Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

Actually, it seems that yes, TAs will get the best rates. APH rates will not be offered in the foreseeable future period. TAs, through the Vax system will have access to special packages. This is being confirmed by experienced TAs and bloggers here, on FB and in lines. Try out the APHs rates site after Feb 17th and you will see where all of this is going. $$$ UP up up

My only point was just because TA's are not longer offering the rate that doesn't mean it won't exists for anyone. Prices for hotels around Orlando are ridiculous not just Universal

Curious: What does VAX and AP Acquisition refer to?

UPDATE: I did just call Universal customer service to inquire. The TM with whom I spoke, and his supervisor with whom he consulted -- who claimed that supervisors are the first to know about such policy changes -- said they've heard absolutely nothing about this and that it is false. I have no familiarity with the original sources of the information about APH discounts ending, so at present, I'm going to pour a glass of wine and withhold my judgment, unless or until there's a more authoritative source that can confirm or deny.
This is good news and there is still hope! I really hope it's all just rumors!

Just because TA's are not going to be able to give APH room discounts doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of promotions out there that are direct to consumer discounts that are not available to TA's. Would it surprise anyone that Universal/Loews doesn't want to pay commission on discounted rooms?
But the promotions and discounts out there are no where near what the AP discount could get us as passholders. Maybe for a package, or FL residents, but if we have AP's, we don't need a package, and many of us are not FL residents, so this would be a HUGE gamechanger. I book the AP rate direct all the time so they don't pay commission for that.

So if TAs will have access to "special packages" going forward -- I assume you mean room-and-ticket packages -- they won't be of any practical use to passholders [who don't need tickets], right? So if it pans out this way, passholders would actually be at a disadvantage, in terms of the number of options available to them for saving money on onsite rooms?
Exactly.

But the promotions and discounts out there are no where near what the AP discount could get us as passholders. Maybe for a package, or FL residents, but if we have AP's, we don't need a package, and many of us are not FL residents, so this would be a HUGE gamechanger. I book the AP rate direct all the time so they don't pay commission for that.

I don't see how this is a game changer "IF" the AP rates are still going to be available direct consumers just not TA's. If there doing away with them for everyone, then I'll cry along with all the other AP holders looking for a good discounted room.

I don't see how this is a game changer "IF" the AP rates are still going to be available direct consumers just not TA's. If there doing away with them for everyone, then I'll cry along with all the other AP holders looking for a good discounted room.
Sorry, I meant it is a gamechanger if they aren't available at all. I'll cry too, lol!

Nobody believes anything anymore until they see it announced on Rix Flix :rockband:
no idea what/who that is. Don’t follow bloggers or non HHN FB groups for that matter.

Been around long enough to wait for official word on this sort of thing before getting all fired up about it.
So if TAs will have access to "special packages" going forward -- I assume you mean room-and-ticket packages -- they won't be of any practical use to passholders [who don't need tickets], right? So if it pans out this way, passholders would actually be at a disadvantage, in terms of the number of options available to them for saving money on onsite rooms?
TAs always push packages, it’s where they make their money.

They can also offer special incentives to book with them to sweeten any deal, of course that effects their bottom line/commission

Interesting if we are talking an all inclusive sort of package to combine a dining plan (ala WDW’s previous version) as rumored in the past...the one where WDW crows how much people are ‘saving’ using it when, in fact, so many would leave credits behind or go home with a bag of Rice Krispie treats in attempt to use all entitlements.

I’ve never priced out a U trip and had it come out ‘cheaper’ than the individual components. It’s surely more flexible as to modifications & cancellation policies to not lock into a package. However, there are people who just want to make a call to a TA and been done with it. Individual choice but, options should be equal to all guests.

A bunch of rooms showed up available for Portifino today and they have been showing completely booked for weeks. Maybe some AP rates might show up now.

I just got an email from Allegiant. It says I can add CBBR 1/30-2/6 for $874 to my reservation. The AP rate for the those nights is $892. I booked the first 3 nights of my stay at SF and 4 nights at CBBR. I would be canceling my AP rates if I wasn’t splitting my stay.

This morning I woke up to BFF texting me, 'AP RATES!!!' I shot up straight up in bed, grabbed my laptop, frantically waited for it to fire up...and got another text saying 'oops, must have been a glitch.'

🤦‍♀️

So.....I'm considering using my AMEX platinum benefit at PBH in May. It's 371.00 + tax for a garden view room. It's the same price as ST. On a four-night stay, I get 200.00 dollars off plus the breakfast buffet for two every day which is about 60 dollar value per day, and 100 dollars off a dinner at the resort. I also get an upgrade if available. A month ago I was thinking I might get a better AP discount that would negate all those perks, but now I'm pretty much convinced this might be the best deal.

I plan on cancelling my Amex platinum card in June when the annual fee resets. Like everything else these days the annual fee has reached the price where it's not worth it. FYI...... any military people out there Amex waives the annual fee for you and if you are a frequent Universal visitor that likes PBH it would be worth getting the card.

I’m interested in AP rates for Portofino for 2-bedroom suite (king + 2 queen + living room). The AP rate is available mid May but is not for late July. The cost of the room doubles without the AP, so we’ll have to make other plans if not for the AP rate.

Will more rooms become available and the AP rate appear closer to July, or are they released annually? Thanks in advance for any advice/insight.

I’m interested in AP rates for Portofino for 2-bedroom suite (king + 2 queen + living room). The AP rate is available mid May but is not for late July. The cost of the room doubles without the AP, so we’ll have to make other plans if not for the AP rate.

Will more rooms become available and the AP rate appear closer to July, or are they released annually? Thanks in advance for any advice/insight.
APH rates are released between 2 and 6 months out from the dates of travel.

July is usually high season, while much of May is not. If you know you will definitely be going in July, book something you can live with, whether that be the rack rate suite, two rooms, a suite at another hotel, etc., and then keep checking for what you want. You can always cancel, if something better comes along, but you can’t book at all if what you want sells out.

Good morning,

I'm trying to check on AP rates for March, since we were planing on buying the APs, but the website is not showing any AP rates.
Is there another link to check?
I tried all ways like we did years ago, and there was nothing to see.
Are they still offering AP rates at all?

TIA

They have AP rates for the first week in March (not too many, but they're there) - might not be out yet for beyond that? Or they might have enough bookings that they don't feel the need to offer AP rates at this point... although usually there is at least sporadic availability in that case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter