OFFICIAL April 2012 DISers! 2 months and counting!

We're back - posted my AAR over on the Trip Report thread. Work in progress... it's the one titled something like Public Bathrooms Being Scarier than Exp Everest :)

We got back on Saturday night, but had to drive home to Ohio from Virginia today, so this is my first chance to check in. Lots to read! Glad everyone is finally starting their vacations. You've all waited patiently!

Glad to read about everyone's fun times. Overall, it seems we all had a great time with very few glitches. Yay for us!

We had a great time. It was so different to have an almost 5 year old with us since it's usually just DH and I. She was so excited and it was so fun to see Disney through her eyes!:goodvibes On our last day she said to me, "You've made all my dreams come true!" Okay, so you can't put a price on that, right?:lovestruc Aside from meeting all the characters, which she loved, one of the highlights was going into the butterfly house at Epcot and having a butterfly light on her finger. I got three pictures before it left. She told everyone she saw after that, "hey, did you know a butterfly sat on my finger? Well, it did!" If I can figure out how to download pictures, I will.:confused3

Here's sort of a mishmash of our 5 days: We had great weather every day, thankfully. We only did counter service meals, which is also new for us, but it worked with our little Selah along. (The sandwiches at Pop Century were AMAZING!!) Great bus service. We were blessed with nearly perfect timing coming and going to the parks. However, we didn't love Pop Century over all. Nothing wrong with it, just wasn't our cup of tea.:) We're used to a longer trip, but this was perfect since Selah tired sort of easily. We ended up not going to HS and went to MK two days instead, which was a really good decision.

I have really enjoyed getting to know all you April planners and have enjoyed hearing about your plans, trips and even BABIES being born!! Thanks for all the tips you've shared. I'll be staying tuned to hear about the last of our group and how their trips went. :thumbsup2

well, I knew we woudn't be going in 2013 (but a girl can hope, right?), but IF by some chance DH changes his mind, I know we won't be going back in April. I would love to, but just checked the school calendar, and oldest DD's spring break is the week before Easter next year ~ not going to happen!! I'm kind of crossing my fngers that DH will be willing to go in October 2013 ~ it will have been almost 2 years, although if we hold out until 2014 maybe the new coaster will be done.

Just looked at all my photopass pictures, and overall I think we did a good job!! Just over a 100 photos if you don't count the stock photos they add in there. And that was before I started attacking them with edits and borders!!

It's lonely in here. lol. Everyone left is probably having a great time at the world right now!! I'm on my last day away from work, DBF is working from home in the other room, probably just a half day, we still have to go grocery shopping.

*sigh* I wanna go back...

I am still here and lurking. We got back a week ago today. I want to go back already.

We did good with Photopass too. We ended up getting the Plus, so we made sure we did good. I think we ended up with about 350 photos after editing, etc. And we had 3 character meals as well as many ride photos in there too. I think we got our moneys worth!

Well we got back yesterday! We were there from April 24th. The weather was awesome the whole trip... actually pretty hot on Friday and Saturday. Had a great time spending time with my daughter who's in the Disney College Program. She was so happy to have visitors from home and to have a few days off in a row. Disney really works these college kids! She's pretty tired and somewhat discouraged but is hanging in there. We had a great visit with her. We took her and her roommate to Cocoa Beach for the day on Wednesday... beautiful. We went into MK on Thursday and the crowds were quite bearable! We went in HS and EPCOT on Friday and it was definitely busier. Alot more groups of cheerleaders, dancers, bands, and high school senior trips.

POTC was down for technical problems and when we went to use our Jungle Cruise Fastpasses - it was down for mechanical problems as well. So that kind of stunk. It's pretty tight around Fantasyland with all the construction walls, etc. I can't imagine what it will be like when the crowd levels are high!

We had a really good meal and a nice time at Raglan Road in DTD! Ate at CRT for the first time... it was fun and I'm glad I did it. The food was better than expected. We really went for a splurge and ate at Shula's Steakhouse in the Dolphin... wow!

Our stay at POP Century was great... we hadn't stayed at a Value in a while and it was nice. They have a great food court there as well!

Well - now to count down to the July visit! Yay! :yay:

Just looked at all my photopass pictures, and overall I think we did a good job!! Just over a 100 photos if you don't count the stock photos they add in there. And that was before I started attacking them with edits and borders!!

It's lonely in here. lol. Everyone left is probably having a great time at the world right now!! I'm on my last day away from work, DBF is working from home in the other room, probably just a half day, we still have to go grocery shopping.

I started working on my photopass pics today, too!! We had around 200...I was surprised! We'll have a ton by the time I'm done with the editing and borders. Glad I decided to get it this time; not sure if I"ll do it next time (I got the $99 deal), but it was nice. Wish we had more pics from MK, but that's okay!

Did anyone else take advantage of the Disney Visa meet and greet? We did for the first time and it was awesome. Minnie, Mickey and Goofy one on one and they really took their time with our DGG. She was in heaven! We got a free 5x7 too, which was an added bonus.

Did any of you spot LGMHs? I looked for them all the time, but never saw one. I had mine on my purse and the backpack, but no one said anything to me. I think it's cool some of you from this thread got to meet. I wish I were going back soon, but next plan is two years from now. Though now that our son is moving to within 3 hours of Disney, we may make a weekend trip now and again.;)

Did anyone else take advantage of the Disney Visa meet and greet? We did for the first time and it was awesome. Minnie, Mickey and Goofy one on one and they really took their time with our DGG. She was in heaven! We got a free 5x7 too, which was an added bonus.

Did any of you spot LGMHs? I looked for them all the time, but never saw one. I had mine on my purse and the backpack, but no one said anything to me. I think it's cool some of you from this thread got to meet. I wish I were going back soon, but next plan is two years from now. Though now that our son is moving to within 3 hours of Disney, we may make a weekend trip now and again.;)

We did that Visa meet and greet back in 2007! It was awesome. We've tried to do it again but the timing just never worked out.

I started working on my photopass pics today, too!! We had around 200...I was surprised! We'll have a ton by the time I'm done with the editing and borders. Glad I decided to get it this time; not sure if I"ll do it next time (I got the $99 deal), but it was nice. Wish we had more pics from MK, but that's okay!

We just got back on Sunday and I spent a couple evenings going through all the Photopass pics. I think we had well over 150 that I bumped up close to 300 by the time I added borders and stuff. One good tip I read was to change the crop from vertical to horizontal on vertical shots so you could get a landscape version of those shots. I was a bit disappointed to see yesterday that The Pirate's League has now been added to the Photopass+. Like you I pre-ordered the CD for $99 but held off on the $100 upgrade to Photopass+ since we'd still have to add on the package for the Pirate's League so it didn't seem worth it for us. It's nice for others now that that is included. Certainly makes sense.

Back home... but had a GREAT vacation! DD's performance was awesome, we had fantastic weather, crowds were much lower than I was expecting after looking at several crowd calendars... now trying to catch up on laundry and thigs around the house before real life starts again tomorrow. :laundy: :sad1:

We got back on Saturday night, but had to drive home to Ohio from Virginia today, so this is my first chance to check in. Lots to read! Glad everyone is finally starting their vacations. You've all waited patiently!

Glad to read about everyone's fun times. Overall, it seems we all had a great time with very few glitches. Yay for us!

We had a great time. It was so different to have an almost 5 year old with us since it's usually just DH and I. She was so excited and it was so fun to see Disney through her eyes!:goodvibes On our last day she said to me, "You've made all my dreams come true!" Okay, so you can't put a price on that, right?:lovestruc Aside from meeting all the characters, which she loved, one of the highlights was going into the butterfly house at Epcot and having a butterfly light on her finger. I got three pictures before it left. She told everyone she saw after that, "hey, did you know a butterfly sat on my finger? Well, it did!" If I can figure out how to download pictures, I will.:confused3

Here's sort of a mishmash of our 5 days: We had great weather every day, thankfully. We only did counter service meals, which is also new for us, but it worked with our little Selah along. (The sandwiches at Pop Century were AMAZING!!) Great bus service. We were blessed with nearly perfect timing coming and going to the parks. However, we didn't love Pop Century over all. Nothing wrong with it, just wasn't our cup of tea.:) We're used to a longer trip, but this was perfect since Selah tired sort of easily. We ended up not going to HS and went to MK two days instead, which was a really good decision.

I have really enjoyed getting to know all you April planners and have enjoyed hearing about your plans, trips and even BABIES being born!! Thanks for all the tips you've shared. I'll be staying tuned to hear about the last of our group and how their trips went. :thumbsup2

So you didn't like PopCentury hey??? It's on my short list for when I go back with my DH and BOTH kids next time!

well, I knew we woudn't be going in 2013 (but a girl can hope, right?), but IF by some chance DH changes his mind, I know we won't be going back in April. I would love to, but just checked the school calendar, and oldest DD's spring break is the week before Easter next year ~ not going to happen!! I'm kind of crossing my fngers that DH will be willing to go in October 2013 ~ it will have been almost 2 years, although if we hold out until 2014 maybe the new coaster will be done.

October hey? Then you'd get to go to MNSSHP!!! That'd be fun!!! I always worry about booking a trip during hurricane season. That doesn't worry you at all?

I agree. I miss Disney like crazy and I miss YOU GUYS even more! :grouphug:

I miss this thread, too!! We had a great time, and I"m so bummed there is no trip to plan in our immediate future. All I have is 2014, boo! I'm thinking maybe I can talk DH into October 2013, since it will have been over 18 months and the school schedule should give us a couple days, so oldest DD would only have to miss a 3 or so days of school. And it wouldn't be too hot, but warm enough to enjoy the pool.

I miss this thread, too!! We had a great time, and I"m so bummed there is no trip to plan in our immediate future. All I have is 2014, boo! I'm thinking maybe I can talk DH into October 2013, since it will have been over 18 months and the school schedule should give us a couple days, so oldest DD would only have to miss a 3 or so days of school. And it wouldn't be too hot, but warm enough to enjoy the pool.

We've gone in October a couple of times and it is a great time to go.:thumbsup2 The weather is usually really good temp-wise, the crowds not too bad and then there's the MNSSHP, which is so much fun! I hope you can talk him into going. I always like to know when my next trip is so I have something to look forward to. We are planning to skip Disney in 2013 for the first time in several years:sad:, but I'm already having second thoughts. Lord help me! (and my DH!:rotfl2:)

So you didn't like PopCentury hey??? It's on my short list for when I go back with my DH and BOTH kids next time!

Don't get me wrong, I liked it well enough and I've never enjoyed a food court more! I guess I missed the boat to DTD for POFQ and the quiet vibe there. But my DGD loved every minute, so it was worth it. Your family will no doubt love it as well when you go.:goodvibes

We've gone in October a couple of times and it is a great time to go.:thumbsup2 The weather is usually really good temp-wise, the crowds not too bad and then there's the MNSSHP, which is so much fun! I hope you can talk him into going. I always like to know when my next trip is so I have something to look forward to. We are planning to skip Disney in 2013 for the first time in several years:sad:, but I'm already having second thoughts. Lord help me! (and my DH!:rotfl2:)

haha! this is us ~ we've gone three years in a row, and DH says we need a break. I know he is right, but I still WANT to go. Can you believe I am actually considering doing the disney princess half marathon just to get my disney fix in 2013:lmao:

Really, though, if we wait, it will give us time for the new stuff to open and get all the kinks worked out (at least that is what I'm telling myself to make me feel better)!

I know how you guys are feeling. I first went to Disneyland in '96 when I was 16, and hadn't been able to go again until 2010. Since then, we have been to DL one more time, and just got back from our WDW trip. So Disney 3 times in under 2 years. That is a lot, but now that we have started, I don't want to stop. My DH has had enough for a bit, but I have not, so I am going on the Diva's trip to DLR in Feb 2013 to get my fix!

I live local to DL, and so we go at LEAST every other weekend. We have now been to WDW, twice, and I'm still not getting enough.

Can you say ADDICT?? :rolleyes1

We are now home from Disney:sad:, but what a wonderful trip we had!!!!

The weather was perfect. It only rained once for about 20 minutes and we were already wet from being at a water park. The only downfall was that we were at ASSp and the cheerleaders had invaded that resort. They were everywhere!!! Thank goodness they were mostly all gone by Tuesday.

I am glad that everyone had a wonderful time on their trips. Cant wait to go back and do it again!!!!:goodvibes

We are home also. I had dreamed of a 10 day trip, however my dreams were TOO BIG!!!! We ended up leaving 2 days early because I just couldn't do it anymore.

We had a great time, but I hurt from head to toe. Went back to work today and I get to go see my new nephews Friday......Maybe that will be more relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter