***Official AUGUST 2021 Check In Thread

I’m debating for our last day. Go to rope drop and then head back to the hotel to grab our luggage to have it stored or have it stored in the AM and hit the parks later. We have until 5 before we need to head back to the airport. It will also be our 4th day in the parks so I would hope we were able to hit all of our must do’s before then.

Park hours have been released for second half of August.

Starting August 13, an extra hour has been added to each park:
Disneyland 8am - 11pm
California adventure 8am - 10pm
Hmmmm. I can’t decide if this is good news. We arrive on the 16th. I figured since that was the day school started in LA it would not be as crowded.
I wonder if this is to prepare for new annual passes, whatever that ends up looking like?

we are going August 16 to 20

I’m debating for our last day. Go to rope drop and then head back to the hotel to grab our luggage to have it stored or have it stored in the AM and hit the parks later. We have until 5 before we need to head back to the airport. It will also be our 4th day in the parks so I would hope we were able to hit all of our must do’s before then.
Yeah, we have a late flight out, so same dilemma.
Now I'm leaning toward staying late the night before & skipping RD.
Really, we "ought" to be tired of the parks by then, haha.

Yeah, we have a late flight out, so same dilemma.
Now I'm leaning toward staying late the night before & skipping RD.
Really, we "ought" to be tired of the parks by then, haha.
I think I like that plan especially since we will probably close the park down the night before and the hours are extended to 11pm.

for my kids that last day is to hit their favorites one last time.

Staying Aug 7-10 at the Disneyland Hotel! Booked last minute, was wondering if anyone booked the same days before at ~$470 a night? Most other Aug days are $377.

Staying Aug 7-10 at the Disneyland Hotel! Booked last minute, was wondering if anyone booked the same days before at ~$470 a night? Most other Aug days are $377.

Lol, we were going to, but it ended up working out better to go the following week with the added bonus of it being less expensive.

So excited! Today is travel day (drive from Bay Area.) We hit the parks tomorrow, masks and all ready to go! I am dreading the heat, though. Looks like low 90s the entire time we are there.
We just arrived at LAX. Was looking at temps for LA as I sit on the plane waiting to get off and thought a cold front went through that wasn't planned. Then realized nope, there really is a 15 degree difference between LA and Anaheim temps. I think I'd rather stay here and enjoy low 70s! Lol.

We just arrived at LAX. Was looking at temps for LA as I sit on the plane waiting to get off and thought a cold front went through that wasn't planned. Then realized nope, there really is a 15 degree difference between LA and Anaheim temps. I think I'd rather stay here and enjoy low 70s! Lol.
I keep looking at the temps too. We are still 18 days out. Hoping the temps drop by the time we get there. Last time we went in Aug it was cloudy in the AM which was perfect. Don’t want to deal with the 90’s

We arrived at our hotel on time today, just before 3pm. I’m keeping a semi-live trip report of how things are here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/we’re-off-to-see-the-magic-tr.3847377/
feel free to follow along and ask Questions if you need anything clarified regarding masks, distancing, etc. we’ll be in town through next Saturday and in the parks Monday, Tuesday and next Saturday.
I’m just curious about masking in outdoor ques and if it is requires

I don't go to the parks til Monday, but I'll let ya know. From what I've read elsewhere though, it's only required once you reach the first door of the queue to go inside, so not outside unless it goes inside. They say RSR where there's an indoor portion of the queue, but ride goes back outside, you're supposed to keep the mask on the entire time after going indoors.

I'll try to report later today. We have park hoppers and start in DCA.

On our drive down from the Bay Area, we saw two bad accidents. One was on a two lane road and one of the cars was on its side. The other was in the Angeles Mtn right before you descend down to LA area. A pickup truck towing a trailer had completely overturned. It was sobering to see. Esp for my permitted teen driver.

We also saw wildfire smoke in the mountains. Lots of helicopters and planes overhead. I haven't checked the news reports to see if they were able to contain the fire. Going northbound, there were a lot of firetrucks and firemen tamping down the ground right by the roadside. It's all just a tinderbox.

I'll try to report later today. We have park hoppers and start in DCA.

On our drive down from the Bay Area, we saw two bad accidents. One was on a two lane road and one of the cars was on its side. The other was in the Angeles Mtn right before you descend down to LA area. A pickup truck towing a trailer had completely overturned. It was sobering to see. Esp for my permitted teen driver.

We also saw wildfire smoke in the mountains. Lots of helicopters and planes overhead. I haven't checked the news reports to see if they were able to contain the fire. Going northbound, there were a lot of firetrucks and firemen tamping down the ground right by the roadside. It's all just a tinderbox.
So sad. We are in the Seattle area and haven’t had rain in weeks. Crossing my fingers that there might be some at the end of the week and hopefully no lightning in the mountains

Lol, we were going to, but it ended up working out better to go the following week with the added bonus of it being less expensive.
You made me lol too! We're staying offsite, but when the discounts finally came out I seriously considered completely switching. I originally had booked 3 nights offsite and 1 at PPH, but it made more sense to do the 4 nights offsite, especially after applying a 4th night free promo. For a while I kept looking back at the Disney resorts though, and I saw that price drop. If it had been one week earlier, or if we'd been able to go one week later, we'd have switched for sure.
Oh well, that's something to do some other trip.

You made me lol too! We're staying offsite, but when the discounts finally came out I seriously considered completely switching. I originally had booked 3 nights offsite and 1 at PPH, but it made more sense to do the 4 nights offsite, especially after applying a 4th night free promo. For a while I kept looking back at the Disney resorts though, and I saw that price drop. If it had been one week earlier, or if we'd been able to go one week later, we'd have switched for sure.
Oh well, that's something to do some other trip.

We would usually stay offsite at DLR as well, but the Disneyland Hotel price wasn't really much more than a couple of the other places we were looking at so we decided to stay there this time around (even with the construction). Kids were pretty set on the Monorail slides and pools at Disneyland hotel. Pictures reminded them of Aulani a bit (although on a much smaller scale).

Phew! Two days down, two more to go.

First day, we got into DCA a little after 8am. Had Web Slingers BG 20 and was called right after we entered. We rode 7 rides before stopping for lunch at noon. Kids stayed a little longer to get in a few more rides. Adults headed back to hotel to rest and get ready to meet up with friends in the evening.

Today, we got ROTR BG 89 so we weren't expecting to be called until 11 or 12. We got to the parks a little later - around 9. We got in 6 rides before stopping for lunch near 1pm at Docking Bay 7. A little rest in the afternoon for DH, kids and I got in a few more rides before heading back to hotel. Came back at 7 and fit in more rides. Ride total today was 14.

I had a slight plan but didn't really stick to it bc 1. BG return times will potentially change your game plan 2. Contrary to my wishes, my family cannot make it to rope drop! We just relied on the app to help up us make our way around the parks. We aimed for must-do rides with shorter lines in the morning. Tried not to criss cross too much. We also made use of Single Rider.

I made note of all the wait times and actual ride times. If anyone is interested, I can post what we have done so far.

If anyone has questions, I can try to answer them today and tomorrow. We got in most of our must do rides, so we'll hopefully be taking it a little slower the next two days.

Contrary to my wishes, my family cannot make it to rope drop!
Ugh, I know the feeling. It's like pulling teeth ain't it? I'm like, trust me, we'll get better positioned to get on the rides with little wait if we move faster! Doesn't help that we hurry up and wait though. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter