*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Since I am officially 10 days away from our trip, I have decided to begin one of my favorite things...packing!! God, I love packing. I don’t like unpacking at all, but packing makes me pathetically excited.

I was a little bummed about the recently announced mask situation, but I am just glad it’s only for the indoor areas and the outdoor ride lines. It could have been much worse! The one thing I am kind of worried about is getting weird tanlines around the mask. I wear sunblock but always end up with a tan everywhere on my face except where my sunglasses sit, so the mask should make that even better lol

We are going to Universal first, which has resulted in me saying words I never thought I would ever say: “Let’s find a fanny pack to wear during our trip.” So between the fanny pack, the neck fan that I don’t even remember buying but is somehow in my possession, the inevitable weird tanlines from my sunglasses and mask, and the fiberoptic mullet my hair tries to turn in to as a result of the Florida humidity...I am going to look very attractive in these vacation pictures lol

Not canceling either! We are fully vaccinated & used to wearing masks. My oldest is an RN so she wears masks for 12-15 hours straight at work. We were planning on wearing masks anyway as every Disney trip - even before the pandemic - would result in someone catching something - sore throat, stomach bug, head cold, etc - so I want extra protection!

Since I am officially 10 days away from our trip, I have decided to begin one of my favorite things...packing!! God, I love packing. I don’t like unpacking at all, but packing makes me pathetically excited.

I was a little bummed about the recently announced mask situation, but I am just glad it’s only for the indoor areas and the outdoor ride lines. It could have been much worse! The one thing I am kind of worried about is getting weird tanlines around the mask. I wear sunblock but always end up with a tan everywhere on my face except where my sunglasses sit, so the mask should make that even better lol

We are going to Universal first, which has resulted in me saying words I never thought I would ever say: “Let’s find a fanny pack to wear during our trip.” So between the fanny pack, the neck fan that I don’t even remember buying but is somehow in my possession, the inevitable weird tanlines from my sunglasses and mask, and the fiberoptic mullet my hair tries to turn in to as a result of the Florida humidity...I am going to look very attractive in these vacation pictures lol

I’m the complete opposite! I absolutely hate to pack! I don’t like to unpack either, lol. We leave Sunday and I have nada packed. I like to stress myself out and run around like crazy the day before a trip getting things packed. Thankfully my boys can pack their own stuff, but I do usually check their suitcase because someone may or may not have forgotten underwear one time. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Not canceling either! We are fully vaccinated & used to wearing masks. My oldest is an RN so she wears masks for 12-15 hours straight at work. We were planning on wearing masks anyway as every Disney trip - even before the pandemic - would result in someone catching something - sore throat, stomach bug, head cold, etc - so I want extra protection!

Too funny! My one son said the same thing - at least no one will come home with a cold!

I recommend a wide brimmed hat—that’s how I avoid the mask tan line issue (plus just feels good in the heat to keep sun off your face and neck). I know some other people prefer sun umbrellas but for me that is a no go as I am always pushing a stroller.

We're not canceling. We are infrequent Disney visitors who live over a thousand miles away, and we started booking this trip almost 9 months ago so we'd have something to look forward to during our long months of working and schooling from home. Dreaming about it gave us a much-needed lift during our long confinement, and the fact that all of us were fully vaccinated by the spring removed most of the anxiety that would otherwise have attended our travel.

Not only that, but we have some local friends and loved ones who, thanks to COVID, will never have the opportunity to go anywhere with their whole family ever again. When I think about that, I'm just so incredibly grateful that I have the privilege of enjoying a getaway with my nearest and dearest, that whether or not we have to wear masks (which we did for months for work, school, sports, etc. and got totally used to) is a non-issue.

We are not cancelling either. DS is too young for the vaccine so we were planning on wearing masks in solidarity with him where he had to anyway. This change actually makes us a bit happier since now everyone else "should" also be wearing masks with us. We have all our shirts purchased, i pulled our disney bag out of the attic, we are full steamboat willie ahead.

I’m the complete opposite! I absolutely hate to pack! I don’t like to unpack either, lol. We leave Sunday and I have nada packed. I like to stress myself out and run around like crazy the day before a trip getting things packed. Thankfully my boys can pack their own stuff, but I do usually check their suitcase because someone may or may not have forgotten underwear one time. 🤦🏻‍♀️
LOL I was going to say “I will pack for you!” but then realized that might sound kind of weird. And honestly, your system of getting packed the day before is probably more efficient than my system, which consists of constantly having to repack because I have to dig around in the suitcase for something or rearrange everything.

I recommend a wide brimmed hat—that’s how I avoid the mask tan line issue (plus just feels good in the heat to keep sun off your face and neck). I know some other people prefer sun umbrellas but for me that is a no go as I am always pushing a stroller.
A big hat is a good idea! Thank you for the suggestion! I am going to have to get on Amazon and see what they might have. I swear I am ordering stuff from Amazon every single day lol

A big hat is a good idea! Thank you for the suggestion! I am going to have to get on Amazon and see what they might have. I swear I am ordering stuff from Amazon every single day lol

Right there with you- just bought a two pack of fans for DH and I for next week, Prime makes it just too easy!

Leaving on Tuesday and will probably pack Monday! I enjoy packing a lot but I just don't feel the drive to this time!

Yes! Our mailmen are really earning their paychecks because of us lol

Today I had masked lanyards delivered. Tomorrow I am having earbuds (double duty-- school and plane), laundry sheets, disposable masks, and flavor packs for water due to be delivered.

Most of my Amazon deliveries are delivered by their Prime vans. We have local Amazon warehouses.

EVERY DAY!!

Me too, between fans and masks and cooling towels and water filters/bottles and special socks and so on... This is how Jeff Bezos can go to space in his own strangely-shaped spaceship.

Going in a week any advice on the best reasonable priced poncho to buy, don’t like the dollar ones - thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter