"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason we'll always return to WDW...

Snow White comforts boy with autism at Disney World
View attachment 433121

When it was their turn to meet Snow White, "My son was having a autism meltdown. He was crying and was overwhelmed and just having a hard time." LINK

This is why Tag Team is essential and not only will we continue to use it during our trips but I will continue to recommend it to others. No child, teen or adult should ever have to endure an emotional stressful roller coaster while waiting especially 2+ hrs. to see Jack & Sally or the Seven Dwarfs during MNSSHP. It's unconscionable for anyone to assume everyone is capable. :flower3:

Really touched by this! Disney World is a completely different level of magic!

Really touched by this! Disney World is a completely different level of magic!

Absolutely! In all the years we've been attending since my son was 5 years old, now 16 not once have my husband nor I felt compelled to inform any Cast Member our son has ADHD/ASD. It is present and mildly noticeable but so many CM's are aware and their training unparalleled.

Here's our Meet & Greet with Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear. We always have our son meet the character first, then we come in and pose for our family photo.
As we were leaving, Lots-o' wanted to play with our son!

Did you catch it? Lots-o' did. Hint, first group of photos.

I can't wait - we just bought tickets for Sept. 22! We just got back from a longer trip on 8/12 but had the itch to see SWGE and also this and found that the weekend our kids have a Monday off is the same weekend DD doesn't have any dance practices scheduled and DS doesn't have a football game that Sunday - we were so excited that we booked a weekend trip. Can't wait to tell the kids!!
We will be there the same night! It is our first full day and we are hoping for a smaller crowd at the party.

Taking a very last minute solo trip in about 10 days (dang AP burning a hole in my pocket) and wanting to give the Halloween party another try over last year’s disappointment. Reading the reports has been encouraging so far.

Very excited to try to Constance treat! Does anyone know when the snake eyes treat is set to debut?

Does anyone know when the snake eyes treat is set to debut?
Storybook Treats
Fantasyland’s Storybook Treats will begin offering a Party-exclusive treat in September. It’s called Snake Eyes, and it looks funky! This bright-green concoction is a mix of Sprite, lime soft serve, and green apple flavoring. It’s garnished with gummy worms and light-up dice (hello, souvenir!).
433171 LINK

No specific date that I've seen so far. Have a great trip, I'm soooo jealous! ::yes::

First time MNSSHP group here... question about the Gravediggers:

Do the GraveDiggers preform anywhere outside of the parade, and if so where/when can you see them?

Thanks!

Storybook Treats
Fantasyland’s Storybook Treats will begin offering a Party-exclusive treat in September. It’s called Snake Eyes, and it looks funky! This bright-green concoction is a mix of Sprite, lime soft serve, and green apple flavoring. It’s garnished with gummy worms and light-up dice (hello, souvenir!).
View attachment 433171 LINK

No specific date that I've seen so far. Have a great trip, I'm soooo jealous! ::yes::
Loved your pics and comments from the party. Thank you for all that you do! I’m hoping to bring home the souvenir dice to my Nightmare Before Christmas loving six year old. If it’s available on 9/17! Least I can do for going without him. Shhhhh ;)

Another reason we'll always return to WDW...

Snow White comforts boy with autism at Disney World
View attachment 433121

When it was their turn to meet Snow White, "My son was having a autism meltdown. He was crying and was overwhelmed and just having a hard time." LINK

This is why Tag Team is essential and not only will we continue to use it during our trips but I will continue to recommend it to others. No child, teen or adult should ever have to endure an emotional stressful roller coaster while waiting especially 2+ hrs. to see Jack & Sally or the Seven Dwarfs during MNSSHP. It's unconscionable for anyone to assume everyone is capable. :flower3:

Thank you @FoxC63 for posting this article and explaining things. I spent years fighting for my son's diagnosis. I'm an elementary school teacher and knew things were off and I've been fighting and advocating for him since he was 3 and it literally took until he was 7 because he is "high functioning"...and another year after that to get the school on board. (He is 9 now and doing so much better now that we have support, but the key here is that he needs support and accommodations, even if he doesn't "look like it".) I have really struggled with what to do with this party to meet, not only his needs, but the needs of our other two children. After reading party recaps and an article on not apologizing for our children's sin (which to me translated not apologizing for my son's diagnosis) I am made a decision that I know will benefit him and the rest of our family so that we can all enjoy the party together. I really hope that by sharing stories like ours people will be more understanding and accepting through education. Thank you for always being an advocate!

also interested in veteran opinions here- also very interested in the bucket but our party is also late Oct:

AliceandPete said:
Sorry to all who’s parties are being affected by the storm. I know it’s silly in the grand scheme of things, but I also know how excited people are for their trips and parties :grouphug:.

I popped in to ask a quick question. My son saw a picture of the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and decided he really wants one, Our party is October 29th. Is there any chance at all there will be any left by then ? Or are the popcorn buckets gone early in the season ?

Do not count on it being available in late October. We go 10/24 and have gone this week the last few years and the most popular merch is always sold out by then.

Great reviews / info... thanks GADisneyDad14!

Unfortunately, based on this information, I'm debating cancelling our upcoming party reservation for the 9/27 party (bold emphasis mine):
Plaza Garden Viewing dessert party delivered the great view as always, but in some ways I’m not so sure I really needed it. The Hub was crowded, but it wasn’t crazy crowded. Seemed like prior MNSSHPs to me just from the looks of things, although hard to really tell when in the garden since you can’t see everything.
Only real complaint of the night was the Plaza Garden desserts! I do those things more for the viewing than the food anyway, but they just all seemed blah and uninspired to me. Total sugar bombs.

I also recall seeing a couple other posts in this thread on being disappointed with the dessert/food/drink offerings at this fireworks party.
For the price, I'm expecting the desert/snacks/drinks to be enjoyable/desirable... if not, and if we can find a better viewing spot with less obstructed views with not too much effort (say 30 minutes prior to the fireworks), then I'm leaning towards cancelling the reservation.

I hoping they make some improvements on the dessert offerings (wishful thinking?) - and I'm keeping an eye out for some more plaza party reviews.

Great reviews / info... thanks GADisneyDad14!

Unfortunately, based on this information, I'm debating cancelling our upcoming party reservation for the 9/27 party (bold emphasis mine):

I also recall seeing a couple other posts in this thread on being disappointed with the dessert/food/drink offerings at this fireworks party.
For the price, I'm expecting the desert/snacks/drinks to be enjoyable/desirable... if not, and if we can find a better viewing spot with less obstructed views with not too much effort (say 30 minutes prior to the fireworks), then I'm leaning towards cancelling the reservation.

I hoping they make some improvements on the dessert offerings (wishful thinking?) - and I'm keeping an eye out for some more plaza party reviews.

Yeah, I'd keep an eye out for more reviews. These early party crowds have been really wobbly, it'll be interesting to see reports on Hub conditions as we get into the thick of party season and more popular (and non Hurricane-influenced) crowd times.

Always such a tough call with these things!

Has anyone gone to meet Ariel/Eric first thing during the party? Just wondering how long folks waited first thing, and what time I should get in line for the first set.

Do not count on it being available in late October. We go 10/24 and have gone this week the last few years and the most popular merch is always sold out by then.
This is disappointing. Seems like they could find a way to ensure there is some special merch available at every party. I know they don't want to get stuck with leftover stock, but they could save a small amount for the last parties at least.

if not, and if we can find a better viewing spot with less obstructed views with not too much effort (say 30 minutes prior to the fireworks), then I'm leaning towards cancelling the reservation.
We originally had the dessert party reserved for Labor Day but cancelled due to Dorian and moved our MNSSHP to last Friday 8/30. I wrote that my original plan was to watch the second parade, but we changed it to the first parade and watched near CBJ and as soon as the last float passed, we cut through the path to Adventureland, quick bathroom break and got to the HUB by the time the Incredibles floats were near the castle. That said.... I would almost think that if you got a spot in the HUB for the first parade, even if it wasn't front row, you would be in a much better position for the fireworks. As soon as the parade rounded near the castle people did flood the area, from both behind the parade (which I why I DONT recommend following the parade along the route, unless you were close to the last float) and from Adventureland. And my party wasn't super crowded because of Dorian.

If you watched the first parade from the HUB you could stay there for the fireworks and then watch the second parade again from a better location. It eats up some time, but that area does get crowded. If you did the dessert party, that would also eat up some time as well, just for comparison. When the parade finished everyone from Main St. started coming up as well.
The only thing I would also add is that once Jack came on stage people who couldn't see him kept trying to move and budge in for a better look. They do announce that they don't want people moving around in the low light once the show starts, but people don't listen. Aside from the hedges and things blocking some of the view, Jack himself is not that easy to see unless you are close enough or have an unobstructed view.

You could also ask a CM about the garden in front of Casey's. There was a private event in there the night we were there, but I don't think that's always the case and sometimes it's open. ???? I asked a CM right when the party started if that garden would be open and that's when she told me about the private event.

These early party crowds have been really wobbly, it'll be interesting to see reports on Hub conditions as we get into the thick of party season and more popular (and non Hurricane-influenced) crowd times.
I'm also wondering if the logistics of the new show are going to make it more crowded. When HEA debuted we were there and not everyone knew what to expect so the area in front of the castle wasn't as crowded. As word got out that you need to be front and center, it got to what it is today. I'm wondering if more word going out is also going to contribute to the HUB being super crowded. For example, we have family going down in October and one of the family members was asking about our experience with the party and she had no idea what the new show was like. She doesn't go on Disney message boards and only knew there was a new show, but not that you actually have to prepare somewhat to find a good place to view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter