"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't mind if people stand up, I am a short person who cannot stay sitting for long periods of time, so I make sure to grab my curb spot early, sometimes I can sit through the whole thing, sometimes I need to stand and stretch out, but I don know some people mind.
Another alternative is to stand behind trash cans

Fair enough. Have you had any experience with the Tony's party? I was wondering what time the cast start to tape off the reserved area and wether or not you can stay in the reserved area when they are taping it off if I got a tony's party band. I want that dead center spot you see.

From what I've seen, very few people stand when on curb spot so I should be okay. If I was to stand up if got a curb spot, would you look at me and think "wow how selfish"? Don't want to be that guy...you get me?
It really depends on who's around you. If I were to find a curb spot I'd sit, but I also have little kids who aren't going to be able to see in front of adults and who would be more likely to sit and not try to run off if I'm sitting with them. That being said there's been times where we've been in the 2nd or 3rd row of a parade only to have the people in front of us stand up and now our kids can't see so now we get to be "those people" who have to pick our kids up or put them on our shoulders. That being said if that happens we always try to make sure we're not blocking anyone behind us. I think as long as you're aware of the kind of people around you you should be fine.

It really depends on who's around you. If I were to find a curb spot I'd sit, but I also have little kids who aren't going to be able to see in front of adults and who would be more likely to sit and not try to run off if I'm sitting with them. That being said there's been times where we've been in the 2nd or 3rd row of a parade only to have the people in front of us stand up and now our kids can't see so now we get to be "those people" who have to pick our kids up or put them on our shoulders. That being said if that happens we always try to make sure we're not blocking anyone behind us. I think as long as you're aware of the kind of people around you you should be fine.

If anyone asks me to sit then I will. ( or at least kneel) or even offer to swap places as long as they sit. That should keep us both happy.

From what I've seen, very few people stand when on curb spot so I should be okay. If I was to stand up if got a curb spot, would you look at me and think "wow how selfish"? Don't want to be that guy...you get me?
I would not sit at curbside for the parade, but I would not be sitting when I get the spot. My knees will not allow me to sit that low. My daughter sits until it starts and then stands up. I see nothing wrong with it. I am 5'3 and need to be in the front to see. Of course, we watch the FOF parade in Frontierland so we don't wait for long, but if others don't want to be behind someone standing then they need to stake their spot. I have been known to let children stand in front of me when they come up behind me. There is nothing that says people have to sit and the view and interaction is much better when standing (IMO).

I always let kids stand in front of me when I'm front row. The worst is when you are behind a rope and they ask people to clear the streets and people just get right in front of you in the 1 inch between yourself and the rope and I'm canadian and I'm just too polite to say anything lol

I always let kids stand in front of me when I'm front row. The worst is when you are behind a rope and they ask people to clear the streets and people just get right in front of you in the 1 inch between yourself and the rope and I'm canadian and I'm just too polite to say anything lol

I would just stand my ground if people tried squeeze in front like that. Would not budge. Besides I think I knocked this thread a little off topic. Hope to see some more party reviews come in.

Fair enough. Have you had any experience with the Tony's party? I was wondering what time the cast start to tape off the reserved area and wether or not you can stay in the reserved area when they are taping it off if I got a tony's party band. I want that dead center spot you see.
They put up the ropes right after Wishes ends. If you have a party band you are able to stay

They put up the ropes right after Wishes ends. If you have a party band you are able to stay

Ok great. Idk if you saw it or not but did everyone leave once the ropes were being put up or did people manage to stay there (with bands) on that dead center spot? (Sorry for the really specific questioning but its helpful) :thanks:

Ok great. Idk if you saw it or not but did everyone leave once the ropes were being put up or did people manage to stay there (with bands) on that dead center spot? (Sorry for the really specific questioning but its helpful) :thanks:
I was there first night, without the Tony package and I watched Wishes from under the tree. CM came around before Wishes started letting people know that the area would be reserved for the package after the fireworks. Everyone basically left after Wishes, I don't think anyone with the package was there

I was there first night, without the Tony package and I watched Wishes from under the tree. CM came around before Wishes started letting people know that the area would be reserved for the package after the fireworks. Everyone basically left after Wishes, I don't think anyone with the package was there

Thats a good sign then. Its all or nothing for me with regards to that spot lol. Thank you.

So was has the weather been like on party nights? I've heard its been in the 80's but also "cool" some days, attempting to plan for mid December but it doesnt seem like sweater weather

Question....I land in Orlando at 425 on Thursday 12/20. I want to do this party, but am worried about two things: Do I do Thursday night and risk the timing of getting ME from the airport, getting to yacht club and making it by 7pm? Or do I throw caution to the wind and risk going Friday 12/21, the last day which will be the busiest?

Question....I land in Orlando at 425 on Thursday 12/20. I want to do this party, but am worried about two things: Do I do Thursday night and risk the timing of getting ME from the airport, getting to yacht club and making it by 7pm? Or do I throw caution to the wind and risk going Friday 12/21, the last day which will be the busiest?

You can actually enter at 4:00pm on a party night. I’d likely do 12/21 and enter earlier with a plan.

So, I wasn't really considering this, but you just made easy for me. These $100 parties within a $100 + parties are crazy.
Yup. I asked my daughter what she thought, and she said "Mom, for that price we can go to the Senses Spa (at the Grand Floridian) and get a 50 minute massage for two." I like how she thinks.
I didn't book either.

Last edited:
Yup. I asked my daughter (25) what she thought, and she said "Mom, for that price we can go to Senses and get a 50 minute massage for two." I like how she thinks.
I didn't book either.
I agree and now some people are saying the parties are so busy the view isn't as good as what was first reported.
I don't want to spend extra money to sit and wait for hours for a good picture and parade. But everyone has different priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter