• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I don't see any availability at the Deluxes Sun-Thursday during the Presidents day week. Is it reasonable to assume full hotels = no AP rates for that week? I might plan less days at Universal if it's going to be crowded and we will not have passes.

Thanks.

I don't see any availability at the Deluxes Sun-Thursday during the Presidents day week. Is it reasonable to assume full hotels = no AP rates for that week? I might plan less days at Universal if it's going to be crowded and we will not have passes.

Thanks.
Rates stopped before Presidents’ Day on the last drop of AP rates. There are a few of us here anxiously waiting/hoping for them.

At this point, I'm checking every hour LOL

I’m thinking I do remember once on A past trip checking it in the morning and then later that day someone posting on here that there were rates available for X day and I was like what I just checked this morning so yeah I’ve been checking at least twice a day

on another note Ive been thinking about it lately, I usually use a travel agent just because she’s family and I used to book all my trips on my own in the past and I’ve noticed since she’s been booking my trips it seems as though I’m getting less of my requests fulfilled….. do you think there’s anything to that?

There appear to be AP rates through Feb 17th. Unfortunately I also need the 18th, so that is screwing everything up. I need to check-in on Feb 12th and out on Feb 19th. That one day on it's own is crazy expensive.

I’m thinking I do remember once on A past trip checking it in the morning and then later that day someone posting on here that there were rates available for X day and I was like what I just checked this morning so yeah I’ve been checking at least twice a day

on another note Ive been thinking about it lately, I usually use a travel agent just because she’s family and I used to book all my trips on my own in the past and I’ve noticed since she’s been booking my trips it seems as though I’m getting less of my requests fulfilled….. do you think there’s anything to that?
I'm not sure. I've only used a travel agent once myself and that was for Disney World. I prefer booking things myself because I feel like I have more time to be vigilant LOL

Thanks.

That is what it shows now, but don't lose hope. If and when APH rates _do_ come out for that week, some people will shift around their current reservations (e.g., from a premium with no APH rooms, to a value one that does have them, etc.), which may open up some rooms in the deluxes, which may then get offered at APH rates at some point. It's always a moving target.

Last time we went to Universal (in August), we wanted one of the very limited handful of deluxe 2-queen rooms at HRH. We booked one 6 months ahead and APH rates came out 2-3 months later, by which time all of the rooms in that category were booked, so no APH rate was offered. Then suddenly a couple of them opened up, but not at an APH rate. Then they were gone again. Then they were back, but still no APH rate. This repeated half a dozen times, until finally, a few weeks out from our trip, one popped up at the APH rate. It's a "try, try again" exercise, but it can pay off! I keep an APH rate search for my dates bookmarked on my web browser, so I can check a couple of times a day with just a click.

Last edited:
I've been checking for rates for several upcoming trips and the site seems glitchy as of late, but maybe it's often like that and I am just now seeing it?

What happens is I go to the AP search link, put in my dates, and a list of hotels "starting at prices" show up. So say I put in dates of 1/3 - 1/4 - a list of hotels is returned and you can select say, HRH "starting from" $362 (with a blue select button).

But then when I select that, there are no rooms at that price. Only $1300-1600+ plus are available.

Last summer I did this when booking our Labor Day trip and did not have this issue - meaning, if you the main list returned with "starting from" then that rate was indeed available. That's how I knew when searching to adjust dates until I found a return list with decent rate - then would click on through to secure the reservation.

Was I just lucky summer and it's always been this way? Makes searching difficult because what I initially returned is not what is actually available, which is a time suck with unnecessary click throughs.... I mean, just show me the actual "starting from" rate for those dates?

The "starting at prices" showing are all prices for all rooms available including non-AP rate rooms. Then when you get to the second page it's showing only the AP rate rooms available.

In your example, the $362 is a Seasonal Rate (you can check that on the Universal Website) but the only rooms left for that time with the AP rate available are the $1300-1600 rooms.

Hope that makes sense!

The "starting at prices" showing are all prices for all rooms available including non-AP rate rooms. Then when you get to the second page it's showing only the AP rate rooms available.

In your example, the $362 is a Seasonal Rate (you can check that on the Universal Website) but the only rooms left for that time with the AP rate available are the $1300-1600 rooms.

Hope that makes sense!
It does, thanks! I understand what you are saying is happening. Although I do think that if I am using "APH" in the url link for initial search, it should only return the APH rooms/prices (or at least show both - seasonal and APH when clicking through). But now at least I understand what's happening! ;-)

It does, thanks! I understand what you are saying is happening. Although I do think that if I am using "APH" in the url link for initial search, it should only return the APH rooms/prices (or at least show both - seasonal and APH when clicking through). But now at least I understand what's happening! ;-)
Agreed! Super annoying...

Yes! Went from these AP rates to this AP price. All standard room, per night (without tax added) though PBH was garden.

Cancelled:
SF at $114 for
PBH at $239 just now cancelled as

yay, the 5 day out, and saw for a second,

RPR at $204.

Checked my time again, and now the top 3 are even higher. SF still remains at that $114.

Unfortunately, it is not helping this year. It says rates through 3/25 were released on 11/12. Still waiting for those on 12/8. Hopefully soon!

last year was a strange year. I booked 3/27-4/3 in mid February because we didn’t decide to do the trip until then. I had to piece my nights together but was still able to get it all. I expect this year will have fewer APH rooms and they will go more quickly.

Unfortunately, it is not helping this year. It says rates through 3/25 were released on 11/12. Still waiting for those on 12/8. Hopefully soon!

While it doesn't guarantee that Universal will stay with the same pattern - and in fact if you look at the release schedule carefully, it is all over the place, it is there to give people an idea of what has been seen in the recent past. For instance, the dates from mid-February to early April were released anywhere from early October (2018) to December 18 (2019).

While it doesn't guarantee that Universal will stay with the same pattern - and in fact if you look at the release schedule carefully, it is all over the place, it is there to give people an idea of what has been seen in the recent past. For instance, the dates from mid-February to early April were released anywhere from early October (2018) to December 18 (2019).
It just means check EVERY DAY…Some of the Savvy traveler room rates are gone during that end of March timeframe already, which doesn’t leave a lot of hope for APH rates. I’m hoping to find something anyway, but have backup reservations just in case.

There appear to be AP rates through Feb 17th. Unfortunately I also need the 18th, so that is screwing everything up. I need to check-in on Feb 12th and out on Feb 19th. That one day on it's own is crazy expensive.

Book the AP rates through the 17th for now. Because you never know if those AP rates will still be there when the AP rate for the 18th comes around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter