Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

@macraven did ask me if I was interested in creating the Guest List thread, which I am. I've been a bit behind as my family and I took a surprise vacation. I'm just now getting back into my groove and will create the thread later tonight. All good?

In all honestly I'm still behind in all the news that has been posted here. :blush:

Reading comments Tours are full makes me think we won't see a discount on them like we did last year. Though we did sign up for Universal AP with 3 months free, which was posted by @mamapenguin :thumbsup2 I'll still be passing the savings on to members of my group.
We also purchased our HHN tickets. Unfortunately scammers drained two $500 Visa gift cards purchased from Meijer, the day after they were registered.
It's been busy.

Did I miss read your post that you got slammed on the gift cards??
That is totally horrible!!

Monyk - I assume the bloggers will be out in force.

Here’s the info for the rest of us, jik any locals have deep pockets.:stir:
  • Get your first bite of fright with an all-you-care-to-enjoy preview of select Halloween Horror Nights food and drinks before the event season starts, select nights from August 10th–26th.
  • The Taste of Terror takes place at Soundstage #33 in Universal Studios Florida, with check-in at the end of street past Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.
  • Your event ticket includes:
    • Enjoy an exclusive – before event start – all you care to enjoy preview of select food & beverage items that will be featured at Halloween Horror Nights this year! (Tasting size portions)
    • All Non-Alcoholic beverages included
    • Alcohol beverages included via a hosted bar. Must be 21+ with valid photo ID to drink.
    • Souvenir Halloween Horror Nights light-up cup (21+ Only)
    • Halloween Horror Nights Coca-Cola Freestyle cup (Separate fee applies to activate)
    • One digital download of a photo taken at the Taste of Terror
  • Event dates are Aug. 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25 and 26.
  • Check-in begins at 6:00 p.m. with the experience running from approximately 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
  • The event cost is $159.99 per person, and you can purchase tickets now at UniversalOrlando.com.
  • Theme park admission for the same day is required and not included.
  • Halloween Horror Nights begins Friday, September 1st and runs through Saturday, November 4th.

• Get your first bite of fright with an all-you-care-to-enjoy preview of select Halloween Horror Nights food and drinks before the event season starts, select nights from August 10th–26th.
  • The Taste of Terror takes place at Soundstage #33 in Universal Studios Florida, with check-in at the end of street past Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon.
  • Your event ticket includes:
    • Enjoy an exclusive – before event start – all you care to enjoy preview of select food & beverage items that will be featured at Halloween Horror Nights this year! (Tasting size portions)
    • All Non-Alcoholic beverages included
    • Alcohol beverages included via a hosted bar. Must be 21+ with valid photo ID to drink.
    • Souvenir Halloween Horror Nights light-up cup (21+ Only)
    • Halloween Horror Nights Coca-Cola Freestyle cup (Separate fee applies to activate)
    • One digital download of a photo taken at the Taste of Terror
  • Event dates are Aug. 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 25 and 26.
  • Check-in begins at 6:00 p.m. with the experience running from approximately 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
  • The event cost is $159.99 per person, and you can purchase tickets now at UniversalOrlando.com.
  • Theme park admission for the same day is required and not included.
  • Halloween Horror Nights begins Friday, September 1st and runs through Saturday, November 4th.

note, appears for a party of two all dates are currently still available. Will be interesting to see how fast it does sell out.

View attachment 781202
I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around $160 for two hours with tasting sized portions. You even have to pay extra to activate the freestyle cup. I like HHN and all, but I can’t imagine eating enough during this event to make it nearly worth it. Do you really think it will sell out?

I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around $160 for two hours with tasting sized portions. You even have to pay extra to activate the freestyle cup. I like HHN and all, but I can’t imagine eating enough during this event to make it nearly worth it. Do you really think it will sell out?
If Disney event, would be long gone as so much FOMO among their guests.

@ U, well, I’m starting to think that, just maybe, people are having sticking shock over the pricing this year/need to buy private RIP vs public etc. could be only those with very deep pockets (& influencers, etc.) will bite.

@ U, well, I’m starting to think that, just maybe, people are having sticking shock over the pricing this year/need to buy private RIP vs public etc. could be only those with very deep pockets (& influencers, etc.) will bite.
yeah - of course most of the influencers will get this for free - probably an event before this one just for the influencers or on the first night to promote the event.

I think this is something they had just for influencers for free in the past as part of the promotion of the event that they turned into a paid event for several nights for the rest of the us.

In general I watch the influencers just to keep up on things but don't believe anything they say - they don't want to loose access so they will never tell you the full truth.

As for the sticker shock - I've pretty much said this earlier in the thread - but beyond base tickets the prices are totally out of hand IMO - to the point the cost is not worth what you get. I am still very annoyed with the cost for multilight express with the multilight tickets.

The FF+ ticket is 269 - that is a fair value IMO other than the loss of the Saturday before Halloween I had planned on until they decided to make the last Saturday in Nov. ( yeah that irks me)

With Express it's $699 - $100 more than it was last year. Its an extra $469 on top of the base ticket. For that I can book a RIP tour one night and have pretty much zero wait or maybe join a private tour - and still have money for a few drinks. That is probably a better use of the money.

Considering how disappointing the 2021 event was IMO - so bad I actually skipped several nights I could have gone to with express and went over to SeaWorld instead. On my last night I actually just stayed at Strong Water and had a few more drinks because I had no interest in going over to HHN - That said if it turns out to be a great event I may upgrade my ticket to include express - right now I don't see the value in it.

To be fair to Universal the cost of the Unmasking the horror tours have not gone up all that much - but the six house is a much better value.

One other thought on the express pass- maybe a lot less people will buy it this year because of the increase and maybe that will reduce the waits - but I doubt it - I think most people just go the one night and buy express.

:stir:

I think they’ve way overplayed their hand. It’s literally more than twice the price of Cinderella’s Royal Table, and that’s a whole meal with character interaction. Even WDW dessert pre and post parties are only $100 and are really more about the firework view.

And look at similar UO offerings. The Orlando Informer is doing a mini meet up this year for adults at $199. One night in IoA with unlimited food, including some upgraded food you can’t usually get in the parks, in addition to the usual fare and butterbeer, etc. Plus that goes on for 6 hours in which to eat your way across the park, while also having low-crowd access to the rides. Admittedly, alcohol is not included, but I don’t know how much a person is really going to drink in the 2 hour HHN tasting, unless you’re purposefully just chugging to try to get your money’s worth. It’s just not close to comparable to charge $169 for two hours of limited menu and no rides.

The kicker here is that the Taste of Fear is not even special food. It’s literally a preview of what you’ll get at HHN where you can get it much cheaper. If they’d priced it at $50 or $60 with a cash bar for alcohol, they’d have sold out and still turned a tidy profit. As it is, I think people are going to wait to have full sized portions at HHN.

I think most people just go the one night and buy express.
not sure, could be

most locals I know go with multi nights. Disney people seem to all do one night starting out. do think so many bolted from that park when the APs were paused for so long & went with buying one at U.
For that I can book a RIP tour one night and have pretty much zero wait or maybe join a private tour - and still have money for a few drinks. That is probably a better use of the money.
Problem with that is the public tours went poof so very early this year, catching many of us by surprise.
Admittedly, alcohol is not included, but I don’t know how much a person is really going to drink in the 2 hour HHN tasting, unless you’re purposefully just chugging to try to get your money’s worth. It’s just not close to comparable to charge $169 for two hours of limited menu and no rides.
Oh, I figure many will pound them. if it’s those sugary well drinks they offer, going to be some major headaches the morning after Lol

Admittedly, alcohol is not included, but I don’t know how much a person is really going to drink in the 2 hour HHN tasting, unless you’re purposefully just chugging to try to get your money’s worth.
Absolutely no shade to the many folks who love them, but this is why I no longer go to any food/drink themed events - in theme parks or locally. I've been to my share and always leave feeling it wasn't worth the high double or triple digit ticket price.

Waiting in lines to eat and drink a bunch of miniscule samples - with the hot stuff getting cold too fast and the chilled stuff melting too fast. Trying to juggle drink and food containers while searching for a bench to sit - or worse - standing and eating over garbage can surfaces or any other flat surface I can find in the heat. Plus, I always leave feeling a little queasy from so many diff food and drink combinations in my gut - hardly the ideal way to dine.

Nowadays, I'd much rather relax in a comfy booth or table, order ONE meal (with curated elements that pair well together) enjoy cold AC and a friendly, smiling server bringing me drink refills and taking care of me. And spend a fraction of the bucks to boot! Call me crazy lol:crazy2:

Has anyone found any discounts on multi night passes? Last year I got my RoF through a third party for a few bucks off. Not a huge discount, but it was something. This year, AAA just has single nights available. The was a placeholder for multi nights right when multi night tickets dropped, but the purchase link was never inserted and now it’s gone from the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter