"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on reading the posts on here I know I am in the minority. Now we aren't going with kids so I know that makes a huge difference.

But are we the only ones that don't need to see a schedule before we go? We'll show up at 4 then decide what to do. For the parade, the fireworks and the shows we'll just find a spot about 10 minutes before each.
We will sit/stand in the back of the shows, stand off to the side, etc. And for the parade t
here is always a place that doesn't have a lot of people, especially over in Frontierland. It's nice not having a plan. There is no way we are going stake out a place and sit while the party is going on.

Now we can't be the only people doing this right?

Just my husband and I - we don't make plans either!

Based on reading the posts on here I know I am in the minority. Now we aren't going with kids so I know that makes a huge difference.

But are we the only ones that don't need to see a schedule before we go? We'll show up at 4 then decide what to do. For the parade, the fireworks and the shows we'll just find a spot about 10 minutes before each.
We will sit/stand in the back of the shows, stand off to the side, etc. And for the parade t
here is always a place that doesn't have a lot of people, especially over in Frontierland. It's nice not having a plan. There is no way we are going stake out a place and sit while the party is going on.

Have fun!

I assume there are probably lots of people who don't plan in depth ahead of time, the reason I am is just wanting my honeymoon to be perfect, haha.

Have fun!

This is my first party at any MK event as well as my adult daughter's. The MK is our chill zone usually. We meander about and hit up rides as we feel like it, and this night will be no different. I want to make the event special and not just another night in the MK though: fireworks and parade are on my list as is a M&G with one or two characters. I had thought I'd wing it also, but will do my best to have a good feel for the event map ahead of time as well as where certain must get items are located. Also knowing that the most popular items, such as watching the fireworks from the hub, or the parade on Main Street will require some advance timing if I choose to go that route. For me it will all come down to the weather. Cold and rainy means lots and lots of indoor activities.

Dying for the first map to be posted!

I love having a solid plan laid out with all the things I want to accomplish during a party. It helps me justify the cost of attending the party if I can maximize my time and do unique things that I couldn't do on a normal day in MK. I can honestly say I have never been able to wing a day at WDW. I always need some sort of a plan. I guess it is just the way I tour.

Now, after saying all of that, I am not opposed to scrapping a plan I previously made and starting over, sometimes even day of. But I will make a new plan :)

^^^ This! True Story (for me too).

This is my first party at any MK event as well as my adult daughter's. The MK is our chill zone usually. We meander about and hit up rides as we feel like it, and this night will be no different. I want to make the event special and not just another night in the MK though: fireworks and parade are on my list as is a M&G with one or two characters. I had thought I'd wing it also, but will do my best to have a good feel for the event map ahead of time as well as where certain must get items are located. Also knowing that the most popular items, such as watching the fireworks from the hub, or the parade on Main Street will require some advance timing if I choose to go that route. For me it will all come down to the weather. Cold and rainy means lots and lots of indoor activities.

Dying for the first map to be posted!

Just keeping your hopes low! Ha! Party Maps are being released/posted later & later each year. To week before, to week of, to day before (last year if recall correctly). MNSSHP was day of this year.

I do understand. 22D Out & only SoTMKC and old info from last year. :sad2: Hopefully MVMCP will be earlier than MNSSHP. This is our 1st time going in November. I need details.

I am looking at doing the party on Thursday Dec. 6. Two adults. We have never been, but would not be devastate if it didn't happen. Our plan is mostly for rides and treats with some viewing of shows/parade as we catch them.
I really don't want to purchase the tickets until that week so I can have a better idea of the weather. Coming from the north, a chilly evening is fine, but a high chance of rain and I'd rather risk waiting until the day before or even the day of.

What are the odds of that party selling out far in advance?

I am looking at doing the party on Thursday Dec. 6. Two adults. We have never been, but would not be devastate if it didn't happen. Our plan is mostly for rides and treats with some viewing of shows/parade as we catch them.
I really don't want to purchase the tickets until that week so I can have a better idea of the weather. Coming from the north, a chilly evening is fine, but a high chance of rain and I'd rather risk waiting until the day before or even the day of.

What are the odds of that party selling out far in advance?
The last party they had on the 6th was sold out. Don't do what I did and wait until the morning of to buy. No amount of whining will get you in the gate, I tried, (LOL, no I didn't ... but I wanted to, it was my b-day.) I'd buy no later than two weeks ahead.

Depending on crowds, I’d arrive no less than 30 minutes prior to the start of the fireworks, maybe 45. Then we enjoy a few more rides and watch the parade near the flagpole, arriving around 11/11:15 (again, depending on crowds).
Newbie party question. But how do you manage to get to the flagpole after the parade as started? Do you have to move through/behind the crowd of people lining Main Street or is there a "back route" to take to get there without wading through the crowds?

I'm also curious about this "garden" near Casey's that everyone is talking about. I think I see it on the map but I'm not too sure. How do you claim a spot without CM herding you away before the fireworks? We've only been to MK fireworks once before about four or five years ago and I recall us having trouble finding a spot. Claiming a spot only to be told my CM we had to move as it was a walking path only/no stopping area. We moved several times until ending up in a mass of people near the top end of Main Street. There was lots of jostling and people bumping into you nudging and then lots of parents putting their kids on their shoulders and people holding up their cameras/phones after the fireworks started. Kids on shoulders being the bigger view obstruction problem.

We have a health issue in our party this time and we're really going to need a slightly less crowded area to be (preferably with curb seating near by we can claim for the parade). We'd prefer not to have to be staked out in the hub and main street the entire night to have a decent spot for those shows. But I'm starting to feel like that might be what we have to do ...

This flag pole talk and Casey's garden seem like possible options, though. As do Frontierland for the parade and behind the castle for the fireworks, though I'm afraid will be disappointed with not seeing the castle projections and "snow" if we go that route.

@Zombie, The MK has gotten much better in the last 5 years for marking off walking paths with masking tape (they must have stock in 3M the way they use it) Don't fret about stopping in a walkway and being barked at we've all done it at one point or another :o.

The parade is far more accessible in the Frontier land area than the hub or on Main Street. I'm thinking of trying for the area near the Christmas shop and sleepy hollow for a change. There may be no snow there, but it will smell nice at least!

I don't have much advice on the fireworks other than try to get near a railing so there's fewer folk in front of you. It's no longer the phones in the air that bother me, it's the giant iPads. YUP, we all want to focus on your iPad... sigh.

Last edited:

Have fun!
I'd hazard a guess that you are in the majority of people that attend the party but a minority of people that hang around here.

For me knowing is half the battle. I made good use of the Not So Scary party threads before I went. Not that planned out every min of my time but so that I knew what I did want to see, which snacks I was interested in, what shows and what time the were. Using that I was able to free form the actual party and not miss anything I really cared about.

I'd hazard a guess that you are in the majority of people that attend the party but a minority of people that hang around here.

Actually judging by observing people at the parties I'd say the majority do have it planned out if they are wanting to do very party specific things like the parades, shows, fireworks, and especially character meet n greets since you definitely need to be strategic with timing when trying to do it all.
Like I had said in a PP I'm mostly there for rides, treats, and atmosphere but I think most people are there for the parade, shows, fireworks, and character meet n greets.

Hi all! Its been a few years since I've been to WDW (been cruising and hit up Disney Land once) and we are going to be in town for the Food and Wine Fest Nov 6, 7, 8 and then I realized that the 8th is the first night of the Very Merry Christmas party.

As everyone has a budget, I was trying to buy single day tickets vs park hopper tickets. Let me know if I understand this correctly if Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is a "hard ticket" event, that means I can be in Epoct in the morning, buy a ticket to MVMC without having to purchase a park hopper? Essentially I could go to none of the parks on Nov 8th and as long as i buy tickets to MVMC I would be let in around 4 pm?

Have fun!

We are also not vacationing with kids, and this will be our second Disney trip as empty nesters. We plan on taking everything nice and slow, including the Christmas party (which is our first party ever).I am curious to see a map, but also do not plan to stake out a spot for the parade long in advance.
We spent too many Disney trips with kids, running here and there. This is our time to stop and smell the roses ;-)

Hi all! Its been a few years since I've been to WDW (been cruising and hit up Disney Land once) and we are going to be in town for the Food and Wine Fest Nov 6, 7, 8 and then I realized that the 8th is the first night of the Very Merry Christmas party.

As everyone has a budget, I was trying to buy single day tickets vs park hopper tickets. Let me know if I understand this correctly if Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is a "hard ticket" event, that means I can be in Epoct in the morning, buy a ticket to MVMC without having to purchase a park hopper? Essentially I could go to none of the parks on Nov 8th and as long as i buy tickets to MVMC I would be let in around 4 pm?

Yes, MVMCP is a Special Ticketed Event. Only MVMCP ticket required to enter MK for party. Guests can enter starting at 4pm.

Hello fellow DIS-ers;

I am looking to get the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Christmas party card (this year it's the Tiki Birds).
Every guest who attends the party is entitled to get one at the Fire Hall.
If you are able to help, please private message me with your address and I will send you a SASE with which to mail the card.

It will cost you nothing and probably take no more than a couple of minutes out of your day. If the envelope gets to you before you attend the party, you can take it with you and drop the card into the Main St. mail box....easy.

I was able to get assistance from some very helpful guests who attended the Halloween party this year with getting the Orange Bird card and I hope I have similar luck here on the Christmas party board.

Many thanks

Michael

bump

According to the Disney website, I just bought my tickets for Nov 27th, they are allowing you into the party starting at 2pm now. So a lot of extra time if you don't plan on using a park day ticket!
Great perk I guess for those that have longer stays and want to save some money!!! Enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter