"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

So... My wife wants to see the Halloween decorations AND the Christmas decorations.
If we go to MNSSHP on 10/31/24 and then hit MK the next day is this a possibility?
I have heard they change the decorations overnight after the last MNSSHP.
We have gone the week right after halloween, attending the last Halloween party and staying for a week (the last party was 11/1 or 11/2 that year). There were 2-3 days with no decorations before Christmas started slowly appearing. We could have done a Christmas party later in the week, but we like the Halloween party better.

So... My wife wants to see the Halloween decorations AND the Christmas decorations.
If we go to MNSSHP on 10/31/24 and then hit MK the next day is this a possibility?
I have heard they change the decorations overnight after the last MNSSHP.
We did a Halloween trip last year. We saw the big Christmas tree in pieces on a flat bed truck parked outside of our hotel on 10/28. On 10/31 they were building the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian lobby. On 11/1 there were no Christmas decorations in MK, (there was a Halloween Party that night) but there was a ton of holiday merchandise in stores. So I'd think you need to stay a couple of weeks to make her wish come true.

I cant seem to find prices for AAA party tickets. Anybody have any luck with that? Tried calling, but line has been busy,busy...

thanks!

I cant seem to find prices for AAA party tickets. Anybody have any luck with that? Tried calling, but line has been busy,busy...

thanks!
I was coming on to ask the same thing! They're still not live on the AAA website. For anyone who has purchased them in years past, do you recall when they went on sale? Part of me wants to wait it out, and part of me wants to get our tickets locked in!

My employer offers travel discounts through a site called perkspot.com. They’re offering “up to $10 off” on mnsshp

If I look for 10/4, they list a price of $183 vs $189 through WDW. But…they also don’t seem to be charging any tax? I went all the way to checkout and the grand total comes out to:

$183 on perk spot
$201.29 on WDW

I’m a little skeptical that they wouldn’t charge taxes, but I may buy 1 ticket to see how it goes.

Disney Vacation Club Member Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - September 24, 2024​

for eligible Disney Vacation Club Members
2 x Ages 10+ ($139.00/ticket)
$278.00
Tax
$18.08
Subtotal
$296.08USD

Um, that's from 7pm to 12 midnight , that's a lot of money just to walk around.

Disney Vacation Club Member Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - September 24, 2024​

$278.00
Tax
$18.08
Subtotal
$296.08USD

Same price for Passholders.

$278.00
Tax
$18.08
Subtotal
$296.08USD

Not disagreeing on it being expensive, but I believe you can get in at 4pm

I decided not to buy through a broker. In exchange for the 30 dollar savings for three tickets, there will be no shot of getting a refund if the party is rained out but not cancelled.

I hope to go no matter the weather but I have been literally trapped in MK by a terrible slow rolling thunderstorm . If we spend more than a half hour unable to ride or trick or treat or enjoy anything I will be trying to get at least a partial credit. Disney likely can do nothing for me if I didn't buy from them.

I decided not to buy through a broker. In exchange for the 30 dollar savings for three tickets, there will be no shot of getting a refund if the party is rained out but not cancelled.

I hope to go no matter the weather but I have been literally trapped in MK by a terrible slow rolling thunderstorm . If we spend more than a half hour unable to ride or trick or treat or enjoy anything I will be trying to get at least a partial credit. Disney likely can do nothing for me if I didn't buy from them.
That may actually be a good point. I was going to compare AAA prices when they get them, but i wonder if anyone who has got tickets from a party was treated the same as a disney ticket holder or different in this case. The tickets were, after all released by disney one way or the other.

It's been a while for us also, but in 2011 we went Election Day week and saw the transformation at some point (and it was really cool!) We didn't get there in time for Halloween, but did see fall decorations one day and woke up and went to MK the next and it was Christmas!

I just looked it up, we would have probably arrived around November 4th or 5th that year since Election Day was on the 8th.
That makes sense! I should have clarified - we went back on November 1 expecting the Christmas to be up because we had also read it happened overnight, but that wasn't the case. It seems it would be difficult to do that given the park is open later on October 31 for the party!

That may actually be a good point. I was going to compare AAA prices when they get them, but i wonder if anyone who has got tickets from a party was treated the same as a disney ticket holder or different in this case. The tickets were, after all released by disney one way or the other.

This is a really good point and is making me reconsider. I found this thread from 2020 where people had massive issues getting refunds from 3rd party brokers

https://www.disboards.com/threads/question-regarding-ticket-refunds-working-advantage.3798737/

I can get a 5-6% discount just using gift cards anyway…for the October dates - that’s the same $10 discount.

This is a really good point and is making me reconsider. I found this thread from 2020 where people had massive issues getting refunds from 3rd party brokers

https://www.disboards.com/threads/question-regarding-ticket-refunds-working-advantage.3798737/

I can get a 5-6% discount just using gift cards anyway…for the October dates - that’s the same $10 discount.
Ok so good plan. Get my discounted disney GC for it (target if you can ir bjs) then just use those to buy them.

Undercover Tourist’s website says they’re selling $199 party tickets for $185 (as an example). https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-ticket/ The refund policy is listed as the same for party tickets as for regular theme park tickets. Apart from the $14 savings, this flexibility is an advantage, since you can get a 95% refund up until the day before the party date — as opposed to Disney, which basically doesn’t give refunds (unless they cancel the party themselves). I’ve used UT for theme park tickets several times without any issues.

I bought 4 tickets for the 31st through the Disney website, Undercover Tourist actually is about $21 more in total when I just checked on their site.
Disney price per ticket for 10/31 with tax is $211.94
Undercover Tourist price per ticket for 10/31 with tax is $217.24.

Last edited:
Undercover Tourist does have $9 off tickets as well. Does anyone know if their normal return policy (95% back) applies?

There are some conflicting answers in last years thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...n-party-lets-get-spooky.3914237/post-64778378

In 2022, we had to leave early and missed a party due to Hurricane Ian coming in. The party was not cancelled but Ian hit the next day and my family didn't feel comfortable staying in Orlando. So we went home early. I bought our tickets from Undercover Tourist and they gave me a 95% refund. I called them when we were driving home. I buy all of my theme park tickets from UT - Universal, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, Disney.

I bought 4 tickets for the 31st through the Disney website, Undercover Tourist actually is about $21 more in total when I just checked on their site.
Disney price per ticket for 10/31 with tax is $211.94
Undercover Tourist price per ticket for 10/31 with tax is $217.24.
That’s odd. When I checked Undercover Tourist just now for 10/29, the tickets are $202.18 with tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter