"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of us who do not live near the WDW hope it does not return for smaller crowds.
I’m thinking if you have a week long trip in October, when there is potentially 5 parties in one week, it might be worth buying the pass, and cutting back on your regular tickets.

Thinking about the August 18th party... we might hold off for now and see what pops up in terms of After Hours events the week we are there.

Opening day for us. Hope it's worth it. It's the only party our week so it's that or no party.

Well, I'd promised myself that I would wait until closer to October to buy our tickets to the party. I don't want to get tickets if they offer the pass again, because I don't want to pay $115 a pop just to stand in heavy crowds all evening and not get to do anything.

But when I saw they went on sale, I got very excited and bought tickets anyway. Fingers crossed that they don't offer a pass this year. Disney really needs to start thinking about the crowd levels and guest experience with crowds at the pricey parties!

i read on here and another site that it is closing early 8/15 for a private event. I was hopeful it was a party because we leave 8/16 and that would have been a great way to end my trip.

I was wondering about 8/15 also. I have been looking and didn't see about a private event. Thanks!

So I'll be there over Halloween and have the choice of 3 parties - 10/29, 10/31 or 11/1. I would really love to be there ON Halloween...but is it really worth $100 extra for my family of 4 over the other 2 dates? On the other hand, what's $100 when already spending $500+ on tickets. Decisions, decisions...

We are going late Aug/early Sep to attend MNSSHP for the first time - Jack Skellington has been my 6 year old daughters favorite since she was 3. We are so excited. It looks like our two choices will be Friday 8/28 night or Tues 9/1. How much less crowded with Tues be? We have a rest day Sat the 29th so this is making me think that Friday night may be best but then again, if the crowds are significantly lighter, we will stick with Tuesday and just alter our HS plans the next day to arrive later than planned (we have another full day at HS so this would be okay)
Last year a good number of Tuesdays sold out and people said Tuesdays didn't feel lighter in terms of crowd. I'd just go with whatever works for your schedule.

So I'll be there over Halloween and have the choice of 3 parties - 10/29, 10/31 or 11/1. I would really love to be there ON Halloween...but is it really worth $100 extra for my family of 4 over the other 2 dates? On the other hand, what's $100 when already spending $500+ on tickets. Decisions, decisions...
One thing to consider is that character go out to visit at the resorts on Halloween so you might find that a more unique experience and do the party one of the other nites

One thing to consider is that character go out to visit at the resorts on Halloween so you might find that a more unique experience and do the party one of the other nites
Oh, good to know, thanks!. If there are unique resort experiences on Halloween that could definitely change things. Off to do some research....

giphy.gif

Anyone know historically how crowded Labor day party is?
Not looking to spend tons on a super crowded event when the reason for a Sept trip is good chance of lower crowds overall. Our only other date option is our final night the 11th which everyone will be tired early. So I guess if we go only date is arrival day, which was hopefully gonna be a non park day.

Is there any way to connect two tickets to your already made vacation reservation?

i.e. - I have my Beach Club and Ticket package booked. Can you add the two tickets your reservation amount (so you can pay it with the rest of the trip over time?)

Just booked Tuesday 25th August for my DS (7) and myself

One of the main reason we booked the holiday later this year to do this and also Epcot Food and Wine

Not sure who's more excited him or me... I think we'll be going as Jedi's as we both are going to build our lightsaber's at Savi's earlier in the trip

For those that follow the data/trends....

There will 36 total MNSSHPs this year, which matches last year's party count. For the first time in many years they have not added more party dates. A graphical view:
of-Events-Per-Year-Chart.png

(Brace yourself) And perhaps not surprisingly, ticket prices have increased rather substantially again - 7.8% year-over-year on a wtd avg ticket price basis. This is a substantial increase, no doubt. Note, this data and chart excludes 10/31 as that night is an outlier.
Avg-Ticket-Price-Per-Year.png

There are more pricing tiers than ever this year. For example, last year there were four pricing tiers ranging from $79 to $115. This year, there at 8 pricing tiers ranging from $85 to $125. Similar to prior years, party prices increase as party season rolls along. A graphical view:
2020-Party-Price-Per-Date.png

34 of the 36 parties offer AP/DVC discounts, same as last year. The AP/DVC discount remains the same at $5.

Always interesting to watch the year-over-year changes.

YAY! We have three parties during our stay and I can't decide on the night. I wish the DAH schedule would come out, too. I have been spending my cold MN winter weekends making our Nemo and Dory costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter