"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s just it, I believe the popularity is due to the reviews of the early parties that were not well attended and are not going to be representative of a nearly sold out party. Time will tell if the popularity remains strong. And yes, Disney is very very smart.
Excellent point! People are loving the initial reviews. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My MVMCP is like 5th to last so I will be eager to read all the new reviews!

This is great, thank you! Do you think that a Sunday or a Thursday would be less crowded for the Xmas party? I was afraid that 2 nights in a row would ruin it for me and it looks like that might be the case.

I have less experience with MVMCP so I don't feel totally confident on commenting on crowds, hopefully others can comment.

Don't get me wrong - I love me some MK - but the more we go the more I like a little separation over a multi-day trip just to keep things fresh.

Yea, I wonder if Scrooge ought to be hosting this party instead of Tony?

200.gif

I will be very curious to see how busy the next few ones are. I totally agree that the great reviews of the first few parties that weren't sold out helped sell more tickets. I really hope that even sold out won't be packed, but I fear it will be pretty busy... which makes it hard for me to justify spending 99/person.

Wow! I have to say, when I saw Most Merriest released I could not imagine it would be as popular as it has!

Disney is so smart. Filling the MK TS with the worst reputation and probably making more money than it would if Tony's actually booked solid during MVMCP as a regular TS ADR.
I won't call it smart as much as Disney parks marketing department is inventive in creating new ways to pull money out of wallets.
Creating a demand for something that was never an issue before is akin to how they market most of their live action shows. They make folk believe they have to do it or they'll be missing out.

Now as I said before, I can fully understand the need to have a place to retire to for a bit whether it is to just get out of the cold/heat, have some relative silence, or if you just want to try it. By all means, I won't tell you how to enjoy your trip. I do odd things that some would consider wasteful, like painting on my balcony when I should be in the parks enjoying my AP, or should I say, attempting to paint, LOL.

Yes, Disney's marketing seems to have a giant hat full of ideas they pull from, some work, some don't. We all recall those tents in tomorrowland. Too soon?

As for this Tony's party. I'm one who's on the edge of trying it out. I cannot stand the cold, it immobilizes me and my bones will still be cold the next day. Spending another $200 just to get away from it for a bit as the chill really sets in is tempting.

I actually booked it earlier this week. I can cancel if I need to. I am travelling with my mother who has never seen Disney at Christmas. At the very least it will give her a space to take a break. I will report back but it isn't for a few weeks. It is pricey but we will have some food and wine. We did a fireworks dessert party many years ago before the price doubled and really enjoyed it. This looks interesting and I will be able to take some nice pictures.

I will be very curious to see how busy the next few ones are. I totally agree that the great reviews of the first few parties that weren't sold out helped sell more tickets. I really hope that even sold out won't be packed, but I fear it will be pretty busy... which makes it hard for me to justify spending 99/person.

I feel bad for all the people who saw the amazing pictures of that parade view and who booked thinking they are going to be getting that same view. There is only so much space that will give you that view so I imagine if you want that view, you will be camping out in the reserved space well in advance for that view. Not that the rest of the space will be terrible, but it seems that a lot of people paid $99 per person just for that parade view.

Really? Which date are you going? I just checked and there was availability for 14 for every date. Could have been a glitch.
Whoa - you were busy checking every date for the party. We are going December 16- it may have been a glitch. If so, i am glad because i KNOW from experience that a guaranteed parade viewing area is worth the $$$$ especially for 11 people.

I am curious what the sold out number is for Tony’s most merriest. I’m hoping it’s not such a large number that it makes that area super crowded.

Minimum of 130. OP posted they saw list of guests for Tony’s when checking in last week.

I feel bad for all the people who saw the amazing pictures of that parade view and who booked thinking they are going to be getting that same view. There is only so much space that will give you that view so I imagine if you want that view, you will be camping out in the reserved space well in advance for that view. Not that the rest of the space will be terrible, but it seems that a lot of people paid $99 per person just for that parade view.

True! When parade viewing was included back in 2016 it was roped off all the way around to the side facing TST. So if you arrived late the PP on that side didn’t get the front view coming down Main St. Also, everyone facing the Castle didn’t/doesn’t sit down in that area which upset some PP. As popularity grows, I see this happening, then not worth money (just for parade) b/c have to hold spot if Castle view is what you want.

i have bought tickets for reserved parade viewing before. there was plenty of room for everyone who had a lanyard. we got lanyards for villain soiree and dessert party. cast members did not do a good job of asking people without lanyards to leave the roped off area. some families stood there for several minutes before being asked to leave. so i can understand their frustration-thinking they scored a prime viewing spot then being asked to leave. there was no way i was going to tell the people they could not stay. frustrations can run high in large crowds.

Wonder if next year they will have both parades for sale with Tonys?

That would be brilliant. Even if they only changed to the first parade, that would still be much better as later in the evening you can take advantage of lower crowds for rides shows etc. If they added fireworks viewing aswell then it would be a no brainer buy for me even if they ramped the price up.

Whoa - you were busy checking every date for the party. We are going December 16- it may have been a glitch. If so, i am glad because i KNOW from experience that a guaranteed parade viewing area is worth the $$$$ especially for 11 people.
There aren't that many parties so it didn't take long. That's the date we are going and I keep going back and forth on whether to book or not. If it looks like it may sell out I might just book it. Just not sure my little one can stay up to the late parade. I don't care about the amazing view, just a reserved spot on the curb that I don't have to wait all night for.

I’m happy with any view I can walk up to 15 minutes before that isn’t five people deep. Add being in that area, nice snow coming down - I’m not worried about being disappointed. I’m sure it will be more crowded than the first night, but I highly doubt it will be completely packed. Not for the first year at least.

I think most people who purchase Tony’s aren’t expecting the completely empty viewing area- they just want something nice that you don’t have to spend over an hour holding a spot for. I’m booked for November 29th and am looking forward to it, I think it will make my night a little easier.

Just wanted to point that there is very little (MK view side) to no snow (Tony’s view side) coming down in that area. While there is some residual snow from over the bakery if the wind blows right, it is nothing like the spots all along main st.

What time does Pinnochio's close to prepare for the Christmas party? I remember it being before 7, just not sure exactly when.

I guess if you go to Disney and MVMCP a lot, then I guess Tony's would be good.
But for my family that goes every 10 years... I feel if I spent extra money for Tony's, I would want to stay there and get my money's worth with the food and drinks. In turn miss the other parts of the party.
Everyone has their own priorities ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter