***Official August 2022 Thread***

How much party time do you want to spend doing rides versus all the other stuff? Is this your only full MK day?

If it's your only day, I'd probably both RD and G+ to maximize what you get done in MK. Don't forget, now that we're in party season, MK is going to be busier on non-party days. (Busier for late August, but still busier.) Sleep in before the party :-)
Thank you!!! Getting genie + now and getting up :)

2 days to go! Officially at the point where my family has to wear their rattiest clothes because the good stuff needs to be packed!

arrival day for us! My alarm was set for 6:55 to get our first Genie+, but I was so worried about oversleeping that I woke up at 5:45. 🤦‍♀️

I hear this so much! If I have an important day, I always end up waking up early with nerves. I guess it's good from the perspective of not missing things, but it's exhausting. 😴

Last 2 days I have been able to get all the LLs I wanted at good times using genie +, but my husband thinks the parks are really crowded 🤷🏻‍♀️But he hasn’t waited except on 2 lines by choice.

Been here since last week.. been using genie + and getting everything we wanted and at the times.. just didn’t do mine train. I just can’t see spending more money or waiting 85 min. Yes the parks seem very crowded for late August, that’s a little disappointing..

Been here since last week.. been using genie + and getting everything we wanted and at the times.. just didn’t do mine train. I just can’t see spending more money or waiting 85 min. Yes the parks seem very crowded for late August, that’s a little disappointing..
I agree. Our last day today after 10 nights, and HS is packed today. Definitely didn't expect the same level of crowds at the end of our trip. I hear so many other UK accents I am wondering if they are the same as us (on 3rd attempt), with restrictions on travel, everyone who would've visited in 2020 and 2021 have all arrived in 2022 instead.

I agree with the above posters. It's been way busier this trip than any August trip we've taken. If you're not rope dropping or buying genie then you're waiting a lot in lines. Having to arrive at the parks between 7-745am everyday doesn't allow much time to sleep. We are still having fun but may rethink coming back again next year and take a year off.

I agree. Our last day today after 10 nights, and HS is packed today. Definitely didn't expect the same level of crowds at the end of our trip. I hear so many other UK accents I am wondering if they are the same as us (on 3rd attempt), with restrictions on travel, everyone who would've visited in 2020 and 2021 have all arrived in 2022 instead.
We arrived today and my sister met a couple from the UK who were staying at the French Quarter. :)

Arriving today :cheer2: really trying to stay calm about the weather forecast. We have the Halloween party Friday and the water park party Saturday, hoping they aren't washouts 😬
Have the best time! Good luck on the weather! We had a delayed start to H20, but it ended up being fun shorter then we would have liked but fun! The Halloween party in the rain wasn’t to bad, not ideally but we made the most of it!

Hope this gives you some hope!

Have the best time! Good luck on the weather! We had a delayed start to H20, but it ended up being fun shorter then we would have liked but fun! The Halloween party in the rain wasn’t to bad, not ideally but we made the most of it!

Hope this gives you some hope!
Thanks so much! I knew I was taking chances booking in August but I'm just hoping it's not a complete washout. We will definitely make the most out of it because a Disney day in the rain is better than a day at work. Glad you guys had fun!!

We’re five days out from our first anniversary trip! Our MagicBand+ came in the mail last week. Everyone’s recent report-backs are super helpful in gauging expectations. I keep adjusting our plans, but finally DH told me to plan the trip I’d want to take and that helped the best with finalizing park reservations 🤣 Currently mostly worried about weather, but I may have to just pick up some waterproof flip flops for us to swap into on the fly.

I'm on my way to FL today... first up is a conference that starts tomorrow and then Sunday I head to WDW!

Flight to my conference city was overbooked so I'm currently spending a few extra hours in Dallas after giving up my seat. Got a $400 voucher though that I'll use to visit my family at Christmas so I'm happy!

Definitely seem to be a lot of travelers everywhere still so that combined with reports here have me bracing for larger than normal crowds next week in Disney.

My travel day is finally here. One of the last of the "August" group. I'm off to see my CM daughter. In tow are my teen daughter, my adult niece and her 2 kids. MNSSHP tonight. Praying for decent weather. My daughter told me there was a terrific thunderstorm last night.
Have the best trip!!

It was a bit insane that storm! Woke me up, and made me move rooms to sleep with my 4 year old!

Have the best trip!!

It was a bit insane that storm! Woke me up, and made me move rooms to sleep with my 4 year old!
Wow! Yeah, my daughter called me and said "mom, it's crazy!". And we're from the Midwest - no strangers to crazy storms. Well, if we get rained out, we'll make the best of it!

Wow! Yeah, my daughter called me and said "mom, it's crazy!". And we're from the Midwest - no strangers to crazy storms. Well, if we get rained out, we'll make the best of it!
I’ll don’t think it will be that bad tonight, 🤞🏻

My travel day is finally here. One of the last of the "August" group. I'm off to see my CM daughter. In tow are my teen daughter, my adult niece and her 2 kids. MNSSHP tonight. Praying for decent weather. My daughter told me there was a terrific thunderstorm last night.
We arrived yesterday and went to the MK last night to see Enchantment. It was raining but not a downpour or much lightning at 9pm. Disney kept delaying the show. We left about 10:50 and the show never occurred. We were rained out at Universal on Tuesday night also. Definitely hoping for a better day today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter