Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

That's what afternoon naps / reading/sitting/resting breaks are for. And general agreement that no one is setting an alarm for Friday morning.
Well, unless they are catching an early flight home the next day. Can vouche that’s rough stuff, worth it tho to squeeze in another night on a multi day tix

I held a R.I.P. tour again this year. When can we head to Cafe La Bamba for the pre-tour reception? Right at our tour start time, or a bit before? I remember heading over about 15 minutes before in the past.
Not sure if the private and public RIP tours work differently. Last i booked a Public tour, they had staggered meet/departure times you were assigned.

you should be able to get a definitive answer by calling VIP.

When you find out, come back & share the definitive answers to your Qx with the thread please :thumbsup2

I held a R.I.P. tour again this year. When can we head to Cafe La Bamba for the pre-tour reception? Right at our tour start time, or a bit before? I remember heading over about 15 minutes before in the past.
When we did our public tour last year our tour time was booked for 7:00pm and they wouldn’t let us in Cafe La Bamba until a couple of minutes before then (I have 6:57pm as the time stamp on the first photo I took in there on my phone). Once we were in there though we could take as long as we wanted eating and then we headed over to the Horror Make-Up Show meet up point to join one of the groups that needed people. I think we spent around 40 minutes in La Bamba. I guess the process could be different again this year but that’s how it played out for us. They’ll tell you what time you need to be there when you check-in and get your lanyards.

Here we go again!

https://www.universalorlando.com/hhn/en/us

Halloween Horror Nights 32, 2023 Orlando edition

Select nights, from 6:30 pm - 2:00 pm

September 1-3, 6-10, 13-17, 20-24 & 27-30

October 1, 4-8, 11-15, 18-22, 25-29 & 31

View attachment 748724View attachment 748725
2022 Thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...or-is-universal.3873672/page-75#post-64693500

Calling all fiends, you can post your HHN dates in the following thread:

TBD

Once again, this thread is designed to be your go-to place for information as to this year's HHN.

This is a work in progress and will be updated as information rolls out

Please feel free to chat and post any non-commercial sites you feel will help others plan their trips & they will be linked here. Make sure to adhere to the DISboards posting rules.

Above all else, be excellent to each other!

Admit it, you know who you are.

You look forward to getting scared silly at Universal Studio Orlando’s HHN every year, probably starting as you walk out of the park after your last house the year prior.

You are among like-minded fans here. Pull up a chair, take a deep breath and relax if only for a bit.

HNN’s scares are designed to make us feel good. The exact opposite of what we are globally currently tackling, that which is sorely sapping our collective energy and souls. This, too, will pass.

Planning for Orlando’s annual HHN can be therapeutic in the sense that it makes you feel good. It’s okay to continue having d̶a̶y̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶s̶nightmares about HHN. There are proven psychological benefits of experiencing safe and anticipated fears.

Margee Kerr, a sociologist at the University of Pittsburgh studies fear. Talk about a dream job! She has discovered that once you are out of a scary situation, especially one that was never really a threat to begin with; feel-good endorphins course through your body. She describes it as: “...a reprioritizing of energy, of focus into the body. You’re grounded, not caught up in thinking...”

So, whether you plan on enjoying HHN or just riding a rollercoaster this fall, strap yourself in and enjoy the ride here. Don’t think about anything else...not your job, bills, food or whatever you are binge watching. While you are here, escape
Can you tell me what the hours of the party are? I know this says 630pm- 2pm, but that must be an error. What's the earliest you can get in and when does it end?

Can you tell me what the hours of the party are? I know this says 630pm- 2pm, but that must be an error. What's the earliest you can get in and when does it end?
6:30 pm to 2:00 AM

What sharp eyes you have :teeth:, good catch, I will edit that post haste.:thumbsup2

they have to clear the park of days guests & get the scareactors in place. Often a couple of houses will open early for those already in the park

if you have an AP or buy a stay & scream ticket (extra cost), you are permitted to position yourself into a holding pen/zone bemore 5:00 pm.

Advantages:

*you can try to find a semi comfy place (admittedly few & far between) to chill a bit, as opposed to the standing horde outside the gate.

*often can knock out a house or two before the gates are opened to regular HHN tix holders,
as they do tend to open a house or two a bit early.

*can go deeper into the park (tent house locations) and get a jump on the lines vs those doing a brisk walk from the gates

As for HHN hours:

they used to have shorter hours on Sunday, Weds & thurs (midnight or 1 pm). I didn’t make it to closing night for any of my dates last year. for some reason thinking they ran until 2 am every night?:confused3 Someone here will know for sure.

If you need to take the boat back to your onsite resort, there is something to be said for departing a bit earlier. Those lines get quite long even with a full complement of boats running.

6:30 pm to 2:00 AM

What sharp eyes you have :teeth:, good catch, I will edit that post haste.:thumbsup2

they have to clear the park of days guests & get the scareactors in place. Often a couple of houses will open early for those already in the park

if you have an AP or buy a stay & scream ticket (extra cost), you are permitted to position yourself into a holding pen/zone bemore 5:00 pm.

Advantages:

*you can try to find a semi comfy place (admittedly few & far between) to chill a bit, as opposed to the standing horde outside the gate.

*often can knock out a house or two before the gates are opened to regular HHN tix holders,
as they do tend to open a house or two a bit early.

*can go deeper into the park (tent house locations) and get a jump on the lines vs those doing a brisk walk from the gates

As for HHN hours:

they used to have shorter hours on Sunday, Weds & thurs (midnight or 1 pm). I didn’t make it to closing night for any of my dates last year. for some reason thinking they ran until 2 am every night?:confused3 Someone here will know for sure.

If you need to take the boat back to your onsite resort, there is something to be said for departing a bit earlier. Those lines get quite long even with a full complement of boats running.
Thanks for the quick reply. Wow 2am...pretty impressive compared to Disney's Halloween party. This will be. our first HHN and it's odd having to learn everything again lol.

45165292-7557-4AA4-B4D2-DC8ADF68FE4F.jpeg
FYI, soundstage 25 is one of the bigger ones they have, believe it held stranger things & TWD in the past

11 houses would be a nice surprise

If 25 is one of the bigger ones then maybe that could be for the rumoured The Last of Us house? I’d imagine they’d need some big set pieces for that one.

I am definitely interested in joining a RIP tour for my visit in September. When do people start organizing private RIP tour groups on the board? Posters mention booking asap as prices generally increase but I do not want to book a public tour and then find out there is a possibility of joining a private group.

I am definitely interested in joining a RIP tour for my visit in September. When do people start organizing private RIP tour groups on the board? Posters mention booking asap as prices generally increase but I do not want to book a public tour and then find out there is a possibility of joining a private group.

From my understanding you can always cancel your public RIP tour if a private pops up. I went ahead and booked a public tour just to lock in the price since I doubt I'll get lucky enough to find a private.

Earlier in the thread, someone had mentioned seeing rumors for Five Nights at Freddy’s as one of the houses this year.

I just saw the teaser trailer for the movie that’s coming out this year, and it made me really hopeful that the rumor ends up being true. I think Universal could do something really awesome with it.

I saw yesterday elsewhere that the Soundstage 25 permit is for something else that isn’t related to HHN.

Still impatiently waiting an announcement. ( For me Chucky doesn’t count- his merchandise was there early last September when I was there). Two questions: When was they latest date that they made a first announcement? Is there any particular time of day when they tend to make announcements?

Two questions: When was they latest date that they made a first announcement? Is there any particular time of day when they tend to make announcements?
Q #1:

last year was pretty late due to the issues they ran into re rights on the one house.

suggest breezing thru the first page of the last few ”official” threads if you are interested…then, come back and let us know

Q #2:

offhand, would suggest 10 - 11 AM EST the average time the last few years for announcements. Don’t quote me though Again, you could tell by looking at the posts in the stickies as to specific release dates, then find the post sharing it as to date/time

Hey all I’m trying to plan a group to go in Oct but haven’t been in a long time. So if I’m reading this right Universal Studios is closed to everyone but those guest having tickets to HHN ? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter