****OFFICIAL August, 2012 (PART 2)****

I'm still here :wave2:

We are leaving Tuesday which I'm actually very happy about. By Tuesday the storm should be making landfall in the panhandle and we should be good to go.

Thanks to you and your maps, I am feeling so much better about Isaac :yay:. I was talking to some co-workers today and they were all really worried that we wouldn't be able to fly out Tuesday morning. They all know how I am really looking forward to this trip and have been hoping and praying that the storm won't hit.

:yay::yay::yay: Just got a word from DH. He got released from work tomorrow. We can hop on a 2pm flight connect in ORD and we will get there around 10:30 pm. We got rental cars for 2 days and 2 days off site hotel before checking in Pop Monday.
I told the kids we will go see grandparents for 2 days. hahhaa! They dont know yet.
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks to you and your maps, I am feeling so much better about Isaac :yay:. I was talking to some co-workers today and they were all really worried that we wouldn't be able to fly out Tuesday morning. They all know how I am really looking forward to this trip and have been hoping and praying that the storm won't hit.

I'm glad the maps made you feel better. They made me feel better too lol :goodvibes

By Tuesday everything will be completely clear, even the possible wind and rain from the outer bands of the storm will be long gone. No worries, the weather looks good from Tuesday thru the following week. Take a look at the weather.com forcast for Orlando. It will make you smile. :cool1:

:yay::yay::yay: Just got a word from DH. He got released from work tomorrow. We can hop on a 2pm flight connect in ORD and we will get there around 10:30 pm. We got rental cars for 2 days and 2 days off site hotel before checking in Pop Monday.
I told the kids we will go see grandparents for 2 days. hahhaa! They dont know yet.
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

That is awesome....I am so jealous of you I wish we could leave a day early, but unfortunately there is no way around it for us. Have a great trip :yay:.

Where is everyone? So quiet around here!
ROLL CALL
Who else havent left yet? when are you leaving? :hyper:

I am still here :) . We leave first thing in the morning. Heading to Syracuse, NY tomorrow (a 3 hour drive for us) then flying to Orlando on Sunday.

Super busy today with housecleaning, laundry, packing, lawn maintenace, cleaning the truck, banking, and last minute shopping......but the to-do list is empty and we are ready to roll! :drive:

By Tuesday everything will be completely clear, even the possible wind and rain from the outer bands of the storm will be long gone. No worries, the weather looks good from Tuesday thru the following week. Take a look at the weather.com forcast for Orlando. It will make you smile. :cool1:

:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Okie so now we are leaving 2 days early. we will be at an off site hotel. We have rental car for 2 days until we check in at Pop.
Now, my luggage (4 total and a double stroller) They all wont fit in the rental car. We was planning to return to the airport and pick up ME back after check in at Pop. The question is IF WE leave the bags with ME tag on at baggage claim, will they take it even if it is 2 days out. Will they hold it for us at Bell services? I really do not want to come back to MCO to pick up the bag. The other option is to just leave it at baggage service and when we get to the airport on Monday, we just tag the ME tag so they can take them then. I rather have ME take it to POP than leave it at MCO.
What do you think?

Where is everyone? So quiet around here!
ROLL CALL
Who else havent left yet? when are you leaving? :hyper:

Checking in here. :wave2:

We got back Tuesday last - ASMu the 7th to 14th - arriving 2 hours late, which was better than the 3 hours we were late getting to WDW.

In between jobs, we got all the laundry done, the house is back to it's normal state of organized clutter, and the cats are all washed, dried, and dosed. (The fleas came back with a vengance while we were gone. I felt sorry for the catsitter).

School starts on Tuesday, so DH will be back to working 5 days a week with a steady schedule. He's been doing recreation charters all summer, and I never knew when he'd be getting home :rotfl:

I'll be putting up a Trip Report soon. I'm still going over the notes and trying to make sense of some of them. It won't be picture heavy, since I was taking a lot of pics for the Summer Scavenger Hunt over on the photography Board, and just sorta skimped on taking 'vacation' pics.

Already poking at plans to go back, but not for a while. February next, probably (2014)

Safe travels to those yet to leave, or still to come home

SenecaWolf said:
I can finally say I'm leaving tomorrow!!!

Wooohooo!!! See u when u get here :) i met up with Stan by the Hippy Dippy Pool this morning and we yapped forever. Can't wait to meet u!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

NikkiLovesWDW! said:
Safe travels to everyone leaving soon! I just got back late last night. Had a great time. Lots of rain which was a bummer but we tried to make the best of it.

Now to start planning the next trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Glad u had an awesome time despite the rain!

The rain rolled in fast today. We were in BB and planned to stay until 6pm close. A little before 5pm, I was happily snoozing as I bobbed along in my tube in the wave pool. Looking up, we saw some rain cliuds and said... Ahhh, just some small clouds. It will pass. About 10-15mins later, the clouds were huge and we said we'd better head back to our chairs to get our atuff in order. Within 2mins, it started drizzling. Back at our chairs, it seemed to stay at just a light drizzle so we took the tine to change quickly. We then hotfooted it to the bus stop. We made it just as it started POURING. Thankfully we were ok and relatively dry and hwaded to SSR for dinner at the turf Club. Turns out, their bus stop is across the street and a little aways from the Carriage House. At this point, we pulled out our ponchos and off we went! Thankfully the rain stopped halfway through dinner.

Hopefully everyone else here handled today's rain just fine.

Hi everyone!

We got back yesterday morning - had a really fun two weeks, it went by so quickly though! :rolleyes: (so pleased DH and I will be back at WDW in 43 days though lol)

We had the 'usual' daily thunderstorms for the first week, but last week there seemed to be more rain and for longer - we made the most of it though, only got soaked one afternoon running through DTD West Side!

Hope everyone who is still there is having a great time... I'm unpacking the suitcases, doing laundry & trying to get over the jet lag today!

Emma princess: x

Morning everyone!

To all those who are heading out the door this weekend (or early next week), just wanted to wish you all a safe journey and a great trip! We are leaving within the next couple of hours for some family fun in Syracuse (Dinosaur Barbecue, here we come!! :cool1:) then we arrive tomorrow in Orlando. If we all can get through a rainy Sunday/Monday, it looks like there's some sun and HOT weather on tap for the remainder of our week.

May your trips be magical! :)

Morning everyone!

To all those who are heading out the door this weekend (or early next week), just wanted to wish you all a safe journey and a great trip! We are leaving within the next couple of hours for some family fun in Syracuse (Dinosaur Barbecue, here we come!! :cool1:) then we arrive tomorrow in Orlando. If we all can get through a rainy Sunday/Monday, it looks like there's some sun and HOT weather on tap for the remainder of our week.

Have a safe trip!

Morning everyone!

Have a wonderful trip and be safe :goodvibes

House is all packed up, packed for Disney now all I have to do is clean the place and take care of business in town on Monday and off to Disney at 12:00 pm on Tuesday :)!!!!! I think will pile up in the floor of our empty place for an afternoon siesta and watch a movie on vudu. It's been a super busy week. I can clean tonight and tomorrow. Safe travels to all on there way down. Hope to see some of you this coming week.

Morning we're all packed up we leave for Detroit this afternoon from London Ontario then we fly out tomorrow morning to all others flying this weekend or begining of next week have a safe trip

Glad u had an awesome time despite the rain!

The rain rolled in fast today. We were in BB and planned to stay until 6pm close. A little before 5pm, I was happily snoozing as I bobbed along in my tube in the wave pool. Looking up, we saw some rain cliuds and said... Ahhh, just some small clouds. It will pass. About 10-15mins later, the clouds were huge and we said we'd better head back to our chairs to get our atuff in order. Within 2mins, it started drizzling. Back at our chairs, it seemed to stay at just a light drizzle so we took the tine to change quickly. We then hotfooted it to the bus stop. We made it just as it started POURING. Thankfully we were ok and relatively dry and hwaded to SSR for dinner at the turf Club. Turns out, their bus stop is across the street and a little aways from the Carriage House. At this point, we pulled out our ponchos and off we went! Thankfully the rain stopped halfway through dinner.

Hopefully everyone else here handled today's rain just fine.

How did you like Turf CLub?We think it was out best meal the entire week:) The Prime Rib was fabulous!
As for the rain, I sear we get lucky! Every time it down poured, we were either in a restaurant, our rental car, or our hotel room:) Once I got caught with a quick storm when we were at the pool. If I hadn't stopped at the arcade to warn DH, I would have been back to the room, but I got wet getting from the bus stop to the hotel room. We never pulled the ponchos out all week long! This was the 5th trip with the same, unused ponchos!

I am so glad we won't be arriving until Tuesday. Looks like the best chance of heavy rain will be Sunday and Monday. I hope the storm stays far enough off coast to not effect anyone in Orlando. So many people save and plan for years to make it down there!

Stay safe everyone!

Morning everyone!

Oh I love Dinosaur Barbecue! So glad they're opening one in Buffalo!!!

House is all packed up, packed for Disney now all I have to do is clean the place and take care of business in town on Monday and off to Disney at 12:00 pm on Tuesday :)!!!!! I think will pile up in the floor of our empty place for an afternoon siesta and watch a movie on vudu. It's been a super busy week. I can clean tonight and tomorrow. Safe travels to all on there way down. Hope to see some of you this coming week.

I don't know why but I am dragging my heels with the packing this year :confused3 I just put in my first load of laundry that has the clothes I need to take with me in it. I'm getting mine done today because DS and DD will be fighting over the washing machine tomorrow. They have been told that they need to get their own things together. They are 23 and 17 for goodness sake. They should be able to handle it! I've purchased everything we will need (shampoo, toothpaste etc) so it just needs to be put in the suitcase. For some reason I'm not even stressing about not having anything packed yet. I'm usually all packed up by now! What's wrong with me this year???? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter