OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

We are home also. I had dreamed of a 10 day trip, however my dreams were TOO BIG!!!! We ended up leaving 2 days early because I just couldn't do it anymore.

We had a great time, but I hurt from head to toe. Went back to work today and I get to go see my new nephews Friday......Maybe that will be more relaxing.

That happened with my family also. My kids were so tuckered out by Friday they wanted to leave early. We still had two more days to get through. Luckily we kinda relaxed on the last 2 days. But still had a wonderful time:goodvibes

We are home also. I had dreamed of a 10 day trip, however my dreams were TOO BIG!!!! We ended up leaving 2 days early because I just couldn't do it anymore.

We had a great time, but I hurt from head to toe. Went back to work today and I get to go see my new nephews Friday......Maybe that will be more relaxing.

I've always wanted to stay 10 days, but we usually do 8. Maybe I'll just stick with the 8! After all your planning and hard work, I'm glad you had a great time. It's takes a little time to recover from a Disney vacation, no question. Hope the visit to the babies goes well.:goodvibes

Everyone who still comes to this thread, what was your favorite Disney experience and how soon would you go back if you could?

For me, my favorite experience was to see Disney World through the eyes of our DGD. Gave me a fresh and different perspective.

And, because our 5 day trip was so geared toward what a little one wanted to do, I would go back tomorrow! I didn't quite get my Disney "fix" this time. But it was so worth it!

How about you guys?

We had a 6 day trip and I would have liked more park days but more breaks in between. We were so tired by the end, but wanted to see more.

My favourite thing about Disney this time was the Electrical Parade. It brought back so many memories from my first trip to Disneyland in 1996 and also the CMs helped make this trip awesome. Some of the nicest people we met were actually the bus drivers. We met one on the last day that was sharing his stories about his job and the parks. We really enjoyed that.

Everyone who still comes to this thread, what was your favorite Disney experience and how soon would you go back if you could?

For me, my favorite experience was to see Disney World through the eyes of our DGD. Gave me a fresh and different perspective.

And, because our 5 day trip was so geared toward what a little one wanted to do, I would go back tomorrow! I didn't quite get my Disney "fix" this time. But it was so worth it!

How about you guys?

I would go back next week if I could, lol!! But really...I would love to go in the fall or even Christmas (last year we went the first week of January and were able to enjoy all the Christmas decorations and festivities ~ beautiful)!

I can't just pick one thing! Seeing my 3 year old and how excited she was, definitely magical! And being able to finally ride ToT with my 6 (now 7 year old) was great, too. She was finally tall enough last year, but I was pg so couldn't ride it with her. I also got to ride SM and EE with her (we were shocked she met the 44 inch requirement, right before we left she was only a smidge over 42" barefoot) ~ she loved those rides!! EE is her new favorite, me ~ not so much. I had to go rest with a coke and snack after the ride was over!

We had a 6 day trip and I would have liked more park days but more breaks in between. We were so tired by the end, but wanted to see more.

You have a great point ! Planning breaks is SO important especially if your there for a longer period of time.

We usually do 10-12 days but we sleep in, and spend most mornings at the pool, relaxing. We could never go full speed the whole trip .. Especially during the warmer temps. We love taking our time and enjoying each day at a slow pace.

My favorite things about this past trip was the Main St electrical parade and watching illuminations from the CBR beach ! :thumbsup2

I've always wanted to stay 10 days, but we usually do 8. Maybe I'll just stick with the 8! After all your planning and hard work, I'm glad you had a great time. It's takes a little time to recover from a Disney vacation, no question. Hope the visit to the babies goes well.:goodvibes

Yeah, don't bother with 10. I was soooooo excited about having longer then we had in October (7 days) but by day 6 and 7 I was ready to go. We were planning to go back next year in June, but now we have decided to skip a year and do something else. I love Disney, but it was Disney overdose for me. The crowds were WAY more then October and people in general were much ruder also. It didn't put a sour taste, but I can wait till 2014 to go again.

Also, we took breaks everyday in the middle of the day. We did rope drop most days, but we were already awake so no big deal. And we go slow in the parks and take our time and did all parks 2 times if not 3 (or at least that was the plan - didn't get to Animal Kingdom the 2nd time cause we left) I think what got us was the heat (cooler in October or we were better used to it after summer at home) and it was just TOO LONG.

EE is her new favorite, me ~ not so much. I had to go rest with a coke and snack after the ride was over!

:rotfl2: That was SOO me and my Dad too! We got off of it and were like "WTH just happened?!?!" It was pretty funny....not at all what we were expecting, and we knew it went backwards beforehand!

I live local to DL, and so we go at LEAST every other weekend. We have now been to WDW, twice, and I'm still not getting enough.

Can you say ADDICT?? :rolleyes1

Oh, DL is on my short list. I've never been. How many days would you think a family of 4 would need to see the best attractions? (No MAJOR thrill rides though)

For me - the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, the train, the singing, the welcoming us in - the waving, & smiling and then VOILA -the castle. It was amazing! Just complete MAGIC. And then we ended that day with the very heart-wrenching Magic, Memories & You show, and of coarse Wishes. It was one of the best days of my life. :love:

And as for when I would go back, in a world where money was not an issue, I would have went back the following week. But in reality, we are looking at either Disney Land or Disney World in 1 or 2 years. We just have to see what our finances will allow.

Yeah, don't bother with 10. I was soooooo excited about having longer then we had in October (7 days) but by day 6 and 7 I was ready to go. We were planning to go back next year in June, but now we have decided to skip a year and do something else. I love Disney, but it was Disney overdose for me. The crowds were WAY more then October and people in general were much ruder also. It didn't put a sour taste, but I can wait till 2014 to go again.

Also, we took breaks everyday in the middle of the day. We did rope drop most days, but we were already awake so no big deal. And we go slow in the parks and take our time and did all parks 2 times if not 3 (or at least that was the plan - didn't get to Animal Kingdom the 2nd time cause we left) I think what got us was the heat (cooler in October or we were better used to it after summer at home) and it was just TOO LONG.

I'm so sorry that your trip was too long. I told my parents, (we were there for 7 nights) I could have stayed for another 3 nights FOR SURE. But I wasn't the one footing the bill, and I was also stepping away from a VERY busy, VERY stressful time in my life, so being in DW was a HUUUUGE release for me from reality.

Our first trip was for eight nights, way too short. The next was ten nights, and again I felt like I was short a day. Last trip was eleven nights, the most we can squeeze in since we drive and can only be gone one weekend, and it was great. If I could miss more than one weekend, I would do it in a heartbeat and stay longer. However, we are in our 50s and have no kids and dh has some health issues that require a daily break. I think if we were gates-open-to-gates-closed people, four days would be enough. But with the slowness of our pace and daily breaks, ten park days works well for us. If we could stay longer by missing a second weekend, I would space those ten park days out over the fourteen days allowed and then do a few day trips to the Gulf Coast, Atlantic Coast, and Disney Wilderness Preserve.

For me it was walking into the MK our first day there and just seeing the castle and Main St. USA. Then looking over at my 14 year old DD who was experiencing it for the first time ever. It was amazing. We also really loved the character interactions especially at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

I would go back RIGHT NOW if I could. Seriously. I have the post-Disney BLUES. Even my dd, who wasn't all that excited BEFORE we went, caught the Disney bug and now she can't wait to go back!! Oh well. I keep telling myself that April 2013 will be here before I know it and then I get to experience all that magic all over again.

I thought the weather was perfect April 28 to May 5! I am afraid to go in the summer though and don't want to go Christmas or easter week because of insane crowds. Not sure when we can go back! The kids are young but my little one starts kindergarten next year and she gets sick and misses school a lot...unlike my 7 year old that did not miss any days of school so I had no guilt taking her out 5 days!

We are thinking maybe 2nd week of November or 2nd week of December 2013 now. I love the Christmas decorations and the crowds are not bad then and the weather is not hot and usually pretty good. We'll see if we actually get there. We're also planning a cruise, so not sure.

Glad to hear all the "moments" everyone had. These memories stay with us forever. What fun! Happy Mother's day tomorrow to whomever it applies!!

I want to go so badly to see the Christmas decorations in early December!!
I don't think a trip is in the cards for us at that time because of school and work schedules though.
As it is we are going back for the last week of August. We are getting use out of these AP's I tell ya!
Last week of August is HOT. But it's doable. The crowds are lighter than this trip was (August 28th to May 7th.) I didn't find these crowds too bad with a plan, but it was much busier than we are used to.

Oh and as for the 10 days being too long. I hear you. We typically do longer trips because it costs so much to get there. However, we plan some non park days to hang out at the pool and sleep in now. And we don't ever go from open to close. In fact on this trip we'd go for rope drop, ride our favourites and high tail it out of the park as the crowds thickened and the heat rose. We were usually back in the hotel by noon for a nap, and then went back for a few hours in the evening. That was enough for us:)

On this August trip we'll make more use of our Universal AP's, check out the outlets, eat offsite a few times and relax at our resort. The days of needing to go commando are long gone.

I want to go so badly to see the Christmas decorations in early December!!
I don't think a trip is in the cards for us at that time because of school and work schedules though.
As it is we are going back for the last week of August. We are getting use out of these AP's I tell ya!
Last week of August is HOT. But it's doable. The crowds are lighter than this trip was (August 28th to May 7th.) I didn't find these crowds too bad with a plan, but it was much busier than we are used to.

Can you compare this trip w other times of year you have gone? We were there the same time as you....4/28 to 5/5 and thought the crowds were not bad at all....except 5/4 MK was getting too crowded for us! We could not find a seat at the taco place to sit down and eat!

Oh and as for the 10 days being too long. I hear you. We typically do longer trips because it costs so much to get there. However, we plan some non park days to hang out at the pool and sleep in now. And we don't ever go from open to close. In fact on this trip we'd go for rope drop, ride our favourites and high tail it out of the park as the crowds thickened and the heat rose. We were usually back in the hotel by noon for a nap, and then went back for a few hours in the evening. That was enough for us:)

On this August trip we'll make more use of our Universal AP's, check out the outlets, eat offsite a few times and relax at our resort. The days of needing to go commando are long gone.

Oh I sincerely hope this can be our family one day. AP's and multiple trips per year....leisurely visits....outlet shopping....ah....it sounds positively DIVINE!

Oh, DL is on my short list. I've never been. How many days would you think a family of 4 would need to see the best attractions? (No MAJOR thrill rides though)

To me, the rides for the little ones are where you will wait a lot, especially in DL. There are not as many FPs there as WDW. Unless you want to ride Winnie the Pooh repeatedly. :) DBF and I really don't understand why that ride at WDW is SOOO popular, but at DL, it is walk-on EVERY TIME. :confused3 And then with Cars Land being done very shortly (just over a month now), you will have a lot do at CA adventure too (especially since it will probably be crowded for a while)! I guess it depends on your touring style, but I would say during a busy time of year, you might want at least 2 days for each park. Maybe 3 total if you hop around. But you absolutely MUST see World of Color. I get misty every time still...

I think going twice a year would be enough for me, but that's only because I have DLR practically in my back yard. My feet just cannot hang with all that walking. I think what killed me this trip was our first park day we went at opening to AK and then when we were done (almost at closing), we ran over to MK for Electrical Parade and Wishes Dessert Party. A little too much for us. I like our 8 day/7 night trips. I don't think my feet could hang with a trip any longer than that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter