"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first party is listed as 8/13 - is the first party usually very busy? We rescheduled from April and are trying to fit a trip in before my husband starts his HS football season
8/13 is the only party we could attend, but don’t know if it will be super busy since it’s the first one

The first party is listed as 8/13 - is the first party usually very busy? We rescheduled from April and are trying to fit a trip in before my husband starts his HS football season
8/13 is the only party we could attend, but don’t know if it will be super busy since it’s the first one

IMO you will have all of the bloggers there for the first party. It may not make a difference though.

here is a photo from about 30 mins before the first parade at the first party. It was unbelievably crowded.Insane crowds for all food, hour waits for rides with overlays,30-40 minutes for those without. Hard to walk in places. I would avoid the first party if at all possible.

So, we have a trip planned beginning of September. I hope Disney World will be open by then, but even if it is, and even if they do go ahead with the parties, we probably won't be able to make it, as we are supposed to fly in from Australia, and I doubt that will even be possible (our government is telling people not to plan flying out in our summer, meaning Dec 2020- Jan 2021). I already purchased party tickets (before the closures). We will probably have to cancel Sep 2020 and re-book for next year, can we get a refund for the party? Who do we speak to?

Just bought Party tix for my family on 10/31. We are very excited but hoping it’s not crazy crowded since it will be our first Party ever. We’ve done After Hours events and enjoyed those. Would really like to experience the attractions with overlays but trick or treating, parade and fireworks are the top priorities. Is it realistic to think we can accomplish all of that during the party? Or would we have to sacrifice one or more of those since it’s actually Halloween that night and will probably sell out?
We went on Halloween and it was crowded but we managed to do all of the things you mentioned. Do the 2nd parade if possible and the later it got, the ride lines were less. Try to do the attractions that you want during the first parade. Crowded but lots of fun!!

all we can go by is the pre-coronavirus past. First party usually sells out, as far as I know. Yes it has always been super busy. I’m not saying you shouldn’t attend, but it’s typically not quiet.

I am also attending 8/13 because we start school the next week. I have read in a lot of threads that the first one is terribly busy. Sigh

That looks absolutely miserable. :-(
Unless you attend an unusually low crowd night due to weather or some other anomaly, I find it’s always massively crowded in front of the castle leading up to the parades/fireworks. It doesn’t seem to matter if the party was sold out or not. Expect the crowds here.

And honestly? It’s only miserable if you’re standing in the pouring rain. Otherwise, the energy from the crowds, makes this fun! We were at the first party last year. I think I’m somewhere in that picture. Lol.

So, we have a trip planned beginning of September. I hope Disney World will be open by then, but even if it is, and even if they do go ahead with the parties, we probably won't be able to make it, as we are supposed to fly in from Australia, and I doubt that will even be possible (our government is telling people not to plan flying out in our summer, meaning Dec 2020- Jan 2021). I already purchased party tickets (before the closures). We will probably have to cancel Sep 2020 and re-book for next year, can we get a refund for the party? Who do we speak to?

I would call and ask. Worst thing they can do is say no.

Unless you attend an unusually low crowd night due to weather or some other anomaly, I find it’s always massively crowded in front of the castle leading up to the parades/fireworks. It doesn’t seem to matter if the party was sold out or not. Expect the crowds here.

And honestly? It’s only miserable if you’re standing in the pouring rain. Otherwise, the energy from the crowds, makes this fun! We were at the first party last year. I think I’m somewhere in that picture. Lol.

Are the food lines typically 40 mins to an hour though? Honestly asking. We are trying the third party this year and hoping for better results.

Are the food lines typically 40 mins to an hour though? Honestly asking. We are trying the third party this year and hoping for better results.
We experienced 20 minute good lines and special party treats that had sold out by 10pm. I'll never do another first party again - even if that means no trip to Disney for a year.

I don’t think the waits are that long, but we enjoy ourselves because we avoid lines. We eat a counter service dinner at 4pm as soon as we arrive and we will stop for food/snacks/drinks only if there are no lines. We’ve had good luck later in the evening at Cosmic Rays. Some of the longest lines are the popcorn kiosks.

I'm just hoping the parks are open by then in October, let alone go to a Halloween party!

I'm scheduled to go in September and am hoping the same thing! Given the news reporting it doesn't look good for my trip. If everything isn't operating normally by then we've decided to reschedule until next year some time.

I'm scheduled to go in September and am hoping the same thing! Given the news reporting it doesn't look good for my trip. If everything isn't operating normally by then we've decided to reschedule until next year some time.
I am still scheduled to go in mid-September, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed things will relatively die down enough for us to safely go. Right now my plan is to wait until July-ish to see what the state of COVID and the parks are. I just checked BLT listings, and December has no availability should we need to cancel (so I guess we'll need to shoot for January/February 2021). I'm keeping my fingers crossed should I need to cancel that I'll be able to keep my banked 2019 points for one more year.

We did the 1st party 2 years ago. It was so crowded. Looong lines. Almost didnt do it again. Last year we did the 2nd party. Crowded but doable. Still long lines. Nothing like 8 years ago.

I am still scheduled to go in mid-September, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed things will relatively die down enough for us to safely go. Right now my plan is to wait until July-ish to see what the state of COVID and the parks are. I just checked BLT listings, and December has no availability should we need to cancel (so I guess we'll need to shoot for January/February 2021). I'm keeping my fingers crossed should I need to cancel that I'll be able to keep my banked 2019 points for one more year.

I have a package booked and final payment isn't until later this summer so I can cancel without any penalty up to thirty days before we leave. It just really stinks because this was a rescheduled trip from last year. Luckily we never told the 6 y.o. that she was going, either last year or this year.

I have a package booked and final payment isn't until later this summer so I can cancel without any penalty up to thirty days before we leave. It just really stinks because this was a rescheduled trip from last year. Luckily we never told the 6 y.o. that she was going, either last year or this year.
I do the same thing with our soon to be 5 y.o. Even with little things I wait till we are almost there because you never know what can happen in between, and if they never knew, there can’t be any disappointment. Well, except for ours! :guilty: I’m remaining hopeful we will be good to go for our late October trip. Planning it has been helping with the stress of everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter