Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

My Universal app wallet in my expired tickets lists my ROF tickets as issued 7/26/22. I’m pretty sure that I bought them the day they became available, does that date sound right? If it is I’m in for a long wait…
See post #10 of sticky. Will strive to update the info as the info rolls out.

yes, the release date was 7/26 last year.
bring back Bill and Ted
Now, that is a tshirt tag line I could get behind.

I can see that being one of the target demographics 🤣
And maybe monster truck audiences
I remember attending one of the early HHN events - they had a KISS cover band as entertainment. It was awesome! How cool would it be if they did a series of cover band concerts instead of the same old, same old dance show variation every year - they could do diff music genres each week.

Edited to add: I don't dislike the dance show necessarily. But it would be nice to offer something different. The choreography and music changed a bit, but it's still similar style.

Last edited:
I remember attending one of the early HHN events - they had a KISS cover band as entertainment. It was awesome! How cool would it be if they did a series of cover band concerts instead of the same old, same old dance show variation every year - they could do diff music genres each week.
That would be amazing and would make the multi-day passes much more worth it!

This will be my first HHN. I purchased one night tickets for October 22. I am a 53 yr old scardey cat. I was in middle school the last time I went to a haunted house. I don't watch horror movies and change the channel when a preview comes on. It took me two days to muster up enough courage to purchase tickets.

I have been to Universal during HHN but never attended. Did a Behind the Screams tour and it peaked my interest. Very nervous and excited to attend.
I went to my first HHN last year at age 52 and loved it!!
I was nervous because my memory of haunted houses was the sketchy ones from the 80's this is nothing like that.
The houses are so immersive and visually stunning its easy to get caught up looking at all the details, although I did almost pee myself in the Halloween houseo_O

I read The Stand 25+ years ago but that was all of the Stephen King I ever read until recently. His new book, Fairy Tale, was excellent and got me into reading his older stuff. Read Salem’s Lot and just finished Pet Semetary*. Anyway, how does this relate to HHN? It occurred to me that there is so much material there that they could easily do a ‘Into the mind of Stephen King’ house or something like that. Vampires here, clowns with balloons there, oh man.

*I remember watching the Pet Semetary movie when I was younger but man this book hits so much harder than the movie ever did. Think I’m scarred hah.

I read The Stand 25+ years ago but that was all of the Stephen King I ever read until recently. His new book, Fairy Tale, was excellent and got me into reading his older stuff. Read Salem’s Lot and just finished Pet Semetary*. Anyway, how does this relate to HHN? It occurred to me that there is so much material there that they could easily do a ‘Into the mind of Stephen King’ house or something like that. Vampires here, clowns with balloons there, oh man.

*I remember watching the Pet Semetary movie when I was younger but man this book hits so much harder than the movie ever did. Think I’m scarred hah.

I know they did Creepshow and The Shining a few years ago, but I would LOVE to see more Stephen King representation at HHN. Some of it would be great and not very hard to pull off...like the prom scene from Carrie, a cornfield from Children of the Corn, or something with all the rats from Graveyard Shift. Cujo would also be really cool. I would personally love to see Christine represented, but I prefer the movie version as opposed to the book (I feel the same way about Trucks/Maximum Overdrive).

Pet Sematary is one of my favorite books so I would love to see that as well but I think that'd be a harder one to do.

I think Stephen King is pretty picky about who he grants the rights to his work to so I don't expect to ever see any of that, though :(

Last edited:

Edited to add: I don't dislike the dance show necessarily. But it would be nice to offer something different. The choreography and music changed a bit, but it's still similar style.
Or, they could do both:smooth: Where’s the suggestion box? Lol.

I vote for them to bring back the infamous rat girl!:worship:

ADB268A9-8877-4C64-A3C1-61F8F33AFFB8.jpeg
I’m sure there are other ample ‘carny’ acts local that would jump at the chance

We are debating about going for two nights instead of one. There’s so much to do & see and I feel like we are sometimes running through everything to see it all.

We are debating about going for two nights instead of one. There’s so much to do & see and I feel like we are sometimes running through everything to see it all.
Unless you are doing a RIP tour I cant imagine trying to do it all in one night - you can try - but it will be hectic and you will miss things IMO

Unless you are doing a RIP tour I cant imagine trying to do it all in one night - you can try - but it will be hectic and you will miss things IMO

We’ve only gone one night on our past trips and it is just exhausting, even with an express pass. We’re going to be in Florida for 2 weeks so we would have plenty of time to go twice.

Keeping a close eye on this for my planning for next year!

How are Sunday's in September (not opening weekend)?

I will only have one day for HHN. In fact it is the only reason I am doing Universal and am heading to Disney for a few days for Food and Wine after. So a Sunday works the best for me as it would put my Food and Wine days during the week for crowd reasons (arrive Saturday to stay at Universal, HHN on Sunday, move to Disney on Monday).

I am 100% sure I am getting the express pass. If nothing else because it gives me less time in line to chicken out. HHN is a challenge for me. I love horror as a genre and always want to do these sorts of things. But I am a scaredy cat.

if construction is still in place this event and they have to readjust the entrances to the tent houses, it could go either way as to length of time to walk to the tent houses. Have concerns it might turn into an even worse bottle neck of humanity in the MIB area. :confused3

Only way I see one night working effectively is going on traditionally slower date (early in the season & Wednesday or Thursday). doing stay & scream is good strategy to afford ability to jump into two, sometimes three houses before the gate crowd bumps up the waits.

If doable, two nights will make for a more relaxing experience

We had one day tix with EP on opening weekend last year. I decided to add a night (without EP) when we got there and was glad I did. I bought the single night tickets before the multi-day passes were available, then I was available to upgrade it to one of the multiple day passes at our hotel. The price difference was worth it to me to have some extra time.

Are the RIP lines separate from the express pass lines? Are they shorter?
I’m trying to decide between the two. The RIP costs so much more than the EP option.
We’ve done both in the past, but I can’t remember if they’re different lines.

Are the RIP lines separate from the express pass lines? Are they shorter?
I’m trying to decide between the two. The RIP costs so much more than the EP option.
We’ve done both in the past, but I can’t remember if they’re different lines.

There really aren't RIP lines. The tour guide just walks you to the house entrance, going back stage and even moving barriers/ropes when necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter