"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you do fast passes with the MNSSHP if you go before the official start 2 pm for DVC??
I am DVC and last year I was able to make the FP+ starting at 2pm but the day before the party, I got an email saying they would be canceled because I didn't have sufficient tickets. I called and they said that as long as my FP+ were for 4pm, then I would be fine. I was able to change them but there weren't many options the day before the party so I would suggest just making them starting at 3:30.

Yum Yums!

Look what Spirit Halloween just added!
Disney Villains inspired FunkO’s Cereal! This year’s fun parody cereals from Funko features Ursula and Oogie Boogie available now for pre-order from Spencer’s/Spirit Halloween.

EXPECTED TO SHIP ON OR BEFORE 9/11/19. Each box of collector’s cereal retails for $10.99.

Remember, if you see anything in BLUE it's a link! ;)

Last edited:
I am DVC and last year I was able to make the FP+ starting at 2pm but the day before the party, I got an email saying they would be canceled because I didn't have sufficient tickets. I called and they said that as long as my FP+ were for 4pm, then I would be fine. I was able to change them but there weren't many options the day before the party so I would suggest just making them starting at 3:30.
That's a new one I haven't heard before. They officially let you in at 2, they officially let you book FPs with only a party ticket, but they require them to be after 4? That makes no sense. I think that was a CM trying to explain the email when he/she didn't know. Kind of like how they have told me I have MB problems because Disney expects me to only have one MB. Never mind that they sell special ones and push them like crazy, and give you one with each resort stay.

I am so excited, we have never been to see the park decorations!!!

You will be an awe!!! So much to see and photos to take. The first time my husband took me for my birthday MANY moons ago, I cried! Being a Halloween baby I was overwhelmed and my emotions got the best of me, best day EVER! ::yes::

I'm not disputing what you were told but I think it has to do with the Dreaded Email fiasco that several endured in 2017 & 2018. Here's wishing that doesn't happen this year! pixiedust:

:listen: Have You Heard?

New Fairy Godmother MagicBand Exclusive From Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
The exclusive band is only available to guests enjoying the royal makeover treatment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations in Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom and the newly opened Grand Floridian. Guests visiting for a makeover can purchase this for $24.99 Annual Passholder discounts do not apply to the purchase of this MagicBand.

Starting today, all of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations will introduce the new Carriage package, which includes a specially-themed T-shirt. They will also begin offering four new stylish hairstyles with customizable options and an expanded assortment of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique-inspired products, including a spirit jersey available in adult and youth sizes, Minnie Ear headband!

For more info go here: LINK

Last edited:
This may have been asked and answered already but I am going to ask anyhow. This is our first time to WDW and MNSSHP and the new firework show looks amazing! Now I am considering a dessert party but I need all the details before I try to talk DH into paying even more. I get the basics from the OP and Disney's website but what is the difference between the Plaza Garden and Tomorrowland Terrace? Is it just location? Is the extra cost worth the view from Tomorrowland Terrace?

This may have been asked and answered already but I am going to ask anyhow. This is our first time to WDW and MNSSHP and the new firework show looks amazing! Now I am considering a dessert party but I need all the details before I try to talk DH into paying even more. I get the basics from the OP and Disney's website but what is the difference between the Plaza Garden and Tomorrowland Terrace? Is it just location? Is the extra cost worth the view from Tomorrowland Terrace?

With the Plaza Garden, you eat desserts in the Tomorrowland Terrace and then migrate over to the Plaza Garden East (fake grassy area in the Hub) at your leisure to watch the show. People will generally sit on the ground and/or stand. Check-in time is 1.5 hours pre-fireworks - you can choose to get there then or time it more to your liking (I think 1.5 hours is crazy early, but that’s just me).

With the Tomorrowland Terrace party, you eat desserts and sit/watch from the Tomorrowland Terrace (at your own table with chairs). There is a materially smaller guest count at this version. Check-in for this party is 1 hour pre-show.

This is subjective, but I much prefer the Plaza Garden viewing as you have a better view of the castle and it’s a more direct/head-on view. The Tomorrowland Terrace is off to the side and the actual view of the castle is inferior (you are further away and there are some trees in the way from some parts of the Terrace). If there will be 180 degree fireworks with the new show, the view is arguably better when you’re in the Hub/Plaza Garden vs the Terrace, in my opinion.

The higher cost of the Tomorrowland Terrace version is more of a function of 1) some people just prefer to sit in a real chair, and 2) they need to sell a lot more spots for the Plaza Garden version - so the price point is lower.

This thread is about HEA, but the first few posts will give you a general idea of things: https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-happily-ever-after-dessert-party-parties-discussion.3604693/

Sorry, long winded, but hope it helps!

This is perfect!! Your description of the location makes perfect sense to me. Now to work on my husband.

Also, waiting 1.5 hours before something you have a somewhat reserved spot for and losing that time at the party!?! Crazy.

Yeah, in years past I have made the case that a dessert party at MNSSHP is really not all that worth it, unless you just want to splurge and aren’t interested in other party things. Walking up to the Hub to find a spot has been “easy enough” without a crazy amount of effort, generally speaking. (Although I have booked them the past two years, so I’m two faced in my advice).

Really not sure what to make of this new projection heavy show and if it’ll increase the “worth it” factor to a larger number of people. There is some strategery involved with the timing - when you want to arrive, how much time you want to spend eating, when to head over to the garden, etc. There are really no bad spots in the garden, but I do have preferences - so my internal conflict with the dessert party is not wanting to arrive too early, but not so late I’m among the last in the garden.

I’m doing the plaza garden party during MNSSHP in a couple of weeks, so I’ll be able to report back in on my experience this year.

Does the annual passholder discount for tickets apply if you only buy in advance or can you get the discount if you buy at the park on the day of the party?

Well this is just messed up! No wonder those who attend later in September and October don't get to purchase Exclusive MNSSHP items! They're all posted too!
We still have no price point for any of the pins.

View attachment 423591

Don't understand why Disney doesn't put a smaller limit on purchases! >:(
WDW Complaints: George.kalogridis@disney.com
How do people have them already? Or are those preorders? That does annoy me to no end, we usually go late so if I want something that was limited it was sold out. That’s the only good thing about going to the first one- I certainly hope they will have the AP and limited edition pins so I can get th for once!

Does the annual passholder discount for tickets apply if you only buy in advance or can you get the discount if you buy at the park on the day of the party?
Day of tickets are all full price, you don’t get the discounts. I don’t know if they ever make exceptions or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter