"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it “snow” on Main Street at different times throughout the night? This is our first party. The parade is a priority but I’m consudering catching it in Frontierland instead of Main Street.

Does it “snow” on Main Street at different times throughout the night? This is our first party. The parade is a priority but I’m consudering catching it in Frontierland instead of Main Street.
Yes it went on most of the night. I was getting castle pics by the partners statue after the fireworks and it was blowing that way

Hello All, We went to MVMCP on 11/25/18 which was the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The only thing I have to compare it to is the MNSSHP last year which was my first party. I have to say, I enjoyed the Halloween one more. This party was crazy crowded. Seemed like a regular park day and the lines to rides were at least 15-20 minutes where at the Halloween one, the same rides were almost walk on. Some like Big Thunder Mountain were walk on early in the evening. The decorations were nice but everything unique about the party had huge lines. The treat lines so to a no wait later in the night especially in Future Land. I hope others have better experiences. For me though, it's a one and done unless they scale back the tickets sales quite a bit.

I was behind the rope on the ground slightly left of the tree but bc main street is so wide I had a clear center view of the castle...there were people sitting on the curb in front of the tree. I stood to watch the parade, there was no one standing behind me that it would have blocked. The two gals next to me sat with their kids, the three adults next to them stood as there was only one couple behind them and they could see through the spaces. No ones view was blocked bc there were hardly any people there...

That's not bad at all. Pretty good actually. Thanks for the help!

IMG_1136.JPG
This whole area was roped off for Tonys party...virtually empty except for about 10 people during the parade. If you are looking towards the castle we are to the left of the tree and sat on the ground.
IMG_1137.JPG
This was to the right of me...in front of the tree on the curb. There were maybe 40 people in the front section the whole night....

So I just checked my date of 12/16 and it appears that the Tony's party is sold out. I wonder what the capacity is. I don't need the view looking down Main Street, just a curbside view that I don't have to wait long for.

I was wondering if you felt the need to stay for all of the Tomorrowland Stage show with Stitch, Mike, etc. I was thinking maybe after a few minutes you get the gist and you're good. That would free up some time to see the parade twice.

Later in the evening there is a good bit of space between things but around 7:30 it's tight.
Oh, of course you will get the gist of the events by just listening to a few songs!

Interesting review. Kinda miffed finding out that Tony party people camp out in THE good spot before fireworks though. How early would you guess for the dead centre spot front row? Wouldn't want to dish out money for it and end up being too late. Decisions decisions lol.
Guilty. Me and several people came out before fireworks. At first I just stood right under the tree as the was a multi-generational family with 2 small children there.....then others stayed coming out who had Tony's wrist bands. At that point I sat on the curb. The area was roped off strangely. It didnt follow the curb exactly. There were several spots of the curb that were actually outside the roped off area. I asked a cm and she said to make sure our bodies were BEHIND the rope but our feet could extend beyond it as long as they were not in the street. We went to that area a few minutes before fireworks. I thought the viewing for the fireworks was decent given the fact that there wasn't much in the line of castle projections.

Second person in the front of the tree? Do people on front row stand in the reserved area in front of the tree? If not second row would be fine for me. One other person I asked said they stand which is a shame.
We were right under the tree......those of us in the front row sat.

View attachment 368378
This whole area was roped off for Tonys party...virtually empty except for about 10 people during the parade. If you are looking towards the castle we are to the left of the tree and sat on the ground.
View attachment 368379
This was to the right of me...in front of the tree on the curb. There were maybe 40 people in the front section the whole night....
We were at that party! The guy in the green shirt is my hubby and I was sitting right in front of him.

So I just checked my date of 12/16 and it appears that the Tony's party is sold out. I wonder what the capacity is. I don't need the view looking down Main Street, just a curbside view that I don't have to wait long for.
Our party was this past Sunday on 12/3. There were 245 people at the Tony's party......I asked a cm at the Tony's check in and she said she thought the max was "maybe around 350" but she didn't sound very confident in her answer so take that for what it's worth!

Try again for Tony's Merriest......sometimes there are glitches in MDE.

Oh, of course you will get the gist of the events by just listening to a few songs!

Guilty. Me and several people came out before fireworks. At first I just stood right under the tree as the was a multi-generational family with 2 small children there.....then others stayed coming out who had Tony's wrist bands. At that point I sat on the curb. The area was roped off strangely. It didnt follow the curb exactly. There were several spots of the curb that were actually outside the roped off area. I asked a cm and she said to make sure our bodies were BEHIND the rope but our feet could extend beyond it as long as they were not in the street. We went to that area a few minutes before fireworks. I thought the viewing for the fireworks was decent given the fact that there wasn't much in the line of castle projections.

We were at that party! The guy in the green shirt is my hubby and I was sitting right in front of him.

This is suuuper helpful. I was thinking I would need to rock up like an hour before or something but a few minutes before the fireworks doesn't sound too bad. Strange that the rope didn't properly cover the area though. You were dead centre right?

When I was watching a stream or vlog whatever it was the other day they went in to Tonys and there was a sign saying "capacity: 300 seats" there. Don't know if this has already been brought up here apologies if it has. They probably sell more than the seating capacity allows though.

This is suuuper helpful. I was thinking I would need to rock up like an hour before or something but a few minutes before the fireworks doesn't sound too bad. Strange that the rope didn't properly cover the area though. You were dead centre right?
Yes, we were just about dead center....maybe a tad to the right of center if you are looking at the castle. The tree itself is high enough that you can stand directly underneath it.....the rope didnt follow the curb exactly which was weird. Maybe it's the way they set it up for our party this past Sunday night? There was a good 2 feet dead center that was outside of the roped area. I was sitting with several ladies and we all wanted to make sure someone couldnt come up last minute and sit there because technically it was not in the reserved viewing area.
20181204_193636.jpg

When I was watching a stream or vlog whatever it was the other day they went in to Tonys and there was a sign saying "capacity: 300 seats" there. Don't know if this has already been brought up here apologies if it has. They probably sell more than the seating capacity allows though.
I did not notice this sign but I'm thinking if they went above capacity and there was an issue (like a fire or something) there would be some serious problems for Disney.

300 people at $100 a pop=$30,000 per Tony's party... crazy

We attended our first MVMCP on Sun 11/25 for a sold out party. I went in really, really, really wanting to love the party but in the end, we decided there wasn't much value for us and we would not do it again. We felt the crowds were just too much to justify the cost of the party and wished we would have spent the money on DAH another night instead.

We grabbed a spot for the parade at 8:00 right in front of Diamond Horseshoe on the curb. It was a great spot and we had a great view, but even after reading about it here I was pretty taken aback by how much people were pushing and shoving us to get a view of the parade. DD was in her stroller and we were standing next to her and I was slowly getting pushed until I was actually leaning over her stroller and had to start pushing back to stand up straight! One adult actually stepped over the stroller to be in front of us, but everybody pretty much booed her away instantly. Then somebody else shoved their kids up though the crowd to sit at the foot of the stroller, but that I didn't mind as much. Although, at one point DD accidentally kicked the little girl and she turned around and gave me a look I did not appreciate. lol

We also got a great spot for Holiday wished only a few minutes before they started! We walked right up to the area in front of the plaza garden viewing and there was plenty of space at 9:55. I was kind of shocked! We had considered paying for the dessert party but I'm so glad I didn't because the spot we got was amazing. The show was great, but I still like HEA more.

We missed out on the character M&Gs and photos because the lines were insane every time we checked (could have been bad timing). The cookie lines were long but fast, so we hit up a few of those. The ride lines were not any shorter than the other two days we spent in MK that week, except for maybe 7DMT which we waited 45 minutes for. Overall, it just felt so crowded that we just didn't really enjoy the night. We'll be back in Sept next year and I'm debating giving MNSSHP a try.

We attended our first MVMCP on Sun 11/25 for a sold out party. I went in really, really, really wanting to love the party but in the end, we decided there wasn't much value for us and we would not do it again. We felt the crowds were just too much to justify the cost of the party and wished we would have spent the money on DAH another night instead.

We grabbed a spot for the parade at 8:00 right in front of Diamond Horseshoe on the curb. It was a great spot and we had a great view, but even after reading about it here I was pretty taken aback by how much people were pushing and shoving us to get a view of the parade. DD was in her stroller and we were standing next to her and I was slowly getting pushed until I was actually leaning over her stroller and had to start pushing back to stand up straight! One adult actually stepped over the stroller to be in front of us, but everybody pretty much booed her away instantly. Then somebody else shoved their kids up though the crowd to sit at the foot of the stroller, but that I didn't mind as much. Although, at one point DD accidentally kicked the little girl and she turned around and gave me a look I did not appreciate. lol

We also got a great spot for Holiday wished only a few minutes before they started! We walked right up to the area in front of the plaza garden viewing and there was plenty of space at 9:55. I was kind of shocked! We had considered paying for the dessert party but I'm so glad I didn't because the spot we got was amazing. The show was great, but I still like HEA more.

We missed out on the character M&Gs and photos because the lines were insane every time we checked (could have been bad timing). The cookie lines were long but fast, so we hit up a few of those. The ride lines were not any shorter than the other two days we spent in MK that week, except for maybe 7DMT which we waited 45 minutes for. Overall, it just felt so crowded that we just didn't really enjoy the night. We'll be back in Sept next year and I'm debating giving MNSSHP a try.

My family and I were at that party as well and had all the same takeaways you did. Way to crowded and the lines for all the party exclusive stuff was just way to long to do any of them. That was our first and last one unfortunately. I may try another Halloween party though in the future.

Awesome! Did you think there was hardly anyone in the reserved area??

My family and I were at that party as well and had all the same takeaways you did. Way to crowded and the lines for all the party exclusive stuff was just way to long to do any of them. That was our first and last one unfortunately. I may try another Halloween party though in the future.

We will probably try MNSSHP, but definitely not on a Friday or Sunday!

Based on the feedback from the 11/25 party, I'm very glad I went to Universal that day and did MVMCP on Tuesday 11/27 instead. I think a lot of people extended their Thanksgiving vacations through Monday, plus the party being on a weekend probably made it worse as well. I noticed a huge difference in same day fastpass availability from Saturday 11/24 to Wednesday 11/27 when the Thanksgiving crowds were finally gone! (On Wednesday I was able to consistently get fast passes for big MK rides like the mountains until they stopped distributing at 9pm.) Most of the guides I read said Tuesdays are usually good party days, and with my experience I definitely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter