Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kath2003 said:
He looks thrilled that it's pink :rotfl:

I don't know about Daniel *the birthday boy*, but around here (Virginia Beach), the surfer guys LOVE pink. Personally, I think they wear it to get chicks. :rotfl2: I guess they think it makes them look more like a "ladies man". :rolleyes1 :lovestruc

Here is another phone number to add to our list

GARDEN GRILLE: 407 560 6071

I called this afternoon and spoke to a lovely CM who took my name, ADR date, time and confirm and my phone number. She said either a chef or manager would call me back within 48 hours to take the order- can't wait!! I will post the options given and what I went with!

Just an update on the mini castle cakes. I attempted to order mine today from GF bakery (Courtney at private dining) but wanted butter cream. The mini castle cake only comes with vanilla or chocolate cake and chocolate mousse, vanilla mousse or cheesecake fillings. The outside of the mini castle cake only is made with fondant icing. There is a two tier mini cake available, but it does not have the castle on it and both tiers must be the same (and are available only in the above configurations. I ended up ordering a 6 inch chocolate cake with chocolate butter cream inside and vanilla outside and a castle on top. Cost was $12.50 for the cake and $15 for the castle.

I have been following this thread since August and just today got around to ordering cakes for a week from today for my youngest DD's 7th birthday. I called O'Hana's and got them directly and ordered a chocolate/chocolate cake with Mickey sprinkles for dinner. Then I called the MK # and they called back within 2 hours. I ordered a slipper dessert for CRT lunch that same day. Great service.

BTW - I also ordered a dozen colored balloons with a large Mickey/Minne Mylard AND a Mickey Surprise cake (which is made up of candy bars and filled with candy) from the Disney Florist which will all be delivered to the room that day while we're out and about. Their number is 407-827-3505. They are an ftd affiliate I think. www.disneyflorist.com

Edited: Where are my manners. Thank you to Zurgswife for putting this all together and to everyone else for their contributions. It was extremely helpful.

mmmcq said:
I have been following this thread since August and just today got around to ordering cakes for a week from today for my youngest DD's 7th birthday. I called O'Hana's and got them directly and ordered a chocolate/chocolate cake with Mickey sprinkles for dinner. Then I called the MK # and they called back within 2 hours. I ordered a slipper dessert for CRT lunch that same day. Great service.

BTW - I also ordered a dozen colored balloons with a large Mickey/Minne Mylard AND a Mickey Surprise cake (which is made up of candy bars and filled with candy) from the Disney Florist which will all be delivered to the room that day while we're out and about. Their number is 407-827-3505. They are an ftd affiliate I think. www.disneyflorist.com

Edited: Where are my manners. Thank you to Zurgswife for putting this all together and to everyone else for their contributions. It was extremely
helpful.

Hi,

We are going Dec 2 week and I have reservations at CRT for Dinner for my daughter. Can you tell me the # to call and how much the slipper dessert was?

From the first page of this thread it the telephone number 407-824-7091 for MK Bakery. The slipper dessert was $12.50 and will be added to the bill.

mmmcq said:
From the first page of this thread it the telephone number 407-824-7091 for MK Bakery. The slipper dessert was $12.50 and will be added to the bill.

Thanks so much!!! I cannot recall if there was a photo of the slipper dessert on here? Can you tell me if there was just so I can see it. :goodvibes

mylittleprincess said:
Thanks so much!!! I cannot recall if there was a photo of the slipper dessert on here? Can you tell me if there was just so I can see it. :goodvibes

Its on page 2, post #20 I think. That is how it looks at the GF but at CRT it doesn't come with the choc boat but with some fruit and it comes sitting on top of angel food cake.

mmmcq said:

The Mickey suprise cake looks wonderful...I think I'm going to order it for my kids!

As promised, here is the info from Garden Grille:

They called me back 48 hours after I called (almost to the minute- it was scary!!). My choices were 6 inch or 8 inch cake. Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and filling or Chocolate cake with Chocolate frosting and chocolate mousse (sp?) filling. It will have an edible image of Mickey and I could personalize the message.

We went for the 6 inch and "Happy Birthday Mommy". It was $13. It sounds to me like it may be like the frozen ones....

I will report back in early December once we return how it tasted and post a picture!

ETA: DH wasn't thrilled with the idea of a frozen cake so he also had me order one from the MK bakery for our dinner at LTT on our MVMCP night. I requested a Christmas themed cake with an edible image of Mickey. I will be sure to post a picture of that as well!
FYI: I called the number from the 1st page for MK cakes and actually got a live person to answer!!

Well I just ordered my daughter's graduation cake for Monday. . . it's a 10" (smallest size to be able to have the white chocolate moose filling) with Ariel on it. . . chocolate cake, white chocolate moose filling and white buttercream icing $40 at the Contemporary room service

First of all, a big THANK YOU to zurgswife for starting this thread. I was just looking around in the other cake thread when I found this one. It's great and has so much information.

On the downside, I am getting a little worried that I won't be able to get what I want for my DDs 11th b-day. We're staying at OKW and have DRs for the Hoop-De-Doo on the night of her b-day. As far as the cake, I wanted to order something to have brought in the room while we were at dinner. I read that I had to order from Olivia's, which only makes the pre-made cakes.

I decided to call GF myself and inquire if I could pick up the cake myself (want a princess cake for her and tuxedo strawberries--she LOVES choc covered strawberries). I was told that I would have to order through BW Bakery. Not a big deal, but I heard that some people had problems with tasting the shortening in the icing from there. Well, found out that BW won't let me order unless I pay an additional $75 for delivery. I can understand charging delivery to come to my resort/room (although I think that's way too expensive since the total for the cake and the strawberries would only be a few $$s more than the delivery charge), but they told me I would have to pay for that to pick it up even because they would be "delivering" it to the front desk for pick-up.

Has anyone else been told something similar to this? I'm not adverse to paying a fee, but I just think that Disney is making it a lot harder than it needs to be. It may come down to me order from another company altogether or getting one from Publix just because of the aggrevation rather than the price.

I'm hoping someone has experience with picking up a cake and if you could relay your experience?

Thanks.

tetrimble said:
First of all, a big THANK YOU to zurgswife for starting this thread. I was just looking around in the other cake thread when I found this one. It's great and has so much information.

On the downside, I am getting a little worried that I won't be able to get what I want for my DDs 11th b-day. We're staying at OKW and have DRs for the Hoop-De-Doo on the night of her b-day. As far as the cake, I wanted to order something to have brought in the room while we were at dinner. I read that I had to order from Olivia's, which only makes the pre-made cakes.

I decided to call GF myself and inquire if I could pick up the cake myself (want a princess cake for her and tuxedo strawberries--she LOVES choc covered strawberries). I was told that I would have to order through BW Bakery. Not a big deal, but I heard that some people had problems with tasting the shortening in the icing from there. Well, found out that BW won't let me order unless I pay an additional $75 for delivery. I can understand charging delivery to come to my resort/room (although I think that's way too expensive since the total for the cake and the strawberries would only be a few $$s more than the delivery charge), but they told me I would have to pay for that to pick it up even because they would be "delivering" it to the front desk for pick-up.

Has anyone else been told something similar to this? I'm not adverse to paying a fee, but I just think that Disney is making it a lot harder than it needs to be. It may come down to me order from another company altogether or getting one from Publix just because of the aggrevation rather than the price.

I'm hoping someone has experience with picking up a cake and if you could relay your experience?

Thanks.

Yes, I've heard of the $75 delivery fee (GF also has it for the monorail resorts). I wouldn't pay it either. I'd just stop by the Boardwalk and pick it up in person.

Unfortunately, some resorts just don't have any other way to get a cake (no bakery onsite) and WDW is a huge place.

Good luck!

beattyfamily said:
Yes, I've heard of the $75 delivery fee (GF also has it for the monorail resorts). I wouldn't pay it either. I'd just stop by the Boardwalk and pick it up in person.

Unfortunately, some resorts just don't have any other way to get a cake (no bakery onsite) and WDW is a huge place.

Good luck!

Thanks. My concern is they were telling me they would charge me $75 to pick it up also. :sad2:

I'm wondering if anyone has had a good experience with picking one up from the BW without having to pay the fee or for a smaller fee.

tetrimble said:
Thanks. My concern is they were telling me they would charge me $75 to pick it up also. :sad2:

I'm wondering if anyone has had a good experience with picking one up from the BW without having to pay the fee or for a smaller fee.

I'm pretty sure that is a mistake. The bakery at the Boardwalk has all kinds of cakes and other goodies and several DISers have ordered cakes there and picked them up with no 'delivery' fee! I'd call back and see what they say this time.

That would be rediculous if true and certainly a very new policy which doesn't make any sense!!

tetrimble said:
Thanks. I'll try again.

Just an FYI, the first two times we tried, we were told no direct pick up was offered from BW Bakery. It was only after getting the royal run around on my 3rd attempt that the BW private dining relented. We ended up getting the cake delivered to the BC, but it really seems it's requires the squeaky wheel there ....

Woohoo. I was finally able to make progress. Someone had posted a number earlier in the thread to the BW. I asked to be transferred to the bakery and the person who answered the phone took my order. Yes, I have to pick it up, but considering I was originally told I was going to be charged $75 for a pick up the first time, I was very excited that is not the case.

It's pretty sad that it seems a lot of CMs don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to the cakes. I certainly didn't understand why the actual bakery would not be willing to let me pick up the cake. I do understand GF because it's not a shop, but the BW is a storefront.

Anyway, the long and short of it is I ordered a 10" marble cake with white chocolate mousse and white buttercream icing. It's going to have a cinderella slipper with either truffles (if they will fit in the shoe) or mousse. They're also going to put 4 tuxedo strawberries on the cake. I think my "princess" will really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter