"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going mid September and also waiting. Want to see how things go if they open before deciding to go . Not worried about getting the refund if it is canceled just if there are changes will I want to go ,

Just to be sure, would you be flying? Air travel has not been restricted for non-essential travel at any point, only land border crossings. If you were planning on flying down, the border would not give you any problems :).
Not how I understand it:
Canada-U.S. border restrictions
As of April 22, 2020, the 30-day restriction on all non-essential (discretionary) travel at the Canada-U.S. border that was implemented on March 21, 2020, was extended for an additional 30 days until May 21, 2020. Examples of non-essential travel include:
  • tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
(https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...dvice.html#_Canada-U.S._border_restrictions_1)

I don't see any specification relating to flights or road travel.

October is still a long way away, and so much can change. Which is why I (a Canadian) am not purchasing anything non refundable at this point.

Not how I understand it:
Canada-U.S. border restrictions
As of April 22, 2020, the 30-day restriction on all non-essential (discretionary) travel at the Canada-U.S. border that was implemented on March 21, 2020, was extended for an additional 30 days until May 21, 2020. Examples of non-essential travel include:
  • tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
(https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...dvice.html#_Canada-U.S._border_restrictions_1)

October is still a long way away, and so much can change. Which is why I (a Canadian) am not purchasing anything non refundable at this point.

It’s for land crossings only.

Air, sea, and rail are not restricted.

It’s for land crossings only.

Air, sea, and rail are not restricted.
Ok. I never would have thought "US-Canada border" only refers to the physical roads, but I guess you're right. Still, I will wait to see what the situation later on (we can't even go to the next town at this point)

WDW CM are giving me mixed info regarding tickets refund if WDW is closed or if we don't want to go. WDW Guest Services said it is non-refundable while another said if you don't show up / use them, you can simply roll the cost into additional tickets at a later date (any type of ticket).

I'm still holding off for the reasons mentioned by others... I honestly think it we hadn't rented DVC points we'd move our trip to next year. We can get our flights fully refunded by Alaska and use the ticket $ later on; we'd still be out a good amount of money with the hotel so I'll wait a little longer and see if things get better.

This event has been grossly oversold by Disney in the past. Unless the pandemic is completely behind us by August, Disney will have to greatly restrict ticket sales. Sorry to be a party pooper, so to speak.

This event has been grossly oversold by Disney in the past. Unless the pandemic is completely behind us by August, Disney will have to greatly restrict ticket sales. Sorry to be a party pooper, so to speak.

This is why I'm glad that I went ahead and purchased our tickets for 10/31. I know this date will sell out and if Disney implements restrictions I won't have to worry about getting tickets. With that being said, I hope that I'm not one of those trying to get a refund because we can't go for some reason and Disney is operating.

Well call me an eternal optimist, but I went ahead and got our party tickets for September!
Yeah I did too... for Mid October! They will be open and the parties will happen. If they don't happen, we will be reimbursed.

WDW CM are giving me mixed info regarding tickets refund if WDW is closed or if we don't want to go. WDW Guest Services said it is non-refundable while another said if you don't show up / use them, you can simply roll the cost into additional tickets at a later date (any type of ticket).
I had tickets for the 6/26 VAH event. We cancelled our trip in April and the tickets were refunded, no questions asked. During these times I’d be shocked if Disney did NOT refund if you did not feel safe going.

I had tickets for the 6/26 VAH event. We cancelled our trip in April and the tickets were refunded, no questions asked. During these times I’d be shocked if Disney did NOT refund if you did not feel safe going.

Good to know, thank you! We already have tickets to the 8/18 party, but we're going to cancel our trip if the pin event is canceled. If it's canceled, it'll be because of the current situation so it's good know they're refunding. We'd take a credit because we're also hoping to go to the MVMCP in November. I just don't want to lose the money completely.

Disney Springs opening in phases starting the week of the 20th! I'm already planning out my outfit for Oct 25th party! haha woohoo!

FYI cancelled our DVC stay today starting 8/8 that would incorporate the 1st party. Just couldn’t take chance of losing all those points if I felt the need to cancel after my banking deadline.

Called & requested a full refund for our MNSSHP tix. Was told it was a one time accommodation

Haven’t given up on the trip in its entirety. going to book something thru CRO I can easily cancel. Don’t think we’d have any issue adding party tix when things become more clear re park opening

thankfully SWA is making things easy re extending travel funds at least

I'm a little confused by your statement. Can you elaborate on being "told it was a one time accommodation"? I don't get it.
A one time accommodation just means that it's not policy, that they refunded as a courtesy but were not required to do so.

It might be the thing that actually makes it worth going to. We quit going to the parties years ago due to over crowding. It also makes me wonder if Disney will even do them if capacity limits are in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter