Official AUGUST 2008 CODES to be posted here please!!:)

I just got cold feet staying at the WLV so I called back and shifted our dates to Aug.14-21 using DDN for WL Courtyard view bunkbeds and saved $283 from our original 8/10-8/17 woods view bunkbeds. It would have been nice saving the $441 at the Villas but it was a studio and I just got so worried because I know nothing about them. Did I make a mistake?:confused3

Now I need to make some changes to our ADR's.

OK I called and the VERY nice lady said nothing was available. She said I could not use AAA unless I had a room only reservation. So my question is, what would happen if I canceled my tickets and took the AAA discount? We have a 2 bedroom at OKW and thats REALLY expensive for 8 nights.....

Not even sure I could do that.

I just got cold feet staying at the WLV so I called back and shifted our dates to Aug.14-21 using DDN for WL Courtyard view bunkbeds and saved $283 from our original 8/10-8/17 woods view bunkbeds. It would have been nice saving the $441 at the Villas but it was a studio and I just got so worried because I know nothing about them. Did I make a mistake?:confused3

Now I need to make some changes to our ADR's.

Well, the view should be nicer with a courtyard one.
The lobby is nicer in the main lodge.
:)

OK I called and the VERY nice lady said nothing was available. She said I could not use AAA unless I had a room only reservation. So my question is, what would happen if I canceled my tickets and took the AAA discount? We have a 2 bedroom at OKW and thats REALLY expensive for 8 nights.....

Not even sure I could do that.

What are the dates you are going?

They will refund you. My parents ressie was paid in full so when I got the discount today, they applied the saved amount to my reservation ( my parents are paying for everyone so it was ok!!!)

I hope everyone was able to get what they wanted:wizard:
I wasn't able to get any of the resorts I wanted with and AP discount or GP discount. I was even ready to just pay full rack rate:scared1: but theres nothing open for my dates at a Mod or a value.Now I'm more worried about crowd levels at the resort/parks than where I'm staying. It looks like the begining of August is going to be super busy:scared1:
This is what I do have so far. POFQ for 2 nites and ASSp for 9 nites August
5th through the 16th.

My friend, who will be there August 24th, just tried to have this discount applied to her reservation by her travel agent (CAA - which is the Canadian equivalent of AAA). Disney told her agent no discounts were available for her booking. Her agent didn't question it, but I'm wondering if it's because it's during Free Dining...or is this discount available to only deluxe resorts (she's staying at All Star Music)? Anybody have an idea? :confused3 Has anybody applied this code to their reservation that is staying at the All Stars during Free Dining? Thanks for your input!!!!! :goodvibes

Yes, they have a record of your calls but I called back and got the code applied at the Poly with the DDP. The first time there was nothing. I got it onl the second try. So we got
9 days 8 nights
gardenview rom
MYW Ph + WP and more
DDP
2 adults, 2 children (that need tickets - 2 of them don't)
for $4430.60

ETA- I originally had a 20% off Pin code. With the code I saved another $70.

Another $70 for the stay or each night?
My TA called and said nothing available for the Poly or GF on our dates. I have the Poly booked Aug. 10th -17th. I got the 20% off pin too but I can't get this new code. I guess I should be happy. This is the first time I'm not paying rack rate.

August 13-21st

The cost of our room is prohibitive but since we have so many people going its the only thing we can do and stay on site. I would love to save some money!

Are you totally against getting two rooms at a different resort? Most of them have connecting doors. It would probably be a huge savings over a 2bdrm villa. Do any of you have APs or would you consider converting just one of your tickets to possibly qualify for AP rates? There must be some way to save some money -- sometimes it just takes the right circumstances!

Edited to add: I just checked the AP rates and they have a studio and 1 bdrm available for your dates @ OKW...which is essentially the same thing as a 2bdrm -- so I don't know why it doesn't offer that option.

My friend, who will be there August 24th, just tried to have this discount applied to her reservation by her travel agent (CAA - which is the Canadian equivalent of AAA). Disney told her agent no discounts were available for her booking. Her agent didn't question it, but I'm wondering if it's because it's during Free Dining...or is this discount available to only deluxe resorts (she's staying at All Star Music)? Anybody have an idea? :confused3 Has anybody applied this code to their reservation that is staying at the All Stars during Free Dining? Thanks for your input!!!!! :goodvibes

the discount is available at other resorts than deluxe...I got it at a mod, although I don't know if there is any availability of this discount at All Star Music. Also, you can't combine discounts, so if your friend already has free dining, she would have to choose one or the other (if there was availability at her resort)

Check in dates are good thru 9/27. So being during Free Dining isn't the issue. Now, if she has Free Dining, she can't have the room discount too.
The values are included in this code, but I don't know about availability for any of them.

Saved a couple of bucks at CSR for Aug 15-18 with DDH.
But nothing at all for WL Aug 11-15. Just Honeymoon Suite...not with two kids!!!

Just got off the phone from having the discount applied to our package.

Aug 15-24, ASMo, MYW w/Dining

No availability for standard room, but upgraded to a preferred room and had a $10 credit leftover. :cool1:

Could have gotten a standard room at either ASMu or Pop and saved about $100 over the week, but we didn't want to switch resorts. The closer room will come in handy, though, especially since it's effectively free...

But nothing at all for WL Aug 11-15. Just Honeymoon Suite...not with two kids!!!

C'mon -- do it!

No luck with AKL savannah or savannah bunk in the Aug. 15-19 range. Knocked about $11.50 a night off the AAA rate at our moderate, so I'll take my $46 and be happy.

Why does Disney do this? Why do they release a code and then theres like hardly anything left. They should release the codes 1 yr in advance. ;) So this August, they should release codes for stays for next August, etc :)

Why does Disney do this? Why do they release a code and then theres like hardly anything left. They should release the codes 1 yr in advance. ;) So this August, they should release codes for stays for next August, etc :)

I think they've just done such a bang-up job with getting the rooms filled with Bouncebacks, Free DDP, etc. that they really don't have to even offer as many codes now -- which is great for them, but not so good for the people hoping for something more affordable that don't qualify for the other offers.

What exactly are you trying to get? Just want to add the code to your existing resv?

Yeap. And I tried this morning and horribly failed. I posted about it a few posts back.

I think they've just done such a bang-up job with getting the rooms filled with Bouncebacks, Free DDP, etc. that they really don't have to even offer as many codes now -- which is great for them, but not so good for the people hoping for something more affordable that don't qualify for the other offers.

What exactly are you trying to get? Just want to add the code to your existing resv?

I have 2 trips in August, I am going solo Aug 1-4 so I was able to get GV Grand Floridian for Aug 3, 1 night, I have always wanted to stay there, I think it was only $30 more than what I had at the Boardwalk:goodvibes . I was also able to change my return flight on SW to 7:00 PM so I will get most of Monday to enjoyt the resort.

For the Aug 18-23 trip I upgraded to the Port Orleans from the ALL Starts but there was nothing at the AKL for Aug 19-23, and I really want to stay there with my girls as we are not doing the parks just doing a resort stay, and I am pretty sure they will love the AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter