Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

Brand new on these boards. I'm going to be running the Dark Side Half Marathon, which will be my first runDisney race. Really looking forward to it.
You will have a great time! Be sure to read some of the info in this thread as well as in the virtual race guide if you haven't already. I think those will definitely help you out in terms of what to expect.

I need to move somewhere warm. I'd love to be sitting outside doing work. Its currently 29 and snowing and I hate it.

IDK - look at this #DrunkWeather:

E06BFAEB-8DE8-44C6-AEFB-48580935D583.jpeg

It’s currently 83 degrees and sunshiney.

I kept my MagicBand in my race belt. I didn't want to deal with yet another band on my wrist during the race.

Yeah, Disney World is a very different animal on the when to arrive front. They always recommend being on the first bus so as to not have the stress if buses get delayed, lost, et all. Plus Dark Side had multiple character photo ops available before the race the last two years so there's at least something to do that isn't entirely stand around and wait.

I ordered a puck holder off Etsy that slides onto the side of my Apple Watch. I use my Apple Watch for my music and run tracking. It's not as accurate on tracking distance as my Garmins were, but it's close enough, especially for a race. That way I only wear the one thing.

Have they released Bib # and assigned corrals? I went to the Run Disney website just now and it only shows a time breakdown of what corral you should be in based on your submitted times. I should be in Corral A based on that; however, I know some people had some corral placement issues Marathon Weekend. I changed jobs since I registered and my old email address used for registration was the one linked. I changed it with RD, but I haven't received any correspondence from them since I registered so I'm sure they're still using the old email address.

Have they released Bib # and assigned corrals? I went to the Run Disney website just now and it only shows a time breakdown of what corral you should be in based on your submitted times. I should be in Corral A based on that; however, I know some people had some corral placement issues Marathon Weekend. I changed jobs since I registered and my old email address used for registration was the one linked. I changed it with RD, but I haven't received any correspondence from them since I registered so I'm sure they're still using the old email address.

Your bib number is on your waiver form which can be found on runDisney. Once you have your bib number you can compare it to the chart to know which corral you are in.

I haven't printed it yet, but will today. I'm hopeful it's on there because when I went to screen just before printing, it was not there. Thanks!

I haven't printed it yet, but will today. I'm hopeful it's on there because when I went to screen just before printing, it was not there. Thanks!

You can view the waiver without printing. The bib number is at the bottom.

You can view the waiver without printing. The bib number is at the bottom.

That's what I thought too, but it wasn't. A friend of mine that went with me this year to Marathon Weekend had the same problem on his waiver. He couldn't find out his corral placement until we arrived for packet pickup. He didn't really care, but the uber planner in me would go crazy if that was me. Now it is me. lol.

I'll print it when I get home and hopefully it's there. My proof of time was 1:37 which is well below the cutoff for Corral A, so I hope it's good to go. I ran the Half at Marathon Weekend significantly slower than that, but it was part of Dopey so it was intentionally slower. Same for my virtual marathon time, which was an easy trail run I did and never pushed the pace.

It was there when I printed it. Thanks for the feedback fo sho!

Now to decide on how early I want to get there. This is my first Star Wars race but I don't want to get up any earlier than I have to. I'm staying off property so I've got that to contend with. At least it shouldn't be freezing temps like Marathon Weekend if we get there early.

Any idea how much a cup of coffee costs at the start? I want to get a caffeine fix while waiting for the race to begin. I'm assuming you can't pay using your magic band...

Any idea how much a cup of coffee costs at the start? I want to get a caffeine fix while waiting for the race to begin. I'm assuming you can't pay using your magic band...

I don't know since I don't drink coffee, but have you tried Run Gum? It's got caffeine in it and doesn't taste half bad. Gives you a nice little jolt of energy before or during your run.

That looks like WI in the Spring. Except this Spring we are in a long extended Winter currently.
I feel like winter will never end! I was hoping for warmer weather for my last long runs this weekend, now I'm just hoping the wind isn't as awful as it has been.

Looking forward to some Florida weather!

Another one dealing with #fakespring ....more snow here in MA today...

Is there any good guide to 5k corals? I have our bib numbers all in the 435xx range by don’t know what the starting values are..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter