"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - this may have been discussed on a prior page but hoping to avoid having to scroll through 84 pages :)
Just booked for October - looking for advice on how the crowds are at the parties as we haven’t been to one yet. Do people get spots for fireworks way in advance? Like is it crazy crowds? Not sure if the dessert party would be worth it on a party night? Also the same question for the parade, is it hard to get a good viewing spot?

Hi all - this may have been discussed on a prior page but hoping to avoid having to scroll through 84 pages :)
Just booked for October - looking for advice on how the crowds are at the parties as we haven’t been to one yet. Do people get spots for fireworks way in advance? Like is it crazy crowds? Not sure if the dessert party would be worth it on a party night? Also the same question for the parade, is it hard to get a good viewing spot?

We've found the last few years that crowds are very heavy, much more than they used to be. That said, I wouldn't waste party time on a dessert buffet. They do camp out for spots for the fireworks, but there are 2 parades with the last one being the least crowded and easy to get a good spot.

I recommend reading this review. No nonsense, excellent photos and great tips!
Go here.

The past few years spots for Halloween/Xmas fireworks were way easier to come by than say HEA fireworks, and could get a great spot even last minute. With the new projections, I would think you will need to camp out at least 30min or probably more for a decent fireworks spot, but we shall see. We like camping in front of Caseys in the fake lawn. We spread out with to-go food and have a pseudo picnic while holding our spots, or something similar on the curb for our parade viewing spot if doing the first parade. MVMCP I say you for sure want a spot on Main St, for MNSSHP we like Frontierland/Liberty Square more (unless you are in front of the flag facing Castle in Town Square). It's all personal preference but we like the atmosphere there and it's typically less crowded place to grab a spot, especially for the 2nd parade...although last year more people seemed to be catching on to this lol. If you want a front row spot, you probably need to be there 45-60min before parade time for the 1st parade, and about 30-45min before parade time for the 2nd parade most nights. If you don't need to be in the front couple of rows, I say be there about 15 minutes or so before parade time and typically you'll be ok.

We've found the last few years that crowds are very heavy, much more than they used to be. That said, I wouldn't waste party time on a dessert buffet. They do camp out for spots for the fireworks, but there are 2 parades with the last one being the least crowded and easy to get a good spot.

This. Crowds are heavier than in years past, but definitely still better than a normal busy day at MK imo.

If interested in this sort of thing... A thread has been created for 2019 MNSSHP Guest List. Lets you see what other DIS'ers are going on each night of the 36 (yikes) parties, and what some of their costumes might be. You can post pictures of your costumes if you so desire and can add yourself to the roll call list. I must warn you, it's mediocre-ly run at best.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2019-mnsshp-guest-list-thread.3755952/

Last edited:
I think plenty of people have chimed in with successful attempts already with booking FP+ for the party, but I just made mine this morning for my 8/23 party and wanted to reinterate no issues. This is the only ticket linked to my account (we're mainly doing Universal this trip).

What I was surprised to see though, was that all 7DMT FP+ were gone already for the day (61+ days out). In the past I've never had problems getting it for any time I wanted in the 330-6p window. I saw it on website that shows FP+ availability last night that distribution was done for this day, but I just couldn't believe it. Guess I'll have to research the best way to ride it standby. Since its inception I have never ridden it standby so this will be a first for me lol. Guess my something new experience this go round, will be actually seeing the standby cue for the first time.

What I was surprised to see though, was that all 7DMT FP+ were gone already for the day (61+ days out). In the past I've never had problems getting it for any time I wanted in the 330-6p window. I saw it on website that shows FP+ availability last night that distribution was done for this day, but I just couldn't believe it.

There's another thread today talking about how someone who was trying to get SDD at DHS 60+7 days out and could only get afternoon. I think their date was 8/26.

We need more info, but seems to be a few early signs of potential SWGE madness creeping in around that time.

There's another thread today talking about how someone who was trying to get SDD at DHS 60+7 days out and could only get afternoon. I think their date was 8/26.

We need more info, but seems to be a few early signs of potential SWGE madness creeping in around that time.

Yeah even though we are squeezing it in before SWGE opens I know I'm not the only with the same idea. I'm already expecting bigger crowds than what I normally would expect that time of year. Should be interesting!

So we have decided to get tickets to the firework dessert party, garden view, for our first time at MNSSHP on Sept 24th. Have never been to either a dessert party or the Halloween party. What time do people go to the dessert party and then make their way to the firework viewing area? Can you bring food from the dessert party with you to the viewing spot, like make a plate and a little picnic? Will we have time after the fireworks to head to Frontierland to find a spot for the second parade? I'm thinking with doing the dessert party, we are committing ourselves to the second parade, no way to see the first one, right?

We honestly weren't going to go this year, we've been so many times and there really isn't anything new, but then they went and waived this Cruella's Halloween Haunt, (that includes booze), in my face, so we booked it. Going September 15th.

Woot! :welcome: back!!!

So we have decided to get tickets to the firework dessert party, garden view, for our first time at MNSSHP on Sept 24th. Have never been to either a dessert party or the Halloween party. What time do people go to the dessert party and then make their way to the firework viewing area? Can you bring food from the dessert party with you to the viewing spot, like make a plate and a little picnic? Will we have time after the fireworks to head to Frontierland to find a spot for the second parade? I'm thinking with doing the dessert party, we are committing ourselves to the second parade, no way to see the first one, right?

It's our first MNSSHP as well, and we're also doing the "Halloween Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing" - on 9/27

There are a bunch of review posts for various plaza garden fireworks dessert parties... I think this one has the best explanation:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/mk-happily-ever-after-dessert-party-parties-discussion.3604693/
Sounds like they let you go to the viewing area about an hour before the fireworks, but 30 minutes prior should be enough.
We're also planning on watching the second parade afterwards... I don't remember where I read it (maybe in the same thread), but I thought I recall someone saying we should have enough time to make it over to Frontierland after the fireworks dessert party to catch a good spot for the second parade. Although I'm not sure how easy it will be walking against the flow of people leaving the park.

Also a post of the viewing location:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ar-celebration.3665880/page-299#post-59623834
Good Luck!

Against my own advice, I’ve done the Plaza Garden dessert party the past two years.

My experience is that the dessert parties during MNSSHP have tended to be a rather casual affair. Low crowds, low maintenance, low stress. It’s different than a regular MK/HEA night where the dessert parties tend to be full and you want to think strategically about when to head to the garden.

You can check in 1.5 hours pre-show, which to me is crazy overkill. We much prefer to check-in 45’ish mins pre-show, grab a few desserts, then head to the garden to relax a bit before the show.

I have never personally witnsessed it, but there are reports from time to time of CMs offering to go boxes or plates - although YMMV.

MAJOR CAVEAT - with the new show this year and assumed addition of material projection elements, that has the potential to change the dessert party event dynamics. We’ll need to wait and see just what kind of premium the view has, if the dessert party becomes more popular, etc.

Against my own advice, I’ve done the Plaza Garden dessert party the past two years.

My experience is that the dessert parties during MNSSHP have tended to be a rather casual affair. Low crowds, low maintenance, low stress. It’s different than a regular MK/HEA night where the dessert parties tend to be full and you want to think strategically about when to head to the garden.

You can check in 1.5 hours pre-show, which to me is crazy overkill. We much prefer to check-in 45’ish mins pre-show, grab a few desserts, then head to the garden to relax a bit before the show.

I have never personally witnsessed it, but there are reports from time to time of CMs offering to go boxes or plates - although YMMV.

MAJOR CAVEAT - with the new show this year and assumed addition of material projection elements, that has the potential to change the dessert party event dynamics. We’ll need to wait and see just what kind of premium the view has, if the dessert party becomes more popular, etc.

Thanks so much for replying. So many unknowns this year with many new things including SWGA.

Really would not waste an 1.5 time going too early to the party, but like the idea of snagging a few treats and bringing them with us to our watching spot. I have seen other talk about bringing their own containers, thinking maybe even the cookie boxes that they sell at craft stores, store flat in bag until time to use them. Just thinking of options.

Call me crazy.... not only are me and my husband of 3 days (at the time) rope-dropping another park the next morning. We are rope-dropping SW:GE at 6am for the last EEMH.

Though; we’ll be back in bed by 10am probably.
Not crazy at all! We're rope drop to close people all day every day!

I couldn’t score one for any day on 4th of July trip either but, i will keep trying up to the end lol.

I read in here a few accounts that people were able to book fastpass on party days . I think they are maybe last few pages .
I think plenty of people have chimed in with successful attempts already with booking FP+ for the party, but I just made mine this morning for my 8/23 party and wanted to reinterate no issues. This is the only ticket linked to my account (we're mainly doing Universal this trip).

What I was surprised to see though, was that all 7DMT FP+ were gone already for the day (61+ days out). In the past I've never had problems getting it for any time I wanted in the 330-6p window. I saw it on website that shows FP+ availability last night that distribution was done for this day, but I just couldn't believe it. Guess I'll have to research the best way to ride it standby. Since its inception I have never ridden it standby so this will be a first for me lol. Guess my something new experience this go round, will be actually seeing the standby cue for the first time.

Just adding in my experience. We are going on 8/20, so I just booked FP at the end of last week. Now, we are only doing the party so I don't have the 60+ to rely on and I wasn't figuring I would get 7DMT, but I have gone in a few times to try and modify things, and there are hardly any options after 3:15 p.m. when I do so. I have three more people to add to my party who haven't bought their tickets yet, and I am worried about being able to add them in later given what I am seeing as hardly any availability right now. I'm wondering if they will drop more at some point. I'm a pretty wise FP booker with mutliple trips' experience and I haven't seen this little availability ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter