"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

There is high demand for the first party and a couple years ago Disney figured out they could charge a lot more for it than the other august parties. Every disney blogger and influencer must be at the first party reviewing it or they risk losing viewers. Social Media folks aside some people just like being the first to experience the party.

There is nothing different or special about the first party vs all the others as far as the actual party goes.
My wife and I ordered tickets for the first party in August. We have never done any WDW party. Maybe we have to become a social media influencer (a legend in our own mind) and join the rest of the crew. :)

I have nothing bad to say about social media influencers or bloggers. I only know a few because my wife watches 2 or 3 channels. If she sees Chris Provost (and I know he primarily does DLR) she may cry and try to hug him. She calls him the Mr. Rogers of Disney. That's quite a compliment because Fred Rogers might be one of the five most influential people ever in television.

My wife and I ordered tickets for the first party in August. We have never done any WDW party. Maybe we have to become a social media influencer (a legend in our own mind) and join the rest of the crew. :)

I have nothing bad to say about social media influencers or bloggers. I only know a few because my wife watches 2 or 3 channels. If she sees Chris Provost (and I know he primarily does DLR) she may cry and try to hug him. She calls him the Mr. Rogers of Disney. That's quite a compliment because Fred Rogers might be one of the five most influential people ever in television.
I love Chris! I was addicted to his "Disney world tour" last summer, and looking forward to his WDW hotel marathon this year.

And to keep this on topic, I got my tickets for Oct 3 ($169 each, no DVC discount). The system wouldn't let me use multiple forms of payment, but it seemed super glitchy at 6:15 am. I have the confirmation emails and it's in MDE, so I should be good.

It is $149 for August 9 (first night) and $119 for August 13. Those are the only dates I’ve tried to see so far. The reports of split day issues scared me from linking my other reservations. DVC and AP discount both knock off $10 per ticket.
Edited to add: Ages 3-9 is also $10 less than the prices shown below which is for Disney adults.
IMG_0377.png

I read the first 3 posts -- I'm lasered focused here Moderators. But, I have some MNSSP questions for the more experienced party attendees.

1.) The snacks on post 3 appear to be related to the 2023 party? Does WDW announce new counter service menu items or snacks as the party approaches? And, if so, is it one grand announcement or do they slow roll the announced snacks and menu items for the party?

2.) My DW is dying (pun intended) to see the "Dead" Dans sing. Do they roam about Frontierland (like they do on Main St. during the day) or are they stationary above the pathway connecting Frontierland to Adventureland (adjacent to CBMJ f/k/a CBJ) like I saw in a party video?

Please see the posts on page one.

If the information has been moved now that this year’s dates have been announced, click the post to last yes’s party as all of that information is listed there.
Thanks. Took a while but I found the info. I got lost reading all the other great information for about 30 minutes.

If anyone wants to see when last year’s dates sold out, I’m copy and pasting it here for your quick reference.

2023 dates listed below and the dates they sold out in parenthesis:

2023 Sold Out Dates: 8/11 (8/7), 8/15 (7/25), 8/18 (8/1), 8/22 (8/3), 8/25 (8/3), 8/29 (8/10), 9/1 (8/10), 9/4 (8/14), 9/8 (8/11), 9/10 (8/17), 9/12 (8/14), 9/15 (8/6), 9/17 (8/11), 9/19 (9/6), 9/22 (8/21), 9/24 (8/28), 9/26 (9/6), 9/28 (9/17), 9/29(9/6), 10/1 (9/6), 10/3 (9/18?), 10/5 (9/16), 10/6 (9/8), 10/9 (9/4), 10/10 (9/4), 10/12 (9/2), 10/13 (9/11), 10/15 (9/8), 10/17 (9/8), 10/19 (9/18?), 10/20(9/22?), 10/22 (9/18?), 10/24 (9/17), 10/26 (9/17), 10/27 (9/22), 10/29 (9/22), 10/31 (7/3), 11/1 (9/29)

I read the first 3 posts -- I'm lasered focused here Moderators. But, I have some MNSSP questions for the more experienced party attendees.

1.) The snacks on post 3 appear to be related to the 2023 party? Does WDW announce new counter service menu items or snacks as the party approaches? And, if so, is it one grand announcement or do they slow roll the announced snacks and menu items for the party?

2.) My DW is dying (pun intended) to see the "Dead" Dans sing. Do they roam about Frontierland (like they do on Main St. during the day) or are they stationary above the pathway connecting Frontierland to Adventureland (adjacent to CBMJ f/k/a CBJ) like I saw in a party video?
I can answer #2!!!

When we were at the party last year we saw them up on the roof top area where sometimes the bears are from the Jamboree singing up there! They might have roamed their way there, but we only saw them singing up top the building and they were fantastic all dressed up!!

We got our 3 tickets this morning for the Aug 16th date!! :jumping1:

Last edited:

To answer #1, yes they will one have a big announcement closer to the start, thats shows whats new and where to find it

So tickets are live and I have a question. It shows DVC pricing since we are going in September. We are DVC members but we shouldn't be eligble for discounts since we bought resale and are not grandfathered in. It will allow me to pruchase those tickets but for a $10 savings I don't want to run into an issue. Anyone know if it's just a blip in the system?
Are you also AP holders? I'm DVC (no blue card) and an AP holder, and the system is notorious for giving me the DVC discount instead of the AP discount off of things like parties, food and beverage, merchandise, etc. (The discounts are identical anyway). I've never had a problem. Either way, I'd just purchase it and not worry about it, they're not going to void your tickets.

Wow, for our Oct 11 date it is actually cheaper to buy a day ticket that day than a party ticket. I think I will just do that—too hard for kids to stay up late and the theme park is always low waits on party days

Do the auxiliary wristband locations close down at some point throughout the night? We might be arriving late to the party (late meaning after 7) and wondering where the shortest wristband line will be at that point or if the main entrance will be the only option.

We are looking at September 20th or 22nd. Do you happen to know the pricing for these and if not what was the pricing for your September party? Thanks!
Is that DVC pricing by any chance?
Yes Here is the DVC pricing for the 20th. I think they were all the same for those Sept dates.

Just add 10$ per ticket for the non DVC price

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.34.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.34.19 AM.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter