*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

For TJDisneyMama: YeeHa Bob is going on vacation sometime in August. You can check his personal website for the schedule. We are staying at POR and are sorry to have missed him (we'll be there later in August)

Today is exactly 60 days out from our Animal Kingdom day which is Sunday August 13. At exactly 7:00 this morning, Eastern time there was not a single FP+ available for FoP.

That stinks :sad1: I hope you are able to find a FP later by someone cancelling.

I adjusted my FP plan this morning to immediately try day 5 for our evening AK to book FOP from 6:30 - 7:30pm and then I will go back to day 2 to try and schedule Navi for 10:30 - 11:30am. I REALLY do not want to rope drop either of these because I feel it will waste our time in AK. We like to rope drop EE and ride 3 or 4 times before moving on to other rides before crowds build around 10:30/11am. I will see how my FP plan works on Sat morning and report back!

For TJDisneyMama: YeeHa Bob is going on vacation sometime in August. You can check his personal website for the schedule. We are staying at POR and are sorry to have missed him (we'll be there later in August)

Phew, just checked, we are there the week before his vacaction. Now I'm excited to at least give him a peek. I don't want to ruin it by watching him on Youtube. I'm thinking it will be the perfect thing to do on our arrival day - we won't be doing any parks or anything, just hanging at POR.

How long are you there? There is availability on Sunday the 20TH.

We have our days planned out, with dining reservations made. That is our AK day, and so it is. Plus, there may be availability on the 20th now, but I can't make FP+ reservations for the 20th until the 21st of June. It is what it is, riding standby at rope drop is not going to ruin my vacation in any way.

What about Navi River?

Plenty of availability for Na'vi, even early in the day.

I figured I would add a post on here. Booked a couple of months ago but yesterday our FP window opened so it's nearing closer! Going August 12-18 staying at Pop. It'll be myself and my mom. My mom hasn't been to Disney World since I was in my late teens so it's been well over 10 years. Got all the FPs desired and this morning, I randomly checked and got us a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest which is the one place she really wanted to go to!

Been planning for months and really want to make this an awesome trip for her. First day will be Epcot to stop at the World Pavilion and have a celebratory drink and she'll finally get to do Soarin'. Next day will be Magic Kingdom so I will get her a "1st Visit" button since things have changed so much since last time she was there. Our last park day I have left open in case we like one park more than another or if we still have attractions we want to do that we didn't get to the first time.

This really has me worried! My 60 FP day is Friday and I am booking FP for 7 people. To make matters worse, our first two days are scheduled to be AK and I can't really move anything around due to ADRs. I was just going to get up in the morning when I normally get up, but now I want to be up right away. What time can you start booking them?

This really has me worried! My 60 FP day is Friday and I am booking FP for 7 people. To make matters worse, our first two days are scheduled to be AK and I can't really move anything around due to ADRs. I was just going to get up in the morning when I normally get up, but now I want to be up right away. What time can you start booking them?

7:00 AM Eastern time, and all I can say is good luck, and maybe start with your 2nd AK day, and try to get FoP first thing right at 7:00. We tried it right at 7:00 for our AK day, right at the 60 day mark, and there was nothing. At least if you start with your 2nd AK day you will be at 61 days, so hopefully there will be something left for you.

That stinks :sad1: I hope you are able to find a FP later by someone cancelling.

I adjusted my FP plan this morning to immediately try day 5 for our evening AK to book FOP from 6:30 - 7:30pm and then I will go back to day 2 to try and schedule Navi for 10:30 - 11:30am. I REALLY do not want to rope drop either of these because I feel it will waste our time in AK. We like to rope drop EE and ride 3 or 4 times before moving on to other rides before crowds build around 10:30/11am. I will see how my FP plan works on Sat morning and report back!

I think that is the way to go. Being we are offsite for the majority of our stay, booking our 5th day first wasn't an option. On the positive side . . well, in a twisted kind of way lol, I have an Aortic Aneurysm, which isn't a great concern for the most part, but things that could cause large blood pressure spikes, like being scared half to death on EE, aren't necessarily a good idea, so I have no need to rope drop EE. That leaves me free to rope drop FoP, which I hope doesn't scare the pooh out of me like EE does hahahaha.

I've been hearing a lot of people who were able to get their FP for FoP without much trouble at all, even for the first day of their vacation. Not much luck with morning FPs, but once you get to afternoon/evening, there was plenty of availability. So I definitely wouldn't give up hope!

I think that is the way to go. Being we are offsite for the majority of our stay, booking our 5th day first wasn't an option. On the positive side . . well, in a twisted kind of way lol, I have an Aortic Aneurysm, which isn't a great concern for the most part, but things that could cause large blood pressure spikes, like being scared half to death on EE, aren't necessarily a good idea, so I have no need to rope drop EE. That leaves me free to rope drop FoP, which I hope doesn't scare the pooh out of me like EE does hahahaha.

That sounds scary Tom! I would be paranoid doing EVERYTHING. It sounds like you have accepted your limitations and have a great sense of humor about it. It's a good thing WDW in general isn't exactly full of "thrill rides" but more pleasantly exhilarating rides :wizard:

Keep checking for those FPs. There will be plenty of people who will cancel their packages right at the last minute to get a full refund and you might be able to scoop up those coveted FPs :goodvibes

Booked my FP+ today. We arrive in 59 days but first night is off site, so today is our 60 day FP+ booking.
Booked FoP for August 20th (60 +7) for 9:20am. Still no Mission Space available at Epcot for August. Got everything else that we wanted and around the times we wanted except for a couple - will just have to tweek plans a bit. Good luck everyone:thumbsup2

Booked my FP+ today. We arrive in 59 days but first night is off site, so today is our 60 day FP+ booking.
Booked FoP for August 20th (60 +7) for 9:20am. Still no Mission Space available at Epcot for August. Got everything else that we wanted and around the times we wanted except for a couple - will just have to tweek plans a bit. Good luck everyone:thumbsup2

I do believe that I saw that Mission Space will be down for refurb while we are there in August.

Would you know how long Mission Space is down for? I have a 5 year old who would dearly love to ride it :) We'll be there August 27--September 2

I just booked the Plaza Garden Fireworks dessert party for 8/24, which is DDs b-day. I'm super excited, I don't know why I didn't think of this before! I have BBB and CRT booked for earlier in the day and was trying to think of what else I could do to make her day special. She is a HUGE dessert fan (too much so, lol) so she will think a "dessert party" is like, THE greatest thing ever. And it's our planned fireworks day too so I'm excited to not have to fight the crowds to get a good spot, especially with all the new projections. In the past, we'd watch anywhere, by city hall, at the bus stop.......but it's different now, you really need to have a good view of the castle.
I'm like irrationally excited about this. She has been a little emotional/hesitant about being away from family ON her actual bday (it's just me and her going), so I want to make the day extra special. I just don't know if I should tell her beforehand, or surprise her with it when we're there.

I just booked the Plaza Garden Fireworks dessert party for 8/24, which is DDs b-day. I'm super excited, I don't know why I didn't think of this before! I have BBB and CRT booked for earlier in the day and was trying to think of what else I could do to make her day special. She is a HUGE dessert fan (too much so, lol) so she will think a "dessert party" is like, THE greatest thing ever. And it's our planned fireworks day too so I'm excited to not have to fight the crowds to get a good spot, especially with all the new projections. In the past, we'd watch anywhere, by city hall, at the bus stop.......but it's different now, you really need to have a good view of the castle.
I'm like irrationally excited about this. She has been a little emotional/hesitant about being away from family ON her actual bday (it's just me and her going), so I want to make the day extra special. I just don't know if I should tell her beforehand, or surprise her with it when we're there.

Awesome, that's so exciting!! It sounds like your DD is the kind of person who will totally enjoy and appreciate a dessert party! You know her best, so I'm not sure whether it's better to tell her or surprise her. Maybe telling her would help her be more excited about not being home for her birthday and save some stress. But I think if it were me I would wait and surprise her. That would be such a cool birthday surprise! And if she's the kind to do this like I was as a kid, it would also keep her from thinking about it and guessing what it will be like for the next couple of months, building a certain idea in her head, and then getting there and having it be awesome, but nothing like what she was expecting it to be so she could still feel disappointed in a way even if it's something she'd love doing.

That sounds scary Tom! I would be paranoid doing EVERYTHING. It sounds like you have accepted your limitations and have a great sense of humor about it. It's a good thing WDW in general isn't exactly full of "thrill rides" but more pleasantly exhilarating rides :wizard:

Keep checking for those FPs. There will be plenty of people who will cancel their packages right at the last minute to get a full refund and you might be able to scoop up those coveted FPs :goodvibes

Thanks. It isn't as horrifying as you think. Well, it is when you first find out about it. Once you've lived with it for a bit, it becomes less horrifying. I rode 7DMT probably about 8 times last summer, and was fine, Test Track didn't cause any problems either. There isn't much that I avoid. I don't expect FoP to be a problem. ToT, RnRC, EE, Splash I will avoid, just as a precaution. Pretty much everything else I should be absolutely fine on.

And if she's the kind to do this like I was as a kid, it would also keep her from thinking about it and guessing what it will be like for the next couple of months, building a certain idea in her head, and then getting there and having it be awesome, but nothing like what she was expecting it to be so she could still feel disappointed in a way even if it's something she'd love doing.

that's a good point, she is the type who overthinks/obsesses over stuff....(hence, the reason she has been so emotional over being gone for her birthday for the past 6 months. Although the whole PURPOSE of the trip is to go for her birthday, so...). But yes, I think I will keep it a secret 'til that day. I wonder if I can get some of the staff to sing to her or something and stick a candle in one of the desserts??

I am excited and concerned about the weather. I am prepared for rain mentally. The 2-3 hrs in the afternoon. but reading other thread from people who just came back and had rain for 6 hrs almost every day last few weeks makes me nervous. I simply dont know how to prepare for 6 hrs of rain. and by prepare I mean clothing/shoes and not even ADRs or FPs. and than just the idea that we waited so long to go and see rain outs....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter