Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Thing is both “the travel sages” & the TMs & CMs @ U & WDW readily advise people to book a placeholder reservation at rack rate in order to have a room at the inn

then modify when/if discounted rates are released.

Smart marketing indeed, as I’m willing to guess many book at rates above their original comfort zone, slowly wrap their heads around it & keep the reservation even as is.

there used to be a flurry of last minute low-priced room rates for many dates I’ve booked. Especially, after the cancellation period has kicked in; can’t say I’ve seen that happen in last few years for my dates.

Have those with rapidly approaching trips checked out hotwire for any deals? I haven’t checked for months. They often were same price/slightly higher than whatever prevalent AP rate for many properties.
I have and there are definitely no deals on property at Universal for March when we are going on Hotwire or Priceline at any Universal or Disney resorts. I actually can't even get a room at any All Star resort for our Disney portion the middle of March because they are full, and Pop Century is overpriced in my opinion. I think there it is really booked up and they don't need to book discounts to fill rooms unfortunately.

Really? I've gotten an early December 2020 AP rate for $220 at RP...
He's staying Club Level. I think 359.00 with taxes included is pretty good for CL. Of course, it's a 2 week stay and Universal lowers the price the lounger you stay. There's not many people that would want to spend two weeks there. We stayed at HRH club level in August three nights for a about that price or a little less.

Just checked and my week in April for the Portofino 2 Queen room went up $40 a night for the Savvy Traveller rate, an extra $100 the first night. They raised the "rack" rate accordingly so it looks like a good deal. The rack rates for that week are on par with Disney deluxes now, in fact I've never spent that much to stay at a WDW deluxe room apart from the time I booked a 1 bedroom suite for 2 nights. I think the most we've ever spent for a regular-sized room was at the Poly in 2017, about $600 a night for a studio suite, and these Portofino rooms are $615 with the discount. I'm glad I reserved my rate when I did. I suspect inventory is tight and they might not need to release competitive APH rates, or if they do it will only be for the really expensive suites.

Just checked and my week in April for the Portofino 2 Queen room went up $40 a night for the Savvy Traveller rate, an extra $100 the first night. They raised the "rack" rate accordingly so it looks like a good deal. The rack rates for that week are on par with Disney deluxes now, in fact I've never spent that much to stay at a WDW deluxe room apart from the time I booked a 1 bedroom suite for 2 nights. I think the most we've ever spent for a regular-sized room was at the Poly in 2017, about $600 a night for a studio suite, and these Portofino rooms are $615 with the discount. I'm glad I reserved my rate when I did. I suspect inventory is tight and they might not need to release competitive APH rates, or if they do it will only be for the really expensive suites.
Is this Easter week?

I wonder if we’re going to see high demand in late spring as vacationers shift their plans from now to April due to COVID.

Does not give me a warm feeling that there will be any discounts this spring. :(

Well, I guess we have our answer. I just saw this posted on FB:

Please note this is only a rumor that I saw on a FB group and I really hope it's not true!

🎢
OFFICIAL UNIVERSAL JUNKIES SPONSOR
🎢

I hate to post this information but we just got word from our Universal rep with this notification direct from Universal.
FL Resident & AP Hotel Rates
The onsite hotels will NOT be offering these rates beyond 2/17 for the foreseeable future.
FL Resident ticket pricing will still be available.
AP Acquisition packages will be available using the lowest available hotel rate.

i hope it's okay to share this here!

Last edited:
🎢
🎢

I hate to post this information but we just got word from our Universal rep with this notification direct from Universal.
The onsite hotels will NOT be offering these rates beyond 2/17 for the foreseeable future.
AP Acquisition packages will be available using the lowest available hotel rate.

insert all the curse words here.

🎢
🎢

If this is the case I am really glad we booked the SF king suite at the ST rate when I did for our May trip... only prob is if i want to add 2 addl nights i have to switch to a 2 Q lagoon view... but until we pull trigger on a quick Feb weekend I can't adjust yet.... at least I have something booked for now.

Boo, hiss.....
I guess I better just book something for at least 1 night in Oct, and at least have it. This is a big bummer though. Maybe they'll bring it back before then, but doubtful, if they're getting the demand.

UGH. I just purchased annual pass to get discount for my late April 2 night trip. Really stinks. It literally advertises on the annual pass perks that you get a room discount. I realize they don't offer a discount every single day but still says room discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter