"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this mention in a party strategy post by Becky on Touring Plans, haven’t seen it here that I can recall so thought I’d pass it along, a “hidden” treat spot -

Speaking of that “hidden” location, back in Storybook Circus, you’ll find a bonus treat location that doesn’t show up on the map. That’s because you won’t get the “normal” (or allergy-friendly) treats. Instead, you can find Kind-brand goodies to add to your bag.
Where in Storybook circus is it?

We attended the party this past Tuesday. Some notes to share:

Lined up at the tapstyles around 3:20; there was already a very healthy amount of people; about a third of the tapstyles were ropped off for the party. They started letting people in around 3:50. Cast members were passing out wrist bands immediately after tapping in, so you did not need to go down the bypass except to grab a treat bag.

Line for J&S was already long at 3:55 and a posted wait of 220. Based on how close we were to the tapstyles, this line had to mostly be day guests already in the park.

Overall crowd level seemed that of a normal, busy day. It did not seem like overall crowd changed from 4pm through the night (day guests replaced with party goers).

Wait times for rides were low due to most being in line for meet and greets. This seemed consistent all night, treat lines seemed to drop a little bit after 10pm. Most scoops were pretty generous but was a little surprised how little candy we came home with...more then enough but did not seem the same as others have reported, we did maybe 10 of the stations. Fyi the Tron to Fantasyland (circus) bypass was one-way, leading from Tron.

Got VQ for Tron and was called 10 mins later, quick line, almost a walk on.

Did not find party food to be that impressive...it mainly seemed on par with how QS is at the magic kingdom. I do wish party food would be available earlier, waiting till 7 with entry at 4 was tough. Maybe one of these days Disney IT could figure this out through mobile order

Did enjoy seeing the buildings lit up uniquely for the party (castle, HM, train station, city hall, main street). Mono rail had cool purple/orange moving lights underneath rather then showing the monorail color.

I saw this mention in a party strategy post by Becky on Touring Plans, haven’t seen it here that I can recall so thought I’d pass it along, a “hidden” treat spot -

Speaking of that “hidden” location, back in Storybook Circus, you’ll find a bonus treat location that doesn’t show up on the map. That’s because you won’t get the “normal” (or allergy-friendly) treats. Instead, you can find Kind-brand goodies to add to your bag.
I'm going to have to look for that. Kind Bars (and their granola) are actually one of my favorites.

What is the best parade/show times to watch if you want to optimize rides but still see all the entertainment? I know that there's an earlier and later parade. I'm sure the later parade is going to be more empty so you'd get an easier time viewing the parade, but wouldn't that time (11-12) be the best time for walking onto rides?

What is the best parade/show times to watch if you want to optimize rides but still see all the entertainment? I know that there's an earlier and later parade. I'm sure the later parade is going to be more empty so you'd get an easier time viewing the parade, but wouldn't that time (11-12) be the best time for walking onto rides?
I go to the earlier parades and shows, mainly because I've been at parties where the later shows got canceled. I just figure it's better to get it done early.

If you are only so-so about missing a show or parade then it is less crowded at the later shows.

I’ll add that the buses had special announcements and Halloween music the night of the party which was a nice touch!
Cool! But, speaking of the buses, some of our family staying at OKW will have cars.

Would it be recommended to drive to MK for the party so it is easier to get back to the resort when it's late?

Where in Storybook circus is it?

The post did not say, and I haven’t yet been, so I don’t know. I plan to try to find it when I am there next week. If I do, I will post back unless someone else shares where it is.

I'm going to have to look for that. Kind Bars (and their granola) are actually one of my favorites.
The secret location is by the Train Station in Storybook Circus. Deni posted it in her vlog. They seemed very stingy when giving her candy at this location compared to the full scoops and multiple treat stop locations. It should be queued up to 42:18:

If there is a dining issue with an ILL or VQ. Always prioritize the dining. It is far easier for CMs to accommodate a late return for a ride, than a late arrival for dining.

I'd do the earlier parade and shows. We were able to get a nice spot around 8:50-8:55 across from Caseys- not in the Main Street area but kind of back in the taped off area along the side wall there. We stood at the front of the taped off area and that meant we were farther back but with an empty space in front of us where people weren't allowed to stand at Main Street so we could see Main Street fine. We got there just before 9, kids sat on the wall while we took turns running to the bathroom, then got in position and the headless horseman rode a few minutes later. It was quite perfect. Then later in the night lines were even better than earlier- HM and 7DMT both said 25 minutes around 11:20 but they were pretty much walk ons. We had time for a couple of more rides after we split up for those!

Cool! But, speaking of the buses, some of our family staying at OKW will have cars.

Would it be recommended to drive to MK for the party so it is easier to get back to the resort when it's late?

I'm not sure that there would really be an advantage to driving since you have to park at the TTC and either take the ferry or monorail back over at the end of the night. The lines for those will be just as long, if not longer, than the bus lines.

I'm not sure that there would really be an advantage to driving since you have to park at the TTC and either take the ferry or monorail back over at the end of the night. The lines for those will be just as long, if not longer, than the bus lines.
Thanks! Good point!

Question for vets, as this is our first time going to any party: Do you plan to do MK another day during your trip, or do you make your party night your MK day? We're going down for a long weekend from 9/22-25 (3 day stay basically). We have the tix for the party the night of the 22nd, doing EPCOT the 23rd, and trying to decide if we go back to MK for a "normal" day, or do AK.

Question for vets, as this is our first time going to any party: Do you plan to do MK another day during your trip, or do you make your party night your MK day? We're going down for a long weekend from 9/22-25 (3 day stay basically). We have the tix for the party the night of the 22nd, doing EPCOT the 23rd, and trying to decide if we go back to MK for a "normal" day, or do AK.
In a long weekend scenario, I would make the party your MK day, so you can do something else on the other 2 days. Unless you're not interested in going to AK or HS.

For anyone who has gone to the party this year, do they still have the live pirates on POTC? I was looking forward to that but had heard that they were not doing it this year.

For anyone who has gone to the party this year, do they still have the live pirates on POTC? I was looking forward to that but had heard that they were not doing it this year.
In the live streams they showed them roaming the area around POTC, but they are not in the ride queue

We always do another day at MK, this trip is 2 parties and a MK day. It really depends on which park is more important to you and your family and how much you want to do at MK. If you do the party things, characters, treats, castle show, dance parties, fireworks and parade, there isn't much time for rides. It just comes down to personal preference. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter