Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

No stupid questions. If it’s a repetitive one, poster may be referred to sticky for basic info. No offense, just try to keep the thread relatively clean

The tent house line near Central Park last year let guests line up starting around 4 pm For the tent houses. yep, i was there several nights Trying to find scraps of shade In which to lounge

That is a very good question indeed.

No idea, hopefully somebody can share

did notice when poking around SW’s howlo scream website, they have instituted a new rule where you cannot return to the event the same night if you leave.

they also put in place a no/small clear bag rule (as with sporting & concert security protocols).

Those who are day guests can bring in standard park sort of bags

will be interesting to see if U follows suit. Didn’t have time to do A deep dig on their HHN website to see if it’s buried in there somewhere.

If only a single night, believe this convenience factor wins. You might be able to save a few bucks with a discounter. Just don’t wait to buy at the gate

if staying onsite probably could buy at your resort again this year

staying in park all day, then HHN makes for a grueling experience. Been there and done it for the last time years ago. It’s just too much We’ve managed to put on 6 or 7 miles on our pedometers just doing HHN. Those tent houses are indeed killers

suggest sleeping in, yes, I said it :) or pool time; then head on over to the parks In Late am or early afternoon

try to book a late ADR at finnegans & wait it out in comfort. Not the easy grab it once was. Otherwise, station yourself in one of the holding pens and grab some CS.

your feet will thank you And you will have a better chance of closing out the park and getting in a few later runs thru the houses once the crowds start to disperse after midnight.
Thank you very much for your reply. Good to know 4pm! I will adjust my spreadsheet lol. But that is useful to know! It's going to be weird shifting our day into the evening but I bet my husband will be happy with a bit of a lie in!

No stupid questions. If it’s a repetitive one, poster may be referred to sticky for basic info. No offense, just try to keep the thread relatively clean

The tent house line near Central Park last year let guests line up starting around 4 pm For the tent houses. yep, i was there several nights Trying to find scraps of shade In which to lounge

That is a very good question indeed.

No idea, hopefully somebody can share

did notice when poking around SW’s howlo scream website, they have instituted a new rule where you cannot return to the event the same night if you leave.

they also put in place a no/small clear bag rule (as with sporting & concert security protocols).

Those who are day guests can bring in standard park sort of bags

will be interesting to see if U follows suit. Didn’t have time to do A deep dig on their HHN website to see if it’s buried in there somewhere.

If only a single night, believe this convenience factor wins. You might be able to save a few bucks with a discounter. Just don’t wait to buy at the gate

if staying onsite probably could buy at your resort again this year

staying in park all day, then HHN makes for a grueling experience. Been there and done it for the last time years ago. It’s just too much We’ve managed to put on 6 or 7 miles on our pedometers just doing HHN. Those tent houses are indeed killers

suggest sleeping in, yes, I said it :) or pool time; then head on over to the parks In Late am or early afternoon

try to book a late ADR at finnegans & wait it out in comfort. Not the easy grab it once was. Otherwise, station yourself in one of the holding pens and grab some CS.

your feet will thank you And you will have a better chance of closing out the park and getting in a few later runs thru the houses once the crowds start to disperse after midnight.
Don’t know about Seaworld, but Universal does all their security screening at Citywalk, onsite hotel boat docks plus those 2 by exit of walking paths from onsite hotels, doubt they are going to go to clear bag path. Plus concerts and sporting events with the clear bags also want you to buy their overpriced concessions for food and drinks so clear bags serve 2 purposes.

We have rip tour starting at 630, I know check in is 6 for the lounge. What time do we need to arrive? Will we be in the same holding area as everyone else?

I hadn't thought about any potential bag issues. Generally I carry around a zippered tote-type bag containing a portable charger, some facial tissue, etc., along with any small-ish souvenirs I might purchase. Since I'd go through regular security in the a.m., I guess they would need an additional security check later in order to throw me out for having an unacceptable bag. Seems unlikely.

By SW are you talking about Sea World? As in at Sea World you are saying they are only allowing a clear bag for their halloween event and you aren't sure if Universal is going that way too?

With day guests doing stay and scream I can't see how they would. Besides, not sure how SW would compare to Universal anyway. No more than Disney compares (which is they don't)
Yes, sea world.

To reiterate:

i haven’t looked for this on the official HHN site Nor have I seen an announcement implementing it.

The clear bag policy i referenced was only for howl o scream At SW. even guests enter thru a different gate closer to where you enter the park Near the stadium. Reasoning is that it’s easier for security to process the throng.

(see below)

As day guests (staying & screaming) last year, we were herded into a pen at the far end of event area, down by sharks To wait out the official start.

I didn’t use a clear bag that day as it wasn’t required.

all theme parks, concerts, etc. are comparable as to using proven/standard security methods; tweaked to their preferences.

The theme parks in Orlando surely do tend to follow each other closely, including ticket price increases.

I have no idea if HHN will follow suit. It’s standard in my neck of the woods for events. However, have no problem with it if they elect to do it, especially in this day & age either. YMMV.

6530137E-3442-4697-81F8-456F59E5A094.jpeg97DC5BBA-E03E-4931-9FE8-93B61714A0D2.png

Yes, sea world.

To reiterate:

i haven’t looked for this on the official HHN site Nor have I seen an announcement implementing it.

The clear bag policy i referenced was only for howl o scream At SW. even guests enter thru a different gate closer to where you enter the park Near the stadium. Reasoning is that it’s easier for security to process the throng.

(see below)

As day guests (staying & screaming) last year, we were herded into a pen at the far end of event area, down by sharks To wait out the official start.

I didn’t use a clear bag that day as it wasn’t required.

all theme parks, concerts, etc. are comparable as to using proven/standard security methods; tweaked to their preferences.

The theme parks in Orlando surely do tend to follow each other closely, including ticket price increases.

I have no idea if HHN will follow suit. It’s standard in my neck of the woods for events. However, have no problem with it if they elect to do it, especially in this day & age either. YMMV.

View attachment 686631
That's just a bonkers policy that seems easy to fix by using the same gate for all. Which is what Universal does. I can't fathom why they'd build a new way in just for HHN when their current security entrance works fine. So until they change the day guest bag policy I'd say there's nothing to worry about.
I'm well versed to sporting events. 20 year Season ticket holder here, baseball, basketball and football. So yeah, attend lots of those events. LOL
They have not only a clear bag but a size of bag policy.

That's just a bonkers policy that seems easy to fix by using the same gate for all. Which is what Universal does. I can't fathom why they'd build a new way in just for HHN when their current security entrance works fine. So until they change the day guest bag policy I'd say there's nothing to worry about.
At SW using the alternative gate made perfect sense as the area between the main gates & sharks was closed after regular park hours.
437C7921-7B4F-4044-B36B-B81C946ACD73.jpeg
They only utilized the area from the alternate entrance to the sharks area. They did a fine job for their first year! Definitely adult oriented

FYI, There are multiple entrances into all the parks, just not being used for guests. even if U would eventually decide to implement a new bag policy for the HHN event, no special entrance would be required. it’s simple, U have the wrong bag, you step out of line & conform…next!

Unless something extraordinarily awful would occur, don’t see U switching up basic security protocols this year; as tix have already been sold

We have rip tour starting at 630, I know check in is 6 for the lounge. What time do we need to arrive? Will we be in the same holding area as everyone else?
You can arrive right around 6pm. You will get a totally separate entrance off to the right, no waiting in line except for other RIP guests. You then have a separated area from which you can watch the opening ceremony (which was practically nothing on the night I saw it, wouldn't bother to wait for it again) and then head over to Cafe La Jamba for hors d'oeuvres / dinner / snacks / beverages. You never have to wait amongst the masses or in any holding area. Being able to casually saunter up at 5:58pm past the throng of humanity is a major RIP benefit.

Not only do they know the houses they've been working on them for months!
They aren't even in doubt at this point. They are set in stone and half way, if not all the way, constructed.
So yeah, release the houses already. Enough is enough.
And we allllllll know there is going to be a Stranger Things house. I mean, what better year is there than a year when they actually have a real live haunted house in the show? If there isn't, then they are missing the best opportunity of all the seasons yet.

Stranger Things might not happen. Netflix helped pay for Haunting of Hill House, and likely helped pay for Stranger Things in the past, with their current monetary woes they probably dont want to pay for it this year.

Based on what “people in the know” have said in other places, there’s only one more IP house left to be announced for Orlando this year and allegedly it’s The Weeknd’s house. The rest will be original houses so no Netflix house this year.

Supposedly, Evil Dead Rises was cut last month last minute due to licensing issues or something like that and they’ve been scrambling for a replacement, which will likely be an original house now but take all of that with a grain of salt.

If the RIP tour doesn't start until later, do you go in early? How does it work?

If the RIP tour doesn't start until later, do you go in early? How does it work?

You can if you want to. You have to have a HHN ticket for the night in addition to your RIP Tour ticket. So if you want to hang out in the park and do some other things until your tour starts you can.

My niece and I spent some time in Diagon Alley then went over to Cafe La Bama about a half hour before our tour time. When we checked in the tour guides were by the door. Our tour guide gave us our tour lanyard and we went in and enjoyed some food and beverage (which is included is included in your RIP Tour). There is a additional cost if you want alcoholic beverages.

We were in a Public RIP Tour. Private Rip Tours usually meet up at guest services first, but that should be made clear to you before hand.

Multinight passes (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, Frequent Fear+ and Ultimate Fear), Stay & Scream tickets and Scareactor Dining are now available through the UO app.

Edit: Now added to the main HHN webpage as well and available there.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I can pick up Rush of Fear will call at my hotels ticket desk? Still try to decide between RPR and Aventura ( I have more of my party staying at Aventura). TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter