to schedule again for the same time next year.

Buying the tickets is one thing. Using the tickets is another thing.

If the person buys over the phone, they can have the tickets mailed to them. The person can hand you the tickets, assuming they order early enough.

If the person orders online, the tickets automatically end up in the buyer's My Disney Experience account. For example, I bought a ticket. It ended up in my MDE account. I could then easily assign it to someone else who is in my MDE account. But if I wanted to assign it to someone who is not in my MDE account, I don't know how to do it. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that I can't tell you what to do. If this is your situation, make sure you know what to do before the tickets are ordered. When you order online, you also can have the tickets sent to you.

Shipping fee:
U.S. Domestic Standard (U.S.P.S.) shipping: $0
U.S. Domestic Express (UPS): $15
International Express (UPS): $25

Correct...BUT the Military MNSSHP tickets can NOT be bought online or over the phone. They must be purchased in person. When we arrive we will go buy these tickets with our son.

Yeah, we noticed the crowds were pretty low even before it hit from all the people who canceled their trips or rescheduled I guess. We were a little jealous of those staying through the hurricane, since we knew the parks would be dead after it! We left on our originally scheduled departure flights, which were the evening before they shut down MCO. It was a bit tense in there that evening!

We went down for Irma last year - this was our attitude.
DH thinks it was our best disney trip.

We were down during Matthew and were "stranded" at the Poly. Best.Trip.Ever! We even got an extended stay! Then last year I was down at a conference the week of Labor Day and my family was supposed to fly down the day they closed the airport for Irma. I ended up cancelling the trip for my family, and flew home early. I went to EPCOT the day before they closed down the airport and the place was dead! It was crazy! My flight was pretty close to when they closed down the airport. Will this year be hurricane #3 for me? I hope not . . . but as long as I can get down there on schedule, I will be happy! We'll take the rest of it as it comes.

I’d watch reports on Moana - you may need to line up earlier than 5:15 if you want to be done around 6.

Tuesday August 28th party. Supposed to be third smallest crowds according to touring plans. Family well in front of us were in line at 455 and they finished at 635. We got in line at 610 and were done at 750.

Where are you seeing a very wet forecast for 9/3? Googling the weather is showing just a chance of thunderstorms mostly. Of course I read the link that @Rich M posted, but that just mentioned a chance for something to develop. Give me your sources! I need to stay up all night reading about what weather may or may not come! :rolleyes:

I just see the normal thunderstorm activity that is normal during September.

Translation: The POTENTIAL thing is barely off the coast of Africa in 5 days per the models. :D

I never said it was a hurricane? I actually know that a hurricane isn't going to reach Florida that quickly when it is barely off the coast of Africa. Jeesh :cool::cool:

What I said was it COULD be very rainy. I personally wouldn't want to spend the extra cash to have some rides closed, wear a poncho and have soaking wet feet all night. My niece was at the party on Tuesday night and she felt the rain did put a damper on the night.

Ch 6 Orlando news this morning -

"By Sunday and into your Labor Day, some computer models are hinting at the possibility of a weak tropical wave tracking near Florida," Campos said. "The timing of higher rain chances will be difficult to pinpoint due to some model inconsistencies, so the forecast will continue to remain at 50-60 percent, for now. We will continue to watch each model run and bring you the latest."

I agree that a new thread should be created if dissers want to discuss the weather. I just was making a comment and didn't realize it would turn into something else.

Last edited:
Tuesday August 28th party. Supposed to be third smallest crowds according to touring plans. Family well in front of us were in line at 455 and they finished at 635. We got in line at 610 and were done at 750.
We skipped Moana because after Jack and Sallie she was still 75 minutes. I think the big thing there is her line was covered. So people who may not have waited went ahead and did because of the rain. Maybe. seems like a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter