• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Re: Dining reservations… Doesn’t a sit-down meal eat into precious MNSSHP time? What do you all normally do for meals? We were planning to just do quick service. Hopefully mobile ordering is available during the party.
Sit down meals definitely take up time, and back when you got special meals (2008) it was worth it. These days because of my allergies (which makes counter service risky) we do a 2pm last lunch reservation of the day sit down meal at one of the monorail resorts. Typically we finish around 3:30/4:00, just in time to get into the park. Grand Floridan Cafe is great for this, but I'm hoping to try Steakhouse 71 to our next trip. The trick is to eat enough 'lunch' to keep you from getting too hungry during the party when restaurants are closed but not to overeat and feel gross in the heat. For us, that's usually a high protein salad.

Sit down meals definitely take up time, and back when you got special meals (2008) it was worth it. These days because of my allergies (which makes counter service risky) we do a 2pm last lunch reservation of the day sit down meal at one of the monorail resorts. Typically we finish around 3:30/4:00, just in time to get into the park. Grand Floridan Cafe is great for this, but I'm hoping to try Steakhouse 71 to our next trip. The trick is to eat enough 'lunch' to keep you from getting too hungry during the party when restaurants are closed but not to overeat and feel gross in the heat. For us, that's usually a high protein salad.
That sounds like a great plan.

We are doing the Cape May Cafe breakfast on our MNSSHP day. We will do a late breakfast/brunch and hope to not be ready to eat again until the normal dinner hour.

Re: Dining reservations… Doesn’t a sit-down meal eat into precious MNSSHP time? What do you all normally do for meals? We were planning to just do quick service. Hopefully mobile ordering is available during the party.

We're planning a late lunch at Whispering Canyon (all you can eat skillets!) then we'll just grab a snack if we get hungry during the party.

This is pretty much what we do on a party day and don't really eat much during the party, maybe a snack or tuck in some protein bars in our bag.

I think we did the Wave once before a party and maybe even a 3:30 'Ohana. I can't remember. Another year I think we were in the park before the party using a day ticket from our hopper (to enjoy the low crowds!) and did Skipper Canteen.

I would vote for Steakhouse 71! We did lunch on arrival day once since our room wasn't ready at Coronado and we weren't going into the parks. Can't wait to visit that one again. Before MNSSHP sounds perfect :)

Just an FYI STK71 took an hour and 45 mins (with desserts to go) at 5 pm and we almost missed our SDMT Genie+ pass. In the past their service was much better and faster. They do have Tofutti ice cream and were very accommodating for allergies (their chocolate cake is made in house and with no nuts.) NYE week the food quality was considerably better vs spring break (overly salty and bad cut of meat). The GF can’t beat their custom cakes on pricing and decorations.

We’ve done Ohana pre pandemic. We skipped it for most of our post pandemic trips because it was really bad. We tried it on our Dec trip and most of the meal was really good (pot stickers, noodles, shrimp and chicken) and we got to try the now secret peanut sauce. The steak was just as bad as before and was inedible even when we asked for medium.

Not sure about Tron, but SDMT was standby last year for MNSSHP. It has never had a VQ, ILL and standby only.

The steak was just as bad as before and was inedible even when we asked for medium.
I’m a steak eater and indulge in a nice medium-rare ribeye every few months. I’d like to try a WDW steakhouse on our MNSSHP trip but I’m scared it will be wildly disappointing.

I'm super excited to attend my first MNSSHP! I am a west coaster and usually do the Oogie Boogie Bash - and in fact I'll be doing that too in October this year - so I'm excited to 'compare' the two events.

Our last park day is the 11th, and we already have reservations for MK that day - no need to leave! I am wondering - are there lockers in DMK where we can put our costumes for the day until we're ready for them? If so - where?

I dress as Merida - long red hair wig and crown and dress! I speak in a horribly broad Scottish accent, and when I see King John and the Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood, I give them a piece of my mind! Then I ask the King how his mother is, and he sucks his thumb. Super funny.

Oh, another question - we don't have ADRs for the evening (just for brunch at Crystal Palace) that day, so what QS restaurants are usually open during the party? We've never been to WDW, and we're excited to try different places to eat.

Not going to be wearing a costume but hope to get two great Halloween t shirts for me and DH. I already got some orange and black mouse ears from Shop Disney - last years but who cares! This is going to be so much fun!

I’m a steak eater and indulge in a nice medium-rare ribeye every few months. I’d like to try a WDW steakhouse on our MNSSHP trip but I’m scared it will be wildly disappointing.
Topolinos would be my choice for atmosphere (can view Epcot fireworks)+great appetizers and steak (but the price is double STK71). Post pandemic they were still good in 2020 but the two times we went in 2021 they had chewy bad cuts of meat (Space220 was the worst). We now go for breakfast at Topolinos and the steak can be over cooked at breakfast but it’s a good cut. We tried CRT twice in 2022 and the steak was really good (mussels were an BOG entree size.)

STK71 improved this past Dec. We had mediocre triple salted steaks earlier in 2022. Service is super slow so do budget 2 hours. Their crab cakes are still overly salty but bread and French onion soup are highly recommended. We take a slice of chocolate cake to go if we have a late dinner. For the price and location (easy walk to Mk) STK71 can’t be beat.

Topolinos would be my choice for atmosphere (can view Epcot fireworks)+great appetizers and steak (but the price is double STK71). Post pandemic they were still good in 2020 but the two times we went in 2021 they had chewy bad cuts of meat (Space220 was the worst). We now go for breakfast at Topolinos and the steak can be over cooked at breakfast but it’s a good cut. We tried CRT twice in 2022 and the steak was really good (mussels were an BOG entree size.)

STK71 improved this past Dec. We had mediocre triple salted steaks earlier in 2022. Service is super slow so do budget 2 hours. Their crab cakes are still overly salty but bread and French onion soup are highly recommended. We take a slice of chocolate cake to go if we have a late dinner. For the price and location (easy walk to Mk) STK71 can’t be beat.
Have you tried the Yachtsman at the Yacht Club.

Not going to be wearing a costume but hope to get two great Halloween t shirts for me and DH. I already got some orange and black mouse ears from Shop Disney - last years but who cares! This is going to be so much fun!
I remember Disney sold some costume t shirts a few years back that had a small cape and were reasonably priced (but all polyester). There was a Haunted Mansion costume shirt for women and men that was better quality.

We’re probably going to wear our pirate costumes (cotton costume t shirts for adults; full costumes for kids).

Does anyone have an idea when they’ll release the food options? I find it surprising they’ve showed some Christmas event food options but not any for the Halloween event.

Does anyone have an idea when they’ll release the food options? I find it surprising they’ve showed some Christmas event food options but not any for the Halloween event.

Probably not until just before the party or even that first night. The Christmas items they've shown are for the new HS party and they are likely trying to drum up interest for that.

My daughter (7) and I will be going to our first MNSSHP in September and just decided our costumes!

Going to do Mike & Sulley - with tutus to make it girly 🤩
She wanted to do Ariel & Ursula, but figured there would be 100s of mermaids wandering around.
Plus I'm much more a Sulley than an Ursula 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter