"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

I'm on pins and needles...

My 50th birthday is 10/16, but since my "annual" trip this year has been moved to December, I won't be going to WDW for my birthday for the first time in 13 years...

...but...

...I planned out a "no-park" trip that is only 3 nights and spans my birthday! I put together a budget and I am certainly able to save up enough to bring my DH with me. He hasn't been to WDW since 2018 so the "no-parks" idea is a bit of a downer since he has never seen Pandora, Galaxy's Edge or Guardians. He was done with the parks so I have been going with my BFF (or one of my daughters) for the past 6 years. This is my plan to ease him back in to WDW and maybe get him to go a little more often...and buy more DVC points!

Based on the flights (tied to SW since that's where my points get me a free ride), we would arrive around 6pm Tuesday, attend the party Wednesday, and then have Thursday to recover and do "non-park" stuff, and our return flight departs at 9am Friday. In order for this plan to even have a chance to come to fruition, it all hinges on whether or not there will be a MNSSHP on October 16.

I am eagerly waiting this announcement...

My birthday is also Oct. 16, but 55 this year for me. I too would LOVE to spend my birthday at MNSSHP! Maybe we'll run into each other!

the announcement was super mario world portal, and they do it nice and early in the morning, so they don't keep people waiting all day and gives writers a chance to spit out articles in time

Disney, take note
I saw that Blog Mickey is speculating that they want to announce the opening date for Tiana's first...so maybe they'll drop that today/tomorrow and we get Halloween content next week...?

I saw that Blog Mickey is speculating that they want to announce the opening date for Tiana's first...so maybe they'll drop that today/tomorrow and we get Halloween content next week...?
I have a feeling they will either announce Tiana today or sometime next week (around Earning Day on May 7th).

I have to say I'm pretty shocked no announcement by today.

With no special halfway to Halloween and no announcement of dates yet it does make me wonder if they are scaling it back.
Or perhaps they are trying to make it more "exclusive" by hyping up the anticipation and then raising prices to the extent that many people feel that they cannot afford it and feel like they are missing out and those that can afford it will praise the low crowd levels.

I've been a number of times now and don't plan to go anymore. I already know what I'll be "missing" so it doesn't bother me that much to feel priced out.

I'm just wanting them to announce dates so I can work my park days around it.

I don't think that the delayed release really means anything. They have announced the MNSSHP in mid-May in previous years. I honestly think they just haven't announced it yet. I think the delay is being read into way to much and that they will announce when they are ready. Specially now that most people don't need park pass reservations, there is no urgency.

I don't think that the delayed release really means anything. They have announced the MNSSHP in mid-May in previous years. I honestly think they just haven't announced it yet. I think the delay is being read into way to much and that they will announce when they are ready. Specially now that most people don't need park pass reservations, there is no urgency.
Yeah, but I'm only in town for two days and need to know which day I'm going to NSS and which day I'm going to HHN! :-)

I'm not shocked it's the quietest day on Disney Park Blogs (not 1 new post today as 11:42AM EST), people are probably obsessed and drooling over the universal super mario portal post, all these "mickey mouse (expression)" blogs they have been releasing this whole week would go next to unnoticed, so best save them for tomorrow

I agree. People like to speculate that it’s because of this announcement or that announcement. But in the end, we’ll never really know. It’ll happen when it happens.

DL got their Halloween start date today and some small Halloween announcements. Pushed out with their ticket deal announcement (tickets through early sept so covers Halloween time) and new hotel discounts, not pushed out under any sort of Halfway to Halloween announcement. No party announcement or party info yet for them though.

I 100% agree. I think the speculation is kinda funny. I get wanting to know since I will be there in September, but I just don't think it is as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. It's not really late or anything.

good news to hear DL got a start time for Halloween, WDW should follow soon

and a really good sign is that DL has never had an August date before, this will be the first year. That bolds well for the rumored Aug 9 date for WDW and to have a lot of dates lined up

Just saw this on the Disney World app:

Magic Kingdom Park
• Throughout the day, Halloween cavalcades will travel the parade route down Main Street, U.S.A. You may see Mickey and all his pals dressed up in their most festive costumes!
• On special days, you may witness a Disney Villains cavalcade or a "Nightmare" of a procession down Main Street, U.S.A., led by the Pumpkin King, Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas!
• The Dapper Dans, or "Cadaver Dans" as they'll be known this Halloween Season, will be performing their haunting tunes daily.

The fall season may be a bit different at Walt Disney World Resort this year, but we're going to welcome back the “spookiest” of seasons the best we can! So, jump in and enjoy the fun the season has to offer!

Has anyone heard anything? I hope there's still a party this year.

Magic Kingdom Park
• Throughout the day, Halloween cavalcades will travel the parade route down Main Street, U.S.A. You may see Mickey and all his pals dressed up in their most festive costumes!
• On special days, you may witness a Disney Villains cavalcade or a "Nightmare" of a procession down Main Street, U.S.A., led by the Pumpkin King, Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas!
• The Dapper Dans, or "Cadaver Dans" as they'll be known this Halloween Season, will be performing their haunting tunes daily.

The fall season may be a bit different at Walt Disney World Resort this year, but we're going to welcome back the “spookiest” of seasons the best we can! So, jump in and enjoy the fun the season has to offer!
Was that from 2020 having been sent out in error?

Magic Kingdom Park

Where in the app? I'm not seeing anything

Magic Kingdom Park

Now, I'm curious about many things. Cadaver Dans during the park day? I'm not against it, but does that mean they will be in costume on Main Street? Are they going to be in Frontierland all day?

I can't imagine they'll not do the party this year. Between the fireworks, the stage shows, the parade, and everything else, fans will be in an uproar if they retire the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter