****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new to DISboards and wdw!!!! I haven't been in 20yrs, though as a CA native I've been to Disney quite a bit. Planning a trip for me, my fiance, and the soon to be 8yr old for the first week of August (also hoping to be able to add an infant to the mix)! My son has never been to a Disney park, and we will be springing the surprise on him as we pull up to the gates!!!

Looking at All Star Movies right now and can't wait to learn more from you all! I have been on here for HOURS!!!

Happy booking, only 24 more hours!!!

Hello all. When we book our trip tomorrow :yay: we will be booking in December instead of August. My parents are going with us now they cannot take the heat.

Mousemommy - we leave this Friday !!!!!! We can't wait to see the Mouse again. :cool1:

Have a magical trip!!! :wizard:

Brand new to DISboards and wdw!!!! I haven't been in 20yrs, though as a CA native I've been to Disney quite a bit. Planning a trip for me, my fiance, and the soon to be 8yr old for the first week of August (also hoping to be able to add an infant to the mix)! My son has never been to a Disney park, and we will be springing the surprise on him as we pull up to the gates!!!

Looking at All Star Movies right now and can't wait to learn more from you all! I have been on here for HOURS!!!

Happy booking, only 24 more hours!!!

:welcome: to the Dis!!! You will find a whole bunch of useful information on these boards. Happy Planning!!!

Hello all. When we book our trip tomorrow :yay: we will be booking in December instead of August. My parents are going with us now they cannot take the heat.

Well yes, December will be sooooo much cooler!!! But you still have some happy planning to do!!!

Did any of you book yesterday when the rates came out??? I am still holding out waiting for word on the military discounts before doing so! Hoping by the end of the month!!! :goodvibes

If you booked -- Where? What dates???

I'm so focused on this August 2014 trip, I keep forgetting that I have a 6 day trip coming up in 78 days!!!!

Hi...I'm popping in to subscribe and hopefully officially join 2014's Team August. We are going at the end of August this year and hopefully there will be a BB for next Aug! DW and I are doing the C2C challenge with Tink and W&D in 2014 so I may be pushing it to get in an Aug. trip, but I still want to get in one last family trip before DS17 goes off to college!

Mousemommy, if you survived July, you will be thrilled with the last two weeks of August!! Still just as insanely hot and humid, but fewer people and lower prices!

Hi...I'm popping in to subscribe and hopefully officially join 2014's Team August. We are going at the end of August this year and hopefully there will be a BB for next Aug! DW and I are doing the C2C challenge with Tink and W&D in 2014 so I may be pushing it to get in an Aug. trip, but I still want to get in one last family trip before DS17 goes off to college!

Mousemommy, if you survived July, you will be thrilled with the last two weeks of August!! Still just as insanely hot and humid, but fewer people and lower prices!

Welcome!!!! :goodvibes

Yes, we found July to be very tolerable so I am hoping August is even better!! I have to say though, we were there this year from 4/18-4/28 and it was an absolute dream...so that's going to be hard to beat. We even walked onto TSMM at one point! :wizard:

Hi Mousemommy! We are planning on an August vacation in 2014. We just got back from a weeklong vacation to Disney in June. We hated the crowds. So we are hoping late August will be a little bit better. Our possible dates are August 19-31. We are trying a longer vacation next year because we want more days to relax while we are there.

The plan is for us to stay at Beach Club until the 23rd. Then we are going to switch over to Hilton Grande Vacations Club (off International Dr) for the 23rd through the 31st. We stayed at the Hilton in June and it was great because we could walk to the outlet mall. We even walked to the food court for dinner some nights. It was good for everyone getting whatever they wanted and kept our expenses low. I could do all the outlet shopping I wanted without dragging my husband along. We have never stayed at a Disney property before. In June we walked around the Boardwalk for the first time. When I saw how close it was to Epcot I was hooked! Epcot is one of my favorite parks (tied with Hollywood Studios). So the ease of just walking to Epcot whenever I wanted had me hooked! I'm looking forward to planning my next Disney vacation with everyone!
:woohoo:

Hi Mousemommy! We are planning on an August vacation in 2014. We just got back from a weeklong vacation to Disney in June. We hated the crowds. So we are hoping late August will be a little bit better. Our possible dates are August 19-31. We are trying a longer vacation next year because we want more days to relax while we are there.

The plan is for us to stay at Beach Club until the 23rd. Then we are going to switch over to Hilton Grande Vacations Club (off International Dr) for the 23rd through the 31st. We stayed at the Hilton in June and it was great because we could walk to the outlet mall. We even walked to the food court for dinner some nights. It was good for everyone getting whatever they wanted and kept our expenses low. I could do all the outlet shopping I wanted without dragging my husband along. We have never stayed at a Disney property before. In June we walked around the Boardwalk for the first time. When I saw how close it was to Epcot I was hooked! Epcot is one of my favorite parks (tied with Hollywood Studios). So the ease of just walking to Epcot whenever I wanted had me hooked! I'm looking forward to planning my next Disney vacation with everyone!
:woohoo:

:welcome:

I am hoping for low crowds in August as well!!! I do agree that the longer trip the better. We do 11 days and find that it allows us to stop and smell the roses so to speak. We just do what we want when we want. :goodvibes

I think you will love the location of BC. We stayed at YC in April, the location truly can't be beat!!! :yay:

Mousemommy1 said:
Did any of you book yesterday when the rates came out??? I am still holding out waiting for word on the military discounts before doing so! Hoping by the end of the month!!! :goodvibes

If you booked -- Where? What dates???

I'm so focused on this August 2014 trip, I keep forgetting that I have a 6 day trip coming up in 78 days!!!!

We decided to do Disneyland the first week of Jan to avoid the FL heat and to stay local. Can't wait!!!

Sent from my moderately smart phone using DISBoards

Hi All -- joining and waiting with you.
Didn't go this year, so I'll be on here all year planning.....got the fever!
LOVED LOVED POR so have to go there. However, for convenience and to try, we've always wanted to go to BC or YC. Have saved enough to finally try it!!!! Still would love a discount of course, and we also LOVE and want to go back to POR, so have decided to try a split stay with the first 5 days at POR and the last 4 at either BC or YC. (leaning toward BC, but will go with the better deal).
We took the autotrain for the first time last year instead of driving the whole way so we are definetly doing that again, as we loved it.

Hi All -- joining and waiting with you.
Didn't go this year, so I'll be on here all year planning.....got the fever!
LOVED LOVED POR so have to go there. However, for convenience and to try, we've always wanted to go to BC or YC. Have saved enough to finally try it!!!! Still would love a discount of course, and we also LOVE and want to go back to POR, so have decided to try a split stay with the first 5 days at POR and the last 4 at either BC or YC. (leaning toward BC, but will go with the better deal).
We took the autotrain for the first time last year instead of driving the whole way so we are definetly doing that again, as we loved it.

Welcome!!! :dance3:

We loved our YC stay this past April! It is a beautiful resort, has a great pool (very important in August) and has a location that cannot be beat!!! You will love the YC/BC resort! :lovestruc

Hi all! We haven't been to disney since 2010. Really hoping to go Aug 2014. DH won't give the "ok "to book until sometime next year. We want to stay at POR for the first time. Looking forward to reading about everyone else's plans while I wait to officially make mine!

Hello! I will be spending the first few days of my honeymoon in WDW! We are unsure about our resort. We are deciding between Poly and BC. I have stayed at BC before and loved walking to Epcot (my favorite park and where we will spend the majority of our time). But I have always wanted to stay at Poly. Decisions, decisions!!

Hi all! We haven't been to disney since 2010. Really hoping to go Aug 2014. DH won't give the "ok "to book until sometime next year. We want to stay at POR for the first time. Looking forward to reading about everyone else's plans while I wait to officially make mine!

Hope you get your POR wish!!!! :wizard:

Hello! I will be spending the first few days of my honeymoon in WDW! We are unsure about our resort. We are deciding between Poly and BC. I have stayed at BC before and loved walking to Epcot (my favorite park and where we will spend the majority of our time). But I have always wanted to stay at Poly. Decisions, decisions!!

Hmmm, both are great resorts, but I think I'd go with Poly. The walking factor at BC is great, but not in August heat, IMHO. The only issue is the potential construction at the Poly....decisions, decisions....:goodvibes

Well! I went ahead and booked our 2014 trip!!! I got our 40% off and we will be there from 8/16/14-8/24/14 at the Contemporary Resort!!!! I am very excited! It will be our first time staying on the monorail after all of these visits! Can't wait! :thumbsup2

Please remember to let me know if you've booked and I will start a post on page 1 with everyone's listings. :goodvibes

Howdy, y'all. I'm joining in for Aug 2014. DW, DD and DS will be ar POR 16-23. We're thinking of switching to BC, BW, or WL I'd the deal is right. POLY if it's really, really right.

This will be DD's 2nd trip (7 at time of trip), and DS will be on his first at age 2. Looking forward to a fun and food filled trip.

Cheers,
Indy

Howdy, y'all. I'm joining in for Aug 2014. DW, DD and DS will be ar POR 16-23. We're thinking of switching to BC, BW, or WL I'd the deal is right. POLY if it's really, really right.

This will be DD's 2nd trip (7 at time of trip), and DS will be on his first at age 2. Looking forward to a fun and food filled trip.

Cheers,
Indy

:welcome:

Hopefully, the right deal comes along for you!!!! :wizard:

Our dates are practically the same!!!! :cool1:

Well! I went ahead and booked our 2014 trip!!! I got our 40% off and we will be there from 8/16/14-8/24/14 at the Contemporary Resort!!!! I am very excited! It will be our first time staying on the monorail after all of these visits! Can't wait! :thumbsup2

Please remember to let me know if you've booked and I will start a post on page 1 with everyone's listings. :goodvibes

Bounce back??

Sweet!;) Now on to plan your ADR's! (and replan, and change your mind, LOL, all the fun stuff!):goodvibes

Yesssssss! We don't do the DDP anymore, and instead use TiW. We don't like to have a huge amount of ADR's but so far we know we want:

1) Hoop-de-Doo! (In all of our trips, we never seem to be able to fit it in)

2) Be Our Guest dinner - we ate there in April and absolutely LOVED it. My kids said its a must do. :thumbsup2

3) California Grill (date night dinner) :lovestruc

4) O'Hana - we love this place!

I think that will be it! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter