"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone who has gone on Halloween night and another night, share if the atmosphere is any different on Halloween? We went in August and were surprised by how it didn't feel like Halloween compared to parties in 2019 and before - the music was general rock music I could hear on the radio with a few Halloween songs mixed in, and decorations were mostly on Main Street. The decorations could have been because of the hurricane that night. In fact the hurricane could have been a big factor in it feeling weird...so I'm hoping someone can report on the vibe on the streets for the parties now that it's October. We're supposed to attend 3 parties at the end of the month, but the whole family is struggling to say if we really want to go.

3 parties is...a lot but I'd do that too if I could! I guess it depends on your priorities. I love the Halloween parties and have done 2 party nights but not 3. We have been many times on Halloween and did not notice any difference between Halloween and non Halloween nights. We have never though gone earlier than mid Oct.

How packed are the fireworks? Considering doing a desert party because I get very anxious in tightly packed spots and also because I’m wondering if a package might get us a better spot for my 4 yr old to be able to see. Has anyone done one? How are the views?

Can anyone who has gone on Halloween night and another night, share if the atmosphere is any different on Halloween? We went in August and were surprised by how it didn't feel like Halloween compared to parties in 2019 and before - the music was general rock music I could hear on the radio with a few Halloween songs mixed in, and decorations were mostly on Main Street. The decorations could have been because of the hurricane that night. In fact the hurricane could have been a big factor in it feeling weird...so I'm hoping someone can report on the vibe on the streets for the parties now that it's October. We're supposed to attend 3 parties at the end of the month, but the whole family is struggling to say if we really want to go.
How long are you staying? Can you change one of those to a Christmas party? 2 parties would be my max over 7+ days spaced out (maybe Sun and then a Fri?). It is tiring as you have to stand and wait for parades fireworks show trick or treat etc.

We did one party back in 2018/19 and didn’t feel the urge to go back until now.

How packed are the fireworks? Considering doing a desert party because I get very anxious in tightly packed spots and also because I’m wondering if a package might get us a better spot for my 4 yr old to be able to see. Has anyone done one? How are the views?
If you can stay in 1 spot 45 mins before, I would stand by the railings near Adventureland side of the hub (not dead center). I’ll see if I can find the video which shows that angle. Fireworks are in the sky and if you stand on the white line (requires standing) OR behind a rail there won’t be anyone infront of you.

The dessert party is very time consuming but the view is pretty good. We were told no one can lift kids so some still had a bad view (wish they would allow the kids upfront next to the rails while adults stand on the grass. We were never told to move up to the rails on NYE week (this was enchantment). Great view for adults, still obstructed view for kids.

How long are you staying? Can you change one of those to a Christmas party? 2 parties would be my max over 7+ days spaced out (maybe Sun and then a Fri?). It is tiring as you have to stand and wait for parades fireworks show trick or treat etc.

We did one party back in 2018/19 and didn’t feel the urge to go back until now.
We're there for 6 days, and the parties will be our only time in the MK. We don't celebrate Christmas so that's not really a great option. We can skip a party and use the ticket cost for a future special event, but that would probably just be next year's Halloween party for us.

Merch question - are there either MNSSHP long-sleeve t-shirts or just general Halloween ones in the shops? Not spirit jerseys, just regular long sleeve tees. It’s looking like it could be cool at night next weekend, and I’m trying to decide whether to find something ahead of time or just plan on picking something up there.

ETA: interested in both adult and kid sizes. We have budget for souvenirs, not super concerned about that, but don’t want to be uncomfortable after the sun goes down.

Last edited:
The one thing I wish I could find is either a black or white hoodie. Not a zip up. Why is that so difficult to find anywhere??

MNSSHP Updates
Hi! I’m making plans to attend MNSSHP later this month and was wondering if anyone knows what time the following things become available to the party attendees. We have an annual pass, so will likely go in around 3:30pm to get a head start, and I’m wondering how much we can do before the official party starts at 7:00pm. Eg., Sounds like you can line up for Jack and Sally around 4pm (or a bit later for the 7 Dwarfs) and possibly see them before 7pm. So, what time do the following things actually become available?
- Get wrist bands and first trick or treat bag and candy?
- Order special MNSSHP exclusive foods (eg., the Terrifying Chicken Sandwich).
- Purchase exclusive merchandise (eg, limited release MNSSHP pins).
- Line up for/see Halloween Mickey, Minnie etc, and pirate Goofy in their party costumes?
- Get photos with the special magic shots for the party (eg., the Headless Horeseman shot)?
- Dance at the Zom-Beatz Bash dance party in Tomorrowland? (Looks from above like this doesn’t start until 7?)
- Ride Space Mountain and Tea Cups with their special MNSSHP ride overlays.
Which (if any) of these begins before 7pm, and any idea what time they start? Thank you!

Hi! I’m making plans to attend MNSSHP later this month and was wondering if anyone knows what time the following things become available to the party attendees. We have an annual pass, so will likely go in around 3:30pm to get a head start, and I’m wondering how much we can do before the official party starts at 7:00pm. Eg., Sounds like you can line up for Jack and Sally around 4pm (or a bit later for the 7 Dwarfs) and possibly see them before 7pm. So, what time do the following things actually become available?
- Get wrist bands and first trick or treat bag and candy?
- Order special MNSSHP exclusive foods (eg., the Terrifying Chicken Sandwich).
- Purchase exclusive merchandise (eg, limited release MNSSHP pins).
- Line up for/see Halloween Mickey, Minnie etc, and pirate Goofy in their party costumes?
- Get photos with the special magic shots for the party (eg., the Headless Horeseman shot)?
- Dance at the Zom-Beatz Bash dance party in Tomorrowland? (Looks from above like this doesn’t start until 7?)
- Ride Space Mountain and Tea Cups with their special MNSSHP ride overlays.
Which (if any) of these begins before 7pm, and any idea what time they start? Thank you!
Everything on your list starts at 7pm except wrist band distribution which starts at 4pm. Some character meet and greets start earlier than 7 - I didn't do them due to the very long lines so I am not sure what time they do begin.

Everything on your list starts at 7pm except wrist band distribution which starts at 4pm. Some character meet and greets start earlier than 7 - I didn't do them due to the very long lines so I am not sure what time they do begin.
Thanks! That’s a big help!
I’ve heard Jack/Sally, 7 Dwarfs, and Pooh+friends may start early. Has anyone heard of others starting before 7pm?

We went last week.

Wristband distribution was at 4pm onwards with the first treat station of the night (you’ll be funnelled to the right of the castle to get it) but no other treat station opened up until 7pm

Mickey meet and greet before 7pm is in his regular outfit, after 7pm in his Halloween outfit

Sally and Jack line was already in full motion when I passed by around 4.30pm

Mickey skeleton popcorn bucket was available at the popcorn stand to the right (towards Tomorrowland) if you’re facing the castle

i heard some rock music around Adventureland inc Welcome to the Jungle

dont remember seeing any long sleeve MNSSHP tops but I may have missed them

Thanks! That’s a big help!
I’ve heard Jack/Sally, 7 Dwarfs, and Pooh+friends may start early. Has anyone heard of others starting before 7pm?
Jack and Sally start around 3:50/4/4:15 but if you want to see them, it is advisable to wait outside the entrance (with regular party ticketed guests) by 2:30/3 to hopefully see J&S with a shorter line. For 7 Dwarves, people begin lining up around 4/4:30 but they don’t come out until around 6/6:30. For Pooh & Friends, I’ve heard people start lining up around 5:15/5:30 but they don’t come out until 6:30. All the other Halloween M&Gs start at/after 7!

If I am already in the park, what do you all think is the best way to get a wristband to then get in line for J&S? I don’t see Town Hall listed as a distribution spot this year and I’m not sure what my best course of action would be. Going as Corpse Bride and anxiously wanting the photo with the NBC duo! I have read all 93 pages of the thread but most suggestions seem to deal with when to line up outside of the gates, not what to do if already inside and at what time.

Last edited:
I don’t know where I saw this anymore (I have a note that I’ve been randomly adding to as I see things), but I saw somewhere that Stitch starts meeting at 6:30 - anyone know if this is accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter