Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

Spoilers for TM preview tonite all over Twitter and other SM accounts. Sounds like a great year and WOW the scarezones look amazing.
Also seems at least some of the tent houses have elevated walkways (up a few inches) so maybe the feets might not get soaked during the rains!

Beware there are cameras inside the houses this year watching you. This is for TM safety as some people shouldn’t be allowed out to play as they can’t be nice-now security will be kicking them out if issues!

My wife and I are going next Thursday - Saturday, 9/8 - 9/10. We are going with ROF and S&S but no other add-ons.

1. We are arriving late Thursday night and was planning to redeem our passes and get a head start on the weekend. Is parking still $27 regardless of when you arrive on HHN nights?

2. Unfortunately a few days ago, my wife broke her toe. We already bought the tickets so she has decided we are going to tough it out the best we can. I've already heard about the insane amount of walking required. Are there any accommodations available for those who may not be able to stand in line? Are all the houses wheelchair accessible?

Thanks!

My wife and I are going next Thursday - Saturday, 9/8 - 9/10. We are going with ROF and S&S but no other add-ons.

1. We are arriving late Thursday night and was planning to redeem our passes and get a head start on the weekend. Is parking still $27 regardless of when you arrive on HHN nights?

2. Unfortunately a few days ago, my wife broke her toe. We already bought the tickets so she has decided we are going to tough it out the best we can. I've already heard about the insane amount of walking required. Are there any accommodations available for those who may not be able to stand in line? Are all the houses wheelchair accessible?

Thanks!
I have done the houses in a wc before.
It’s doable for the most part

I have done hhn with a broken toe before and it can be difficult to tough it out

Consider renting a wc for her

No Central Park and then move you to area by Animals theater? I did that one last year for Hill House.

Unfortunately a few days ago, my wife broke her toe. We already bought the tickets so she has decided we are going to tough it out the best we can. I've already heard about the insane amount of walking required. Are there any accommodations available for those who may not be able to stand in line? Are all the houses wheelchair accessible?
Not a medical professional, yet a klutz & pro at breaking toes & a foot.

It all depends IMO

Has she cleared doing the event with her Medical providers?

Big toe seems to be bigger problem for most

Is it a clean break/fracture?

If so, guessing she has it padded between sister toes and wrapped in medical tape to stabilize

Suggest she find a supportive pair of comfy shoes

Even those who rent an ecv transfer appear to manual WC in houses. Walkway can be very tight & at times not be level
It’s easier for the pushee than pusher lol. They have slanted triangular covers over wire bundles that can be difficult to maneuver, especially when it’s so distracting & if a newcomer to WC

I agree with @keishashadow , supportive shoes are 100% necessary @SquashBanana with or without a broken toe as there is a lot of walking! A lot!

My favorite shoes are (and I know they're ghastly expensive)
hoka bondi 7 one one , just google & read reviews. It's like walking on clouds, no kidding. Nice sales going on now.

For me, right of of the box I think they're perfect for those with flat feet as there is no arch support. Zero. However, insoles are easily removable so you can use your own orthotics. I just buy Dr. Scholl's athletic inserts as they have the perfect arch support for me and I have high arches.

Sorry to hear about your wife & I hope you and yours have a wonderful trip!

I hope this is someone’s idea of a joke pertaining to

Daytime, unmasking the horror tours ONLY!

It appears there may be a change in how it’s conducted this year…

This based upon FB posters stating emails being received a week or so prior to tour dates that reference:

Flashlights & Headphones :confused3

Note that the official website does still reference only 10 -12 people per tour

3930DF3C-5176-43CE-85C9-202CC1A2C609.jpeg

Last edited:
So I can take a small flashlight going through the houses, as my eyes are not very good in the pitch black? At least to see where my feet go? Odd. Never knew could do that before.

I have done hhn with a broken toe before and it can be difficult to tough it out

Consider renting a wc for her

Not a medical professional, yet a klutz & pro at breaking toes & a foot.

It all depends IMO

Has she cleared doing the event with her Medical providers?

Big toe seems to be bigger problem for most

Is it a clean break/fracture?

If so, guessing she has it padded between sister toes and wrapped in medical tape to stabilize

Suggest she find a supportive pair of comfy shoes

Even those who rent an ecv transfer appear to manual WC in houses. Walkway can be very tight & at times not be level

It’s easier for the pushee than pusher lol. They have slanted triangular covers over wire bundles that can be difficult to maneuver, especially when it’s so distracting & if a newcomer to WC

I agree with @keishashadow , supportive shoes are 100% necessary @SquashBanana with or without a broken toe as there is a lot of walking! A lot!

My favorite shoes are (and I know they're ghastly expensive)
hoka bondi 7 one one , just google & read reviews. It's like walking on clouds, no kidding. Nice sales going on now.

For me, right of of the box I think they're perfect for those with flat feet as there is no arch support. Zero. However, insoles are easily removable so you can use your own orthotics. I just buy Dr. Scholl's athletic inserts as they have the perfect arch support for me and I have high arches.

Sorry to hear about your wife & I hope you and yours have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the advice and good wishes. We both just bought a pair of Saucony's on clearance and they are super comfortable. I'm not sure what type of footwear she will use because we're a week away and it will probably be a "when we pack" decision based on how she feels at the time. Nor are we sure how we will move her around yet. Her walking isn't an option. We are leaning towards a knee-scooter type setup but we shall see.

I hope this is someone’s idea of a joke pertaining to

Daytime, unmasking the horror tours ONLY!

It appears there may be a change in how it’s conducted this year…

This based upon FB posters stating emails being received a week or so prior to tour dates that reference:

Flashlights & Headphones :confused3

Note that the official website does still reference only 10 -12 people per tour

View attachment 698951
Not sure I like the sounds of this - looking forwards to feedback from those that have tours in the next week or two

Not sure I like the sounds of this - looking forwards to feedback from those that have tours in the next week or two
I can’t be the only person who is scrambling to find a pair of old school, wired headphones.:headache:

wondering if the last generation wired ones that came with iphone would work with whatever technology they will use.

never had an issue hearing the guide’s live commentary in the past. If it’s an accessibility thing, then all for it:thumbsup2as an enhancement.

However, if they are possibly switching over to a pre-recorded spiel, without the guide being able to answer questions or provide any personalized input, not going to be a happy haunter.

I can’t be the only person who is scrambling to find a pair of old school, wired headphones.:headache:

wondering if the last generation wired ones that came with iphone would work with whatever technology they will use.

never had an issue hearing the guide’s live commentary in the past. If it’s an accessibility thing, then all for it:thumbsup2as an enhancement.

However, if they are possibly switching over to a pre-recorded spiel, without the guide being able to answer questions or provide any personalized input, not going to be a happy haunter.
It should work. Just needs to physically fit in a normal headphone jack

wired headphones?

no idea as what i will do

Not a clue

In past tours, the tour guide talked and all listened
DH just caught me muttering to myself:crazy:

reminded me that the iPod ones won’t exactly be comfortable wearing for 5 - 6 hours on the tour.

May go with a one eared open type (that just sits inside the ear vs in) & hangs around ear.

if u want will grab u one too from amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter