Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Idk, but I hadn't checked rates for my rooms in May for a couple of weeks. Its up a bit more now than last time. for a 4 night stay was 1610. Same room now is almost 2400. That seems crazy to me. Maybe in line with everywhere else, Idk. But dang... I can stay at the Hilton for around $500 lol. (yes I know Apples to oranges but still)
Wow. My 4 night stay at CBBR in May decreased by $1 a day, I reserved at $684, it is now only $680. Didn't bother rebooking for that. Guess it is just the EP resorts that are going up?

We were at HRH the week before Christmas (on a good ST rate, I was never able to get APH for consecutive nights of our stay.) We were disappointed to learn that the hotel got rid of our APH food discount since our stay in April 2021. When I asked about this at the Beach Club, I was told by the bartender (who knows if true) that HRH is the only Universal hotel that has been profitable since Covid and they are actively trying to increase revenue by raising prices and reducing discounts.

I'm getting lost in the discussion, is this just about no AP rates over President's Day? There have been busy times before that did not offer AP rates, especially during holidays. I took my family over Thanksgiving in 2018, and despite booking over 6 months early and checking regularly, AP rates for RPR never showed up. I have never felt it was guaranteed they would be there whenever I wanted them.
It's also about the weeks after.

I'm getting lost in the discussion, is this just about no AP rates over President's Day?

Yes, and it's been long belabored. The fault is mine, for continually responding to others' questions about the basis for my opinion, in a way that got repetitive. It's done now: I'm tapping out. :)

I'm getting lost in the discussion, is this just about no AP rates over President's Day? There have been busy times before that did not offer AP rates, especially during holidays. I took my family over Thanksgiving in 2018, and despite booking over 6 months early and checking regularly, AP rates for RPR never showed up. I have never felt it was guaranteed they would be there whenever I wanted them.
No, it's not just about AP rates over President's Day. There are NO AP rates released after 2/17, and it is 1/7. They have not released any at all for this year after 2/17 from what I have seen, and by now they have released plenty in the past, even if limited.

This is the exact response I just received by messaging US on their website chat: "I am very sorry that our Annual Passholder rates have not been extended quite yet. It may be due to the new year starting as contracts are updated with the hotels. Normally, they are available about 90 days out. I expect them to be extended fairly soon, but I am not certain exactly when that will be."

Yikes! I was going to plan a "last minute" trip for my kids' spring break beginning March 20th and even the Be Savvy rate is high. Fingers crossed the APH rates get released, but I'm holding off booking airfare for now.

This is all contained in prior posts, but to summarize: APH hotel discounts are advertised as one of the perks of being a passholder, and for some of us, they've been the primary enticement to buy and renew annual passes. In the past, Universal has offered APH hotel discounts for various resorts, rooms and date ranges -- so consistently in fact, that my family has never stayed at a Universal hotel without one, although sometimes we had to change to a different room category or resort to do so. Those rates were released 3-6 months ahead of time, long before the rooms at the premium resorts were fully booked at full price.

Universal -- despite Universal Orlando just having enjoyed its most profitable quarter ever -- has suddenly stopped doing this, with no notice to passholders and no explanation. Hence the complaint. If Universal wants to book all its rooms at full price with no passholder discounts, that's fine -- but if that's the case, it ought to own up to the fact that "year-round" APH hotel discounts are no longer a passholder benefit that it's willing to deliver.
I think it's a little premature to say that passholder discounts are gone.

When I called to check something on my spring reservation a couple of weeks ago, I was told to check for those rates to be released by mid January. Now just like Disney this was a random employee on the phone so who knows…I’m not traveling during a holiday week so 🤞🏻

Last edited:
No, it's not just about AP rates over President's Day. There are NO AP rates released after 2/17, and it is 1/7. They have not released any at all for this year after 2/17 from what I have seen, and by now they have released plenty in the past, even if limited.
Ah, delayed rates. From experience, even when they are released, not all resorts or room categories are available immediately, they seem to trickle out over the course of weeks or months. I put the daily check on AP rates on my schedule, along with SW rates and rental car rates.

Wow. My 4 night stay at CBBR in May decreased by $1 a day
It’s bad when we get excited about a $1 drop lol. do appreciate the input tho, perhaps a portent of future things.
I was told by the bartender (who knows if true)
maybe, if you got that info from a bus driver or boat cabin I’d be more inclined to believe it:p
I expect them to be extended fairly soon, but I am not certain exactly when that will be."
Hmmm, unusual for a TM to give even that small degree of hope out. It’s always been, check back soon, potentially encouraging
even the Be Savvy rate is high.
for dates I’m checking only the pricey suites have been included in SMSM until yesterday for SF category & below. I do wonder if they are attempting to channel people to the ‘offsite’ properties. Seeing them hover around $100 for many popular time frames.

I think it's a little premature to say that passholder discounts are gone.

I didn't say that. I said they've stopped releasing APH rates 3-6 months out, with the result that the premium rooms will all be (and in fact, have already been, for a number of dates) booked up, by the time APH rates are released for 2/18 and after.

Last edited:
I didn't say that. I said they've stopped releasing APH rates 3-6 months out, with the result that the premium rooms will all be (and in fact, have already been, for a number of dates) booked up, by the time APH rates are released for 2/18 and after.
I think a lot of people book and then hope to add the discount when they are released which decreases the rooms discounted. I know they do it on the WDW boards and then complain about lack of discounts. That’s always been strange to me. I won’t pay rack rate at either place. No discount is a no go for me.

I think a lot of people book and then hope to add the discount when they are released which decreases the rooms discounted. I know they do it on the WDW boards and then complain about lack of discounts. That’s always been strange to me. I won’t pay rack rate at either place. No discount is a no go for me.
Unfortunately rack rates can go up and Savvy Traveler rates disappear. If we don’t book something, rates can and do get worse. APH is not guaranteed. I’m always going to book as far ahead as I decide to go. That’s just me, and so far it works.

Unfortunately rack rates can go up and Savvy Traveler rates disappear. If we don’t book something, rates can and do get worse. APH is not guaranteed. I’m always going to book as far ahead as I decide to go. That’s just me, and so far it works.
Yes, that's true, unlike WDW Universal hotels raise their rates. They're not owned by Universal so maybe that's why. I see the same thing at the Swan and Dolphin rates can go up and down.

Thing is both “the travel sages” & the TMs & CMs @ U & WDW readily advise people to book a placeholder reservation at rack rate in order to have a room at the inn

then modify when/if discounted rates are released.

Smart marketing indeed, as I’m willing to guess many book at rates above their original comfort zone, slowly wrap their heads around it & keep the reservation even as is.

there used to be a flurry of last minute low-priced room rates for many dates I’ve booked. Especially, after the cancellation period has kicked in; can’t say I’ve seen that happen in last few years for my dates.

Have those with rapidly approaching trips checked out hotwire for any deals? I haven’t checked for months. They often were same price/slightly higher than whatever prevalent AP rate for many properties.

Last edited:
Thing is both “the travel sages” & the TMs & CMs @ U & WDW readily advise people to book a placeholder reservation at rack rate in order to have a room at the inn

then modify when/if discounted rates are released.

Smart marketing indeed, as I’m will to guess many book at rates above their original comfort zone, slowly wrap their heads around it & keep the reservation even as is.

there used to be a flurry of last minute low-priced room rates for many dates I’ve booked. Especially, after the cancellation period has kicked in; can’t say I’ve seen that happen in last few years for my dates.

Have those with rapidly approaching trips checked out hotwire for any deals? I haven’t checked for months. They often were same price/slightly higher than whatever prevalent AP rate for many properties.
That is a smart marketing. I would never pay the rack rate prices so I don't even bother. I've been to many times to shell out that kind of money.

Everyone needs to do what they are comfortable with. Most people can't wait for the discounts to be released to plan their trip. If you have a trip planned and know where you want to stay, room rates will likely go up and discounts are not guaranteed. I book what I am comfortable paying and watch rates, frequently do a split stay. Last trip I used up a few of my Marriott free nights offsite and spent 1 AP discounted night at PBR.

I would never pay rack either. We booked our December trip before we left last December. 2 weeks RPR Club for an average of 359/night with all taxes. I've checked since and it has already gone up $250. I've never seen an AP rate that did us any good.

I would never pay rack either. We booked our December trip before we left last December. 2 weeks RPR Club for an average of 359/night with all taxes. I've checked since and it has already gone up $250. I've never seen an AP rate that did us any good.
Really? I've gotten an early December 2020 AP rate for $220 at RP...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter